Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:04:03 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Worst VHS Cover Artwork! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 45
Author Topic: The Worst VHS Cover Artwork!  (Read 368359 times)
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2009, 09:56:13 PM »

That's Aqua Teen for you.  They thrive on randomness. 
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2009, 05:16:30 AM »

Having not seen the Aqua Teen movie I cannot comment on its content, but the poster in question is an overt homage to all the Frank Frazetta Conan book covers, painted by the #2 in fantasy poster art Boris Vallejo. See the poster for National Lampoon's Vacation for another example of this humorous take again painted by Boris. At least that one has the Griswold wagon. That the ATHF one does not depict any actual events in the film is not a surprise.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2009, 08:41:17 AM »

Fortunately, she seems to like the Godzilla boxes best. And she gets excited about recognizing Arnold on several different action boxes. That led us to a game of identifying Arnold, Chuck Norris, Clint Eastwood, Steve McQueen, etc. Then we played a game of "how old will I be before you let me watch it" with a bunch of movies. Her idea. She's definitely my daughter.

Just hope you've hidden the more "interesting" stuff in a fairly good hiding place.  

If you need some suggestions, here's a good one: try putting them under her bed.  If she's like most children, she hasn't looked there in ages.

:)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
p1zl3
Dedicated Viewer

Kill'n it...

« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2009, 01:46:24 PM »

LOL!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 02:05:25 PM by p1zl3 » Logged
Jim H

« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2009, 02:07:59 PM »

What exactly is wrong with Aqua Teen Hunger Force's movie cover?  It's a truly excellent painting by a master of the form, Boris Vallejo.  It just looks silly because they're characters that should never be done realistically - but that's the whole point...  Or was that you being ironic?  I can't tell..

Clearly it's not the craftsmanship or technique of the work (being an artist myself I recognize talent), but the subject matter in general. Nothing depicted on the cover (apart from the four characters) was even remotely close to happening in the picture... there's no dinosaurs... there's no barbarian women riding chopped Harlies... there aren't even any f*cking volcanoes in the movie!!! I realize ATHF is supposed to be asinine, but maybe it does it's job just a little too well...

...If they would have put a robotic-duck or even that stupid laser-shooting poodle, at least it would have been in context! Just because it was the designers intention to be lame, doesn't aleviate it from being such.   

Ah, I see.  That makes sense. 

I haven't seen the movie, but I understand where you're coming from.  I just look at it and see a really good painting with ridiculous material in it - and I've never liked the show, so I never saw the movie.
p1zl3
Dedicated Viewer

Kill'n it...

« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2009, 03:18:39 PM »

Ah, I see.  That makes sense. 
...and I've never liked the show, so I never saw the movie.

Consider yourself lucky... I realize it's a stoner favorite, but I'm not sure even marijuana could rectify this garbage! *BLAH!*
TheDope
Movie Reviewer And Professional Nit-Picking Geek

Gone but not forgotten... well, KINDA forgotten.

« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2009, 09:22:41 PM »

Even more prime examples of badness!

Keepin' the bad artwork alive....

- TGWD

TheDope: bringing the conversation to a grinding halt since 2002.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2009, 08:05:21 AM »

Even more prime examples of badness!

Was that film from the 70's?

Malice have the same artwork for their 1987 album "Licence To Kill"

Look!

BUREINPARESU
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2009, 09:32:05 AM »

Scrolling down to Robo Vampire felt bizarre; first I see "Robo" and expect to see "Cop" underneath, but instead I get "vampire".
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2009, 09:23:34 PM »

The cross-eyed ninja!  BounceGiggle

AHH cob-web! AAHH spider!
How they can stretch that out for a whole movie is beyond me!

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2009, 03:55:07 PM »

I gotta bring this one back from the grave to show off some new finds. These covers are from Ghana Africa where artists were hired to create promotional artwork for traveling exhibitionists who toured the country with a TV, VCR and generator. Some of these are absolutely hysterical, especially the James Bond one. You'll know it when you see it. Some of these are not necessarily safe for work though why anybody would get offended beats me.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #101 on: September 08, 2009, 03:59:29 PM »

holy crap they could have at least gotten someone who was interested in art to draw them

stolen bible 2 looks awesome.  it's probably really boring though
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2009, 04:09:47 PM »

AWESOME!
They're kinda charming in a way!

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #103 on: September 08, 2009, 04:14:41 PM »

this trailer for stolen bible is insane

Small | Large
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #104 on: September 08, 2009, 05:14:33 PM »

This one had me roaring. Cujo seems to be about a mad experiment to graft the head of an Irish Setter onto the body of a Rottweiler. BounceGiggle

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 45
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Worst VHS Cover Artwork! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.