Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:51:06 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Aeon Flux « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Aeon Flux  (Read 6032 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« on: July 16, 2009, 04:01:27 PM »

Well, what did you think ?

Philosophical or pretentious ?

Style over substance ?

Personally I loved it.
I loved the action, dialogue and look of the characters and the weird sense of sex and perversions that would seep through every episode...I could have done with a bit less tongue action, though.  Bluesad

Here's a bit to jog your memory:
Small | Large

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 05:10:34 PM »

I have vivid memories of when I was 19 years old back in 1993 when my friends and I would gather in front of the TV, smoke pot and watch Liquid Television.  We always looked forward to Aeon Flux the most.

Awesome series!   Thumbup
Doggett

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 06:13:09 PM »

I have vivid memories of when I was 19 years old back in 1993 when my friends and I would gather in front of the TV, smoke pot and watch Liquid Television.  We always looked forward to Aeon Flux the most.

Awesome series!   Thumbup

Hmmm...

I don't approve of the pot smoking.   Thumbdown

But I do approve of the Aeon Flux being the best.  Thumbup
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 05:56:58 AM by doggett » Logged

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 10:08:59 PM »

Aeon Flux had been a favorite of mine since I was a kid. I used to stay up late to watch the show. The only thing good about the movie was they released the cartoons on dvd.

I always liked the weirdness of the show. I didn't get all the sexual perversions until I got older and I didn't realize until I was older that It shaped alot of my life like getting into punk music and ideals.

I was disappointed at the commentary with Peter Chung on the dvds. He sounds like he honestly didn't know the meaning of anything he did for the show that made me think it was a bit pretentious. Don't get me wrong I wasn't asking for a a meaning for eveything just a bit more insight. Even one of the other commentiors said in a nutshell "All these years and still no explanation"

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 11:35:07 PM »

I used to love Aeon Flux, even back when it was a short on Liquid Television.  I was just saddened by the fact that they didn't do much with the actual series.  I would have hoped for a much longer run than they gave it.  Oh well, still a great show.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 06:49:54 AM »

I enjoyed it, I guess I didn't see it as either philosophical or pretentious;  it's only philosophy was that the weird world of Aeon was immoral.  Other than that it was just creative.  Occasionally there'd be a cool plot, like one where Aeon was put in a time capsule and woke up thousands of years later.  The world had apparently been taken over by aliens, and she managed to do something that killed them all.  Then she found out that they weren't aliens, it was just that over the thousands of years she'd been asleep, humanity had evolved into something she no longer recognized.  That was pretty cool.

It's one of those shows that ends up on page 4 of my Amazon wishlist.  Yeah, I enjoyed it, but I can live quite nicely without seeing it again TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Paquita

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 10:16:42 AM »

I always thought it was icky.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 10:48:11 AM »

I always thought it was icky.

This coming from a person who, in another thread, said that Carrot Top's NIPPLES "beg to be studied."

Yea, AEON FLUX is icky. . ..

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
dean

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 06:23:07 AM »

I haven't seen the TV series specifically, but I love the short format [I think there's a difference?  There was a half hour episode series and a series of short 'episodes']

I particularly liked the creepy episode where people were talking in rhymes about mutton pie or some such eating cauliflower and have these stick figure like things inside them controlling them.  That was a great episode...

The movie had some amazing visuals, but lacked sorely in the plot department [ie boring as bat poop]  Still Charlize had some nice outfits, even if she wasn't 'Aeon' enough for me...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Doggett

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 06:32:41 AM »

I haven't seen the TV series specifically, but I love the short format [I think there's a difference?  There was a half hour episode series and a series of short 'episodes']

I particularly liked the creepy episode where people were talking in rhymes about mutton pie or some such eating cauliflower and have these stick figure like things inside them controlling them.  That was a great episode...

The movie had some amazing visuals, but lacked sorely in the plot department [ie boring as bat poop]  Still Charlize had some nice outfits, even if she wasn't 'Aeon' enough for me...

That is one of my favoutites too !!  Thumbup

Haven't seen the film yet...

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Aeon Flux « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.