Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:32:05 AM
713387 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Worst VHS Cover Artwork! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 45
Author Topic: The Worst VHS Cover Artwork!  (Read 368459 times)
Nukie 2
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I did it all for the...

« Reply #255 on: February 04, 2010, 11:41:51 PM »

DERR Fire a gun DERRRR!

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #256 on: February 05, 2010, 12:13:57 AM »

Wow.. the Silver Surfer in a suit and tie has 4 teens trapped in his head!

This poster looks cool and thanks to whoever posted it because now I want to see this movie.

YA SEE?! THATS what im TALKIN' ABOUT!! If they would just use the ORIGINAL arkwork insteada some misleading photoshoped DOOKIE, they might actually BENIFIT from it and the film could become more POPULAR!!
JEEZIS!

And vukxfiles, I found out about this movie the same way! I saw the poster at a horror convention and decided to hunt it down!

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
MrMari

Keepin' my pimp hand strong since 1975.

« Reply #257 on: February 07, 2010, 11:39:53 AM »

You would think they would have gotten a better looking broad for this cover.

I'm shocked that this classic hasn't made the list.

I like to think the Klan dude got bucked off the horse, broke his neck, and is squirming in his own poop...or maybe its just a bad cover.

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #258 on: February 07, 2010, 04:02:34 PM »

I know it's just sticker wear, but it looks like a flying log is about to take out the Klansman who's already about to fall off his horse.

Strange juxtaposition on this one.. the review stating she's "a beautiful woman" when we can see skull where the skin's peeled off.  Bleargh!

And this one.. wow, this is just stupid!  A knife stuck in the street (rather difficult to manage) with blood, money and.. what the hell is that in the blood?

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #259 on: February 07, 2010, 05:27:12 PM »

And this one.. wow, this is just stupid!  A knife stuck in the street (rather difficult to manage) with blood, money and.. what the hell is that in the blood?

They look like there running across an I-BEAM high above the city to me!

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #260 on: February 07, 2010, 11:16:02 PM »

That is either an unusually big horse, an unusually tiny klansman, or the horse is much closer to the viewer.

Looks to me like somebody's pinned some toast and peanut butter to the street with a knife, or maybe a burnt Pop Tart. That must be it. Guy burnt his Pop Tart, got mad, pinned to the middle of a highway with a large kitchen knife, and all the berry filling leaked out around it. Then he went on a killing spree against people in blue pantyhose, all because of an overdone breakfast pastry.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
retrorussell

« Reply #261 on: February 08, 2010, 01:57:19 AM »

Looks to me like somebody's pinned some toast and peanut butter to the street with a knife, or maybe a burnt Pop Tart. That must be it. Guy burnt his Pop Tart, got mad, pinned to the middle of a highway with a large kitchen knife, and all the berry filling leaked out around it. Then he went on a killing spree against people in blue pantyhose, all because of an overdone breakfast pastry.
[/quote]

Makes sense!  BounceGiggle
Seriously, that's a pretty inane cover.  I don't know how I can top that.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #262 on: February 08, 2010, 06:19:55 AM »

DERR Fire a gun DERRRR!

I'm not familiar with that particular rifle. I mean, it looks like some kind of teeny tiny Gatling gun on the end of a regular assault rifle, but all the barrels are firing at once. It has a scope that appears to be completely blocked by the large open sight, which is probably why the scope is pointing off to the right and not straight down the barrel. Why that front sight is there is anyone's guess, since there's no rear sight. But none of that matters because Mr. Don't Ask, Don't Tell isn't bothering to aim it anyway, probably because there's no stock - just a pistol grip placed unusually high on the rear of the weapon. This gun is also unique in that it's fed by both a clip and a belt at the same time. I'm not sure where those large cartridges are going, however, since the barrels look like they couldn't be much larger than .22 calibre.

And then there are the problems with the picture itself, like the faulty perspective. It looks like the barrels flare out from the front of the gun, which also appears to be slightly bent. And since the artist apparently can't draw a foreshortened circle, it looks like the grenade launcher has an angled "baloney cut" on the end, and the scope appears to have a large chrome ball in front of it. Altogether, I'd say that's just about the worst rendering of a gun I've seen on any movie poster.

---------------------
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #263 on: February 08, 2010, 10:14:46 AM »

A lot of work obviously went into this cover. What I find really funny is Patrick kind of looks like Pat Boone in this picture. Beware of Patrick Boone. He's in a coma, yet he can kill with his high-contrast face and dodged, hand-tinted eyes.

---------------------
retrorussell

« Reply #264 on: February 08, 2010, 03:26:13 PM »

Yeah.. I can see him saying, "Am I that transparent?"

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #265 on: February 08, 2010, 07:31:32 PM »

"Dammit! I'm going to march right over and tell Ed 'Big Daddy' Roth to keep his dog in his own yard!"
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 04:00:42 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
retrorussell

« Reply #266 on: February 10, 2010, 03:04:56 AM »

Actually, it looks like the dog's laughing.  Like the guy told him a joke.  "A cat walks into a bar.."  ARF!  BWA HA HA HA!!!

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #267 on: February 10, 2010, 05:59:31 AM »

It looks like she sharted while this guy was trying to rob her with a kitchen knife, and both are now trying to run away in embarrassment.   This is why I don't eat Tex-Mex fast food very often...  Buggedout
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #268 on: February 10, 2010, 09:28:53 PM »

DERR Fire a gun DERRRR!

I'm not familiar with that particular rifle. I mean, it looks like some kind of teeny tiny Gatling gun on the end of a regular assault rifle, but all the barrels are firing at once. It has a scope that appears to be completely blocked by the large open sight, which is probably why the scope is pointing off to the right and not straight down the barrel. Why that front sight is there is anyone's guess, since there's no rear sight. But none of that matters because Mr. Don't Ask, Don't Tell isn't bothering to aim it anyway, probably because there's no stock - just a pistol grip placed unusually high on the rear of the weapon. This gun is also unique in that it's fed by both a clip and a belt at the same time. I'm not sure where those large cartridges are going, however, since the barrels look like they couldn't be much larger than .22 calibre.

And then there are the problems with the picture itself, like the faulty perspective. It looks like the barrels flare out from the front of the gun, which also appears to be slightly bent. And since the artist apparently can't draw a foreshortened circle, it looks like the grenade launcher has an angled "baloney cut" on the end, and the scope appears to have a large chrome ball in front of it. Altogether, I'd say that's just about the worst rendering of a gun I've seen on any movie poster.

I'm sure Andrew can verify that this gun is 100% legit. TeddyR
retrorussell

« Reply #269 on: February 12, 2010, 03:20:14 PM »

Neat-o.. (not) the skull of a ZZ Top member!

And I know this is supposed to be a silly movie.. but still, that's a pretty dumb cover.  And wait-- is that Dr. Forrester from MST3K?  "Send 'em the movie, Frank!"

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 45
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Worst VHS Cover Artwork! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.