Main Menu

COP KILLERS (1973)

Started by The Burgomaster, July 04, 2009, 05:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Burgomaster

I bought this DVD as part of a Shriek Show boxed set.  Here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck-gRVQe1mY

This is a very low budget, poorly written, poorly acted, poorly directed, poorly edited, poorly EVERYTHING exploitation action flick.  It's one of those movies where you can sometimes hear the sound of the camera.  There's also some pretty awful sound effects editing.  Several times guns are fired but there's no matching gunshot sound.

The plot involves two drug dealers who kill some cops (thus the title COP KILLERS).  They spend most of the movie driving across desert roads in Arizona with a blond female hostage.  Occasionally, they shoot, stab, or beat someone.  Jason Williams (from FLESH GORDON, the X-Rated ALICE IN WONDERLAND, and other low-budget movies) stars along with Bill Osco (who produced some low-budget films) as the two drug dealers.

Rick Baker (!!!) did the (mostly cheesy) make-up effects.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."

Monster Jungle X-Ray

I love how that trailer has been approved for " all audiences" despite the drug references, cop-killing, and general all around mayhem  :teddyr:
" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!

BUREINPARESU

"Yesterday they were nothin' but punks killing time, today, they're killing cops"

Good god I'm in love.

RCMerchant

I have this movie. I LOVE this movie! Jason Williams is a total scumbag! A 5 star keeper!  :thumbup:
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

lester1/2jr

yeah I liked this one alot too.  it's one of those b movies where it gets better as it goes along.  like the director and actors gain experience over the course of the movie and by the end are perhaps ready to make a real movie.  I remeber one scene in particular where the guy was miked up and you can see the wire right there under his shirt as he talks and they just left it in