Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:37:46 PM
714252 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Modern Ruins Photo Essays « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Modern Ruins Photo Essays  (Read 2666 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: July 14, 2009, 11:00:44 AM »

I know I've posted this site before, but I really dig these old places and wonder how creepy they would be in person.

Check'em out and see if your imagination doesn't  go to work.

http://www.oboylephoto.com/ruins/index.htm

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
3mnkids

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 11:38:11 AM »

Thanks for the link I love sites like that. Here is one I found yesterday showing abandoned houses in Detroit.

http://www.100abandonedhouses.com/about/
The abandoned houses project began innocently enough roughly ten years ago. I actually began photographing abandonment in Detroit in the mid 90’s as a creative outlet, and as a way of satisfying my curiosity with the state of my home town. I had always found it to be amazing, depressing, and perplexing that a once great city could find itself in such great distress, all the while surrounded by such affluence.

The photos   http://www.100abandonedhouses.com/   Some of the houses were obviously beautiful years ago. I wish I could find before pictures.  The ones with the snow on ground are really bleak.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
trekgeezer

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 12:08:51 PM »

Some of those houses look really sad, and you're right it would be cool to see what some of them looked like back the day.

Some of them have some great architecture going on.

dean

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 03:30:37 PM »

That's pretty cool.  The orphanage photos are particularly creepy: just imagine living there!  Buggedout

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 03:36:27 PM »

That's pretty cool.  The orphanage photos are particularly creepy: just imagine living there!  Buggedout

You can't, it was burnt down in a blaze.  Bluesad

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 05:58:12 PM »

These are beautifully haunting. The Jail and the Orphange are my favorites. I love the prisoner graffitti in the jailhouse. I noticed that in on picture someone made a BAD movies type list of there favorite rock bands. Sweet. If you write on the walls in Van Buern County Jail....yer a$$ would be grass!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 08:08:38 PM »

Trek,

Living in Arkansas, you might remember Dogpatch USA.
It was an amusement park with the Li'l Abner theme.
I have relatives in Arkansas and went there with my family in the early 80's when I was a kid and remember having a great time.

Look at it now:

Small | Large

It's so weird seeing it like that.
I have vivid memories of my time there. 
From the mini train ride to the trash containers that had an animal head (a razorback) on them.  The animal's head had a large tube in it's mouth and it was essentially a large vacuum.  When you put trash near its mouth and let go, it sucked it up.
I also remember the actors who dressed up like the characters in the Li'l Abner comic strip and getting a big hug from Daisy Mae.  I'm pretty sure my mom still has the photo she took of me getting that hug.

It's almost surreal looking at it now. 

trekgeezer

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 03:11:05 PM »

About Dogpatch, I took my kids there in 1987 and it was great time.  I got to play the three legged guy in a dance number.  Daisy Mae asked if I would do it and I said yes. They put me in a suit with a fake arm with the hand in a pocket, then I could operate the third leg.

The place was hoot, but we went back a few years later and it had really changed.  They got rid of the tram took you down into the park and actually had a road that wound through it and it was mostly antique shops, and L'il Abner was not it site.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Modern Ruins Photo Essays « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.