Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:19:24 AM
713348 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad Video Game Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bad Video Game Movies  (Read 7567 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 09, 2009, 11:55:40 PM »

Name the worst video game movie you've seen and why you hate it...

-Super Mario Bros.

-It had absolutely NOTHING to do with Mario. I think it's an entirely unrelated movie with the characters names in it.

Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 01:28:01 AM »

Alone in the Dark - bleech. The original computer game was a lot of fun demon chickens, zombies, undead pirates, Lovecraftian horrors all that good stuff. Uwe Boll as usual managed to get everything wrong except Edward Carnby's name. This guy gives bad movies a bad name.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
3mnkids

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 03:38:41 AM »

um, all of them.   TeddyR   Video game movies suck but if I had to pick just one or two or three...

Silent hill~ lame, lame, lame.. It tried to match the creepiness of the game but failed.

Doom~ eh, the rock.. nuff said.

Hitman~ While I think Timothy Olyphant is hot, very hot in fact..He was not right for this movie. He didnt look jaded enough. Yes he was old enough but doesnt look like he is. It really ruined it for me. well that and the "plot" just sucked.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
BUREINPARESU
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 08:55:59 AM »

Yeah, hate to kill the fun but aren't all of them bad? Granted, the Super Mario Bros. movie honestly doesn't look that bad, could you really translate the old NES games to the screen?
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 09:32:04 AM »

I haven't seen it, but...can you BELIEVE this stuff?!?

Small | Large

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 09:34:54 AM »

Silent hill~ lame, lame, lame.. It tried to match the creepiness of the game but failed.

I don't know, I thought it did a good job at creeping me out.  Good CGI and good atmosphere.  Though the plot was shallow at best.

Yeah, hate to kill the fun but aren't all of them bad? Granted, the Super Mario Bros. movie honestly doesn't look that bad, could you really translate the old NES games to the screen?

You could translate the old NES game, but it would be certianly hard.

Not all video game movies are completely bad.  Tomb Raider was alright, the first Resident Evil was amusing enough, a bunch of Pokemon movies were fine, and the first Mortal Kombat good enough.

As for what I think is the worst, I have to go with Mortal Kombat 2.  Not that fun to watch and lot of the fight scenes weren't interesting to watch.

I haven't seen it, but...can you BELIEVE this stuff?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE_1KlWFJyA&feature=fvw#

WHAT THE HELL?!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 09:40:44 AM »

Mortal Kombat Annihilation.

Loved the first, hated this...

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 11:02:39 AM »

SILENT HILL is the only one I've seen, and I liked it.  It's an entertaining mix of good-movie visuals and a bad-movie script.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
dean

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 11:05:21 AM »

I'd say it's almost impossible to make a decent film plot out of Super Mario Bros so what they came up with is acceptable, considering the wacky source material.  Double Dragon was also a bit of a laugh, in a 90s stupid movie kind of way.

I tend to ignore any of the Uwe Boll movies, though Bloodrayne wasn't completely horrible [though not that great to be sure]

Paul WS Anderson has made some decent attempts [Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil] yet I don't like Resident Evil as a game adaptation: on it's own it's actually fun to watch, but as an adaptation of a survival horror I wanted more thriller than pointless action. Silent Hill had some great moments yet overall failed to capture the great feeling of the games.

If we were to class it as a video game adaptation I LOATHED AVP, but I think that's classed as more of a comic book/genre bending adaptation, than a video game adaptation.

The video game AVP whilst not the best out there has a great plot: Space Marines Vs Aliens Vs Predator.  It's almost a faultless concept and I'm surprised they haven't made it yet.  A boy can dream though...

Street Fighter wasn't horrible but wasn't too bad, but apparently the 'story of Chun Li' Street Fighter movie is HORRIBLE!

If I was to choose one, I was dissappointed in Mortal Kombat Annihilation, though it wasn't completely horrible, and I didn't like the Tekken OVA at all.

