Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:08:24 AM
714308 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Boy drank gasoline to copy his TV heroes « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Boy drank gasoline to copy his TV heroes  (Read 11065 times)
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 21, 2009, 11:57:45 AM »

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/sp/article/2009/200907/20090720/article_407995.htm

A 14-YEAR-OLD boy drank gasoline for five years to obtain "energy" - just as his idols "Bumble Bee" or "Optimus Prime" do in "Transformers," the Sichuan-based West China Metropolis Daily reported yesterday.

After the boy, in Yibin City, southwest Sichuan Province, had watched the animated TV series, he began to drink gasoline to become a "valiant fighter" like "Optimus Prime," his father told the newspaper.

"Since my son started to drink gas, his IQ has dropped sharply and now he can't figure out simple addition and subtraction," the father said.

"Before that, he was a very smart boy, and he could even repair the television. But now he does not know the answer of 7 plus 17."

The worried parents finally took their son to hospital where they were told the boy had a mental disorder and a strong "gasoline dependence."

"The gasoline contains a lot of lead, which can do harm to people's brains. To make thing even worse, the boy is in the physical development stage, and the lead has caused serious damage to his body," Peng Houquan, a doctor from a hospital in Yibin, said.

wouldnt drinking gas kill you? I find this a little hard to believe. so he became stupid? If he was drinking gas Im going to say maybe he was stupid to begin with.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 12:01:22 AM »

Drinking, I don't know, but there's a guy that worked for me that was Soooo scatterbrained, he could hardly speak in complete sentences, all kinds of weird things where he was highly intelligent in one area, and almost retarded in another. He went camping with some friends and they were huffing gasoline all weekend. They think he passed out with a lungful and his breathing was so shallow he basically starved his brain of oxygen just enough to make him retarded, but not enough to kill him. People don't know how bad inhalants are until they meet someone that had a bad run-in with them.

Crap like that happens up here quite a bit. There's such a culture of being intoxicated, especially out in the bush where people get REAL bored from time to time. There was a group of guys that found a barrel of Methanol (Wood Alcohol) that had washed up on some beach and they started drinking it. They all died, but the question remains: How bored do you have to be to drink something that washed up on the beach?

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 06:21:05 AM »

How bored do you have to be to drink something that washed up on the beach?

BounceGiggle

Oh, I don't know...

I've lived in some pretty dull places.

If I was a drinker, then, who knows, it might seem like a good idea...but then I do get some strange ideas and all of them seem pretty good at the time.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 07:08:02 AM »

I didn't know they still used leaded gas anywhere.  Also surprising that it was the lead that caused him harm, I would think drinking gas would ruin the kidneys and liver, and probably eat holes in your stomach.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
BTM

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 09:27:15 AM »

"Before that, he was a very smart boy,

How smart could he have been if he was drinking GASOLINE to imitate a movie with GIANT ROBOTS?!?

I'm really hoping this story's fake...

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 01:21:02 PM »

I wonder if he was a relatively smart kid but did PCP or Salvia and that led him to do that stupid crap. I heard of a guy who was doing PCP and almost killed himself because he was trying to dry out some pot by putting it in the air cleaner of his car with the motor running, only to huff the exhaust pipe thinking he was smoking the pot. Some people react pretty weird to drugs.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 02:47:23 PM »

Dumbass, everyone knows Transformers are powered by Energon, not gasoline. 

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 03:41:11 PM »

Some people react pretty weird to drugs.

I thought that was the whole point of drugs...

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 04:56:26 PM »

Some people react pretty weird to drugs.

I thought that was the whole point of drugs...

I mean relatively. I hallucinate horribly when I take vicoden, and no, not in a fun way.   

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 04:52:30 PM »

"Before that, he was a very smart boy,

How smart could he have been if he was drinking GASOLINE to imitate a movie with GIANT ROBOTS?!?

I'm really hoping this story's fake...

My thoughts exactly.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Boy drank gasoline to copy his TV heroes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.