Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:19:32 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  911 hangs up on girl because of the F word « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 911 hangs up on girl because of the F word  (Read 14109 times)
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 17, 2009, 03:28:22 PM »

http://current.com/items/90446780_chick-arrested-for-swearing-at-911.htm

wow   Buggedout   I really hope I never need to call 911. I have a potty mouth even when im not upset but its 10x times worse when im agitated.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 04:28:10 PM »

Whatta f#ckin' a##hole! He should lose his f#ck-(CLICK) bzzzzzzzzzz.......

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
akiratubo

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 08:06:23 PM »

I wonder what got up the cop's ass that day.  Getting divorced or something?  If he can't handle people swearing on the phone when they're having an emergency, he doesn't need to be a 911 operator.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 08:51:56 AM »

I think the first words out of my and many other people's mouth would be "I'm f*ckin' dyin' here get me some help.".

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 09:00:32 AM »

I think the first words out of my and many other people's mouth would be "I'm f*ckin' dyin' here get me some help.".

*tsk tsk*

If you're not going to be polite then I'm not going to save you.
Manners cost nothing, Darksider.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 01:12:44 PM »

*tsk tsk*

Thats it, the next time I'm dying or need help, I'm going to rattle off a string of obcenities so horrible that the 911 operator's ears bleed.

Seriously, I hope that girl's father gets to have a face to face with that cop and ask him why he put his life in danger for such a bull$#!% reason.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 01:18:10 PM by Fausto » Logged

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 03:26:10 PM »

I imagine this will result in a somewhat neagatively worded memo being placed in his file, and at his next wage review, his boss will give him a slap on the back and say "Eh, we all have days like that, ha ha". 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 06:39:46 PM »

*tsk tsk*

They cost your soul in emergent situations Doggy-Doggett.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 02:46:14 AM »

It's funny how quickly one person's moral high ground can quickly devolve into "do what I say because that's what I say."

Here's the thing, if you are a "first responder," you don't get to have an off day. You are there to save people's lives. They will live or die depending on how well you do your job.

This story is actually rather old, and I have not heard any follow ups. If the seizure victim is alive, well okay. The person who answered the phone should be fired. If that man died, the person should be brought up on criminal charges. That would be criminal negligence. Does anybody have any follow-up news?

I agree with Jack, unless anybody points it out, this guy will still be working those 911 phones.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
3mnkids

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 12:32:11 PM »

This apparently happened in 08 and this is the only thing I could find.  Two weeks without pay isn't enough IMO.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/story/WILSON-Emergency-Aid-Delayed/8UXeuN7eFkytW0KGC5IDKg.cspx

Since agreeing to be interviewed by Action News, Chief Thomas Karnes has announced that Sgt. Robert McFarland will face a two-week suspension with no pay, and will take part in additional training.  Meanwhile, Ledesma and her father who is home recovering has hired an attorney, and they’re talking settlement with the Lincoln Park.

On the same news site I found this one.. http://www.wxyz.com/news/story/Detroit-911-Operator-Sentenced-to-Probation/-dAVINdQv0WbSLmbOQZyjw.cspx

DETROIT (AP) — A 911 operator who authorities say didn't take seriously a boy's calls to report his mother's collapse was sentenced Tuesday to serve a year of probation for willful neglect of duty.

The mother was found dead three hours after the call that was handled by Sharon Nichols.

District Judge Paula Humphries on Tuesday also sentenced Nichols, 45, to perform 15 days of community service. Humphries noted that prior to being convicted in the case, Nichols had no criminal record.

I wonder how many times a year all over the country these kinds of things happen. Its really scary. I am not knocking all 911 operators, just the bad ones. I think most do their job very well.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  911 hangs up on girl because of the F word « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.