Doom though gets my vote: as a movie it wouldn't have been bad, but it took the coolest concept, that of fighting hell with guns, was ruined by making it about genetics and no mention of hell whatsoever.   ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 11:34:06 AM »

Mortal Kombat Annihilation.

Loved the first, hated this...
MKA was a cinematic clusterf*ck to put it simple.  I mean everything that could go wrong with a film did.  Several original actors didn't return, Johnny Cage dies in the first 5 minutes,  god-awful CG, way too many characters (I recall Stryker and Kabal simply being mentioned and not shown), gut wrenching acting, etc etc etc.

I'll give a second nod to Street Fighter.  I have a review planned for that in August as part of a Video Game movie roundtable so I won't disclose much right now.  However, I will say I have never seen a movie stray so widely from the original thing it was based on.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Doggett

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 12:21:03 PM »

Street Fighter is painful to watch  Bluesad

Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 01:09:40 PM »

If I was to choose one, I was dissappointed in Mortal Kombat Annihilation, though it wasn't completely horrible, and I didn't like the Tekken OVA at all.

I had forgotten about the Tekken OVA, the single worst piece of animation I have ever seen in terms of plot. 95% of the characters relegated to a cameo WTF?!? Mortal Kombat was a fun cheesy film that managed to sneak in a lot of the mythos/stories of the characters. Mortal Kombat Annihilation was a suppository of pain. Even the tv series is light years ahead of this one.

DOOM was pretty awful, although the vaunted 1st person battle scenes were nice, it was too little too late.Whenever I hear these days that a video game is being made into a film I have little expectations that it will be any good, the exception possibly being Halo if it ever gets made.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 08:03:17 PM »

ok, heres my 2 cents:

SILENT HILL - i liked it, i think its been the best video game movie so far, which isnt saying much. the story sucked but some of the creepy scenes made up for it. it wasnt as creepy as the game, but it made my mom uncomfortable at times, pyramid-head makes me feel funny.

MARIO BROTHERS - i liked it. its stupid and has little to do with the game. but really, how could you make a movie out of that game? its a good kids movie, its got that innocent charm thing going for it.

DOOM - i was so excited when i heard about this movie! its about time! how could they screw this up? i knew this was going to be good movie! lots of cool looking demon thingys, big guns, and hell! you dont even need a story or acting! .......(sigh) i actually paid to see this, ill regret it till the day i die.

DOUBLE DRAGON - was that movie supposed to be some kind of joke?

exterminate all rational thought.....
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2009, 07:02:46 AM »

Resident Evil - really liked this one, everything from the opening theme by Marilyn Manson to the performances by all the actors.  Even the commentary track was one of the most entertaining I've ever heard.  It was a bit short on story, but that's my only complaint.

Resident Evil Apocalypse - blew chunks.  The stylish cool of the first movie was all replaced with Paul Anderson's childish superhero stupidity.  By the end it had sunk into complete mental retardation.

Mario Brothers - crazy stupid movie, you really need to smoke a couple of bowls before watching it. 

Double Dragon - dopey junk, but man oh man, Alissa Milano was hot!  Who cares about anything else.

Alone in the Dark - Ewe Boll takes a Hollywood budget and manages to make a pretty crappy Sci-Fi Channel Original.  I couldn't even figure out what was going on, just CGI monsters attacking, I guess that was the whole point.  And he had Tara Reid wearing some thick sweater, that's just like giving the audience the finger.  New-found-land;  yeah, he must have hired her strictly for her acting ability.

BloodRayne - wasn't too bad.  Kind of boring, dumb story, but I've seen far worse.  Kristana Lokken is always nice to look at.

Doom - Okay, here's my #1 choice for worst video game movie.  Let's hire the Rock, and then we'll have him play an insane character.  Brilliant.  Dumb story, BORING, I never did make it all the way through.  Just total apathy about what happens to these people. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Doggett

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2009, 07:14:50 AM »

I like Mario Brothers !
It's stupid but fun !! Thumbup

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad Video Game Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.