Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:49:32 AM
713396 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  know any free movie sites? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: know any free movie sites?  (Read 5709 times)
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« on: July 09, 2009, 08:48:21 PM »

does anybody know any good free movie sites? one that doesnt require personal information. i just tried graboid. i watched a couple of movies and my free trial membership bandwidth was used up. what a tease. thanks.

exterminate all rational thought.....
Pilgermann
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 12:56:58 AM »

http://crackle.com/

I think it's ran by Sony, but they have some good stuff (lots of Godzilla and Mothra!).  No memberships required and the video quality is very good but my computer runs them a bit sluggishly.  Sometimes sites like these aren't accessible to those outside of the country of origin, in this case the US, but give it a shot.

Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 05:10:43 AM »

That link does not seem to hold much.... I found 5 films and 2 clips.  BounceGiggle but the site could just have parts of it down.

www.surfthechannel.com Excellent site. Gives links to youtube, megavideo and the other countless streaming sites. Its a bit hit and miss on content. Quality can also be very poor on some sites, other sites its excellent.

http://freedocumentaries.org/index.php Anything by John Pilger is worth watching.

Always worth checking youtube and megavideo. Brain damage, Troll, the blob, Slugs.... A very long list of films is on you tube.

"We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view."Mao. "At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love. It is impossible to think of a genuine revolutionary lacking this quality." Ernesto Che Guevara. "A lie told often enough becomes the truth" Lenin. "Religion is the opium of the masses." Marx.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 06:29:35 AM »

They've got some at the IMDb http://www.imdb.com/features/video/browse/film/

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 07:02:44 AM »

Well, I do know one...
I don't think it's illegal because it's streaming on your computer and not downloading...but it's still pretty dodgy...at least morally.

I wouldn't recommend it, but here it is if you want it.

http://www.SPAMMED URL/

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 07:59:56 AM »

Well, I do know one...
I don't think it's illegal because it's streaming on your computer and not downloading...but it's still pretty dodgy...at least morally.

Its not illegal. You are not committing copy right infringement and as long as its free you have no worries. Also all these sites which link to youtube, megavideo.... are all legal as they do not host the video.

You are just enjoying the fact someone else has committed copy right infringement (never download). Its the only way I can keep up with some Sci fi shows I enjoy, such as SGA.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 08:04:50 AM by MrPassmore » Logged

"We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view."Mao. "At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love. It is impossible to think of a genuine revolutionary lacking this quality." Ernesto Che Guevara. "A lie told often enough becomes the truth" Lenin. "Religion is the opium of the masses." Marx.
PhilosophyMixtapes
New Visitor

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 08:26:20 AM »

ninjavideo.net has free tv shows and movies (no personal info needed).
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 12:14:40 PM »

Well, I do know one...

Its not illegal. You are not committing copy right infringement and as long as its free you have no worries. Also all these sites which link to youtube, megavideo.... are all legal as they do not host the video.

You are just enjoying the fact someone else has committed copy right infringement (never download). Its the only way I can keep up with some Sci fi shows I enjoy, such as SGA.

It's probably not illegal for an individual to watch streamed copyright infringing content (I wouldn't state that categorically without doing complicated legal research and knowing what jurisdiction you are in), but even if it is illegal, it's obviously not enforceable. 

The fact that something is provided for free has absolutely nothing to do with its legality, however.  If you pay for a pirated video you probably haven't broken any laws, either, at least not any that would ever be enforced.  But if you copy a DVD and give it away for free, you have broken the law.

Also, depending on how they are organized and promoted, sites which knowingly link to copyright infringing material in a deliberate attempt to circumvent the law are probably breaking the law, even if they do not host the material.  Napster's defense that it did not host any infringing content on it's servers only made the Supreme Court chuckle. 

Youtube itself hosts the videos, but the entire operation is perfectly legal because they do not knowingly commit copyright infringement, actively discourage it, comply with takedown requests, and offer plenty of non-infringing content.

Crackle, youtube's officially licensed stuff available here, the public domain stuff at archives.org, are all unequivocally legal.   

Anyway, from the individual's standpoint it's a moral decision according to your conscience, not a legal one. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 12:41:57 PM »

Well, I do know one...

It's probably not illegal for an individual to watch streamed copyright infringing content (I wouldn't state that categorically without doing complicated legal research and knowing what jurisdiction you are in), but even if it is illegal, it's obviously not enforceable. 

The fact that something is provided for free has absolutely nothing to do with its legality, however.  If you pay for a pirated video you probably haven't broken any laws, either, at least not any that would ever be enforced.  But if you copy a DVD and give it away for free, you have broken the law.

Also, depending on how they are organized and promoted, sites which knowingly link to copyright infringing material in a deliberate attempt to circumvent the law are probably breaking the law, even if they do not host the material.  Napster's defense that it did not host any infringing content on it's servers only made the Supreme Court chuckle. 

Youtube itself hosts the videos, but the entire operation is perfectly legal because they do not knowingly commit copyright infringement, actively discourage it, comply with takedown requests, and offer plenty of non-infringing content.

Crackle, youtube's officially licensed stuff available here, the public domain stuff at archives.org, are all unequivocally legal.   

Anyway, from the individual's standpoint it's a moral decision according to your conscience, not a legal one. 

I agree its not a legal decision. As it can not be enforced. The only way to be enforced would be if your internet provider started watching everything you do online, which is a worrying thought. Of course the best advice to avoid downloading anything which can be possibly be breaking copy right.

It also depends where the servers are based but still avoid downloading unless you are sure its 100% legal.

Its well worth using these vast resources for entertainment in my view. Anything decent I normally buy on DVD anyway, or I watch stuff which is being aired in the US but I will have to wait perhaps over a year maybe 2 to see in the UK. Like SGA, I do not have sky so even when it airs here I can not see it. Infact I don't even own a TV at my student digs. The DVD boxset of a series takes a rather annoying amount of time to come out on DVD but I always end up buying them in the end. 

Interestingly there is a lot of books online, such as www.marxists.org has a very large library. (All within copyright law). 

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 09:09:27 PM »

Interestingly there is a lot of books online, such as www.marxists.org has a very large library. (All within copyright law). 

You can also try The Guttenberg Project, they have over 30,000 public domain books, including both Marxist and non-Marxist works.  Wink

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 10:04:42 PM »

Well, you can do your Netflix and Blockbuster.com rental trials... theres Hulu, you can watch Empire of Ants on it.
Ummm, you can watch "If Footmen Tire You What Will Horses Do?" for free on google video...

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 04:42:23 AM »

You can also try The Guttenberg Project, they have over 30,000 public domain books, including both Marxist and non-Marxist works.  Wink

Marxists.org holds a lot of classical political works as well as feminism and anarchism. 1 of the better sites I have come accross for political works.

Still I will check out that website. Lots of classical works I want to read.

Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 04:44:39 AM »

Well, you can do your Netflix and Blockbuster.com rental trials... theres Hulu, you can watch Empire of Ants on it.
Ummm, you can watch "If Footmen Tire You What Will Horses Do?" for free on google video...

Google video can be a gem at times.

Hulu is a bit irrating. Some video sites are lock vids to people outside the USA. Surfthechannel.com is very excellent as it does put a warning on any links to USA only, saves quite a lot of time. 

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  know any free movie sites? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.