Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:08:09 PM
713369 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Covers that are way more awesome than the movie « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Covers that are way more awesome than the movie  (Read 23158 times)
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2009, 01:24:49 PM »

Wait, isn't that from a H.R. Giger-drawn metal album cover?  Buggedout

Actually I think the Future-Kill cover was a commissioned piece IIRC, it is very similar though to some of the Debbie Harry KooKoo art Giger did. I still haven't seen this film, I must have passed it over dozens of times in the '80s despite having Edwin (Hitchhiker) Neal in it.

I think he means this:

I think commissioning HR Giger to draw your cover art automatically gets you a place on this thread.
BUREINPARESU
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2009, 02:31:42 PM »

Giger did various album covers (I think at least, may have just been for one band), I'm just certain I saw the one used for that film elsewhere.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 06:48:51 AM by BUREINPARESU » Logged
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2009, 03:52:38 PM »

Actually, this looks like one of those Al Jaffee "Mad Fold-Ins."

There are SO MANY that resemble this one:

I bought this DVD not long ago:

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2009, 04:11:47 PM »

It's a boring poster with a Frog eating a hand.  It's all very dull, but it is far more awesome than the movie was.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 04:14:42 PM »

It's a boring poster with a Frog eating a hand.  It's all very dull, but it is far more awesome than the movie was.

Actually, I find FROGS entertaining in an AIP, 1970s, drive-in sort of way.  I own  a copy on DVD.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2009, 05:05:38 PM »

I bought this DVD not long ago:

TeddyR One of my personal favorites!

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2009, 05:36:33 PM »

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2009, 06:03:21 PM »

Actually, I find FROGS entertaining in an AIP, 1970s, drive-in sort of way.  I own  a copy on DVD.

Interesting, you must have a better tolerance for extreme boredom that comes in certian movies than I do.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2009, 01:12:20 AM »

Giger did various album covers, I'm just certain I saw the one used for that film elsewhere.

It probably was used somewhere else. I double checked the database on his website and it listed 2 works he did specifically for Future-Kill. Incidentally my favorite Giger piece is Satan I the cover for Celtic Frost's 1985 album To Mega Therion. which he allowed them to use for free. I had totally forgotten about that Steve Stevens Atomic Playboys album cover though, not one of his masterpieces.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
bladerunnerblues
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2009, 02:14:39 AM »

One of my brothers favorites.He chuckles every time Lyle says,"b***h".
Javakoala
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2009, 06:07:06 AM »

Interesting, you must have a better tolerance for extreme boredom that comes in certian movies than I do.

I have to agree with Burgomaster.  I've seen this thing at least 3 times.  I get a low-grade kick out of it, mainly how most of these people pretty much kill themselves out of stupidity.  I really should add this to my library (god, knows I don't need MORE DVDs).
BUREINPARESU
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2009, 06:50:52 AM »

I really enjoyed Robot Jox, am I the only one who thinks that cover was fairly accurate of the movie? They were... kinda static for the most part. XD
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2009, 07:05:52 AM »

I really enjoyed Robot Jox, am I the only one who thinks that cover was fairly accurate of the movie? They were... kinda static for the most part. XD

I thought so too. There's nothing especially misleading on the cover.

---------------------
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2009, 10:16:35 PM »

Had a look through the shelves today, and found a cover that is about as far from accurately depicting the movie as any I've seen. Trident Force.

---------------------
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2009, 08:27:10 PM »

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Covers that are way more awesome than the movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.