Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:34:01 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  A guy named "Blood" « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: A guy named "Blood"  (Read 6487 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 19, 2009, 10:24:29 AM »

Okay, check this out: there's a guy staying out our hotel who's last name is Blood.

I kid you not, it's Blood.

How freaking cool would it be to have THAT as a last name?  I think if I had a last name that awesome, I'd join the military just so I could get a rank to go along with it.  Can you imagine being Sargent Blood?  Or Lieutenant Blood?  Or even Captain Blood?  (Come to think of it, that was the name of an old PC game, I remember when I first saw it, I used to think how unlikely it'd be for someone to have the last name of Blood, but here it is!) 

Now, here's the weird part though... the guy's first name is Bobby.

Bobby.

Who the HELL would have the last name of Blood and go by "Bobby"?  That's like going by Mikey Ironspear or something.  I mean, why not go by Robert, or you initials or something but Bobby?

To me, that takes away all the coolness factor of your last name

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 11:18:12 AM »

We had a guy come to my workplace called Russell SproutBounceGiggle

Cthulhu

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 11:54:22 AM »

Pretty cool name.
I've been reading stuff on cracked.com, and I came across an article about the 9 most badass names. No.1 was Max Fightmaster.
His rank is staff sergeant.
Staff sgt. Max Fightmaster. He actually exists.
Wortcov
Bad Movie Lover

the High Inquisitor of bath and wells

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 06:55:24 PM »

how about the last name hellblomTeddyR
BTM

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 11:22:56 PM »

Hmm.. you know, I posted this in my blog as well, and right afterwards someone wrote and asked if my hotel had some kind of privacy policy about posting names of people who've stayed at the hotel on the internet. 

Doh. 

That's actually a good point.  I mean, I figured posting addresses and (of course) credit card info would be a no-no, but never really thought about it, just figured it was an interesting coincidence to mention. 

Damn, I feel a bit dumb now... 

Course, on a sidenote though, I may have to delete that person from my friends list, and not because of that post.  It's just they've been in my list for months now, I've made dozens of posts and they only time they've ever commented (twice) was to criticize me.  (Also, they haven't posted in their journal since April.)  Makes you wonder why some people keep a blog to begin with.

Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 08:34:05 AM »

I went to school with girl who was unfortunately named Kandy Appel  Bluesad We all felt for her.

I'll always remember this, but once while working at an art store I asked to check a guy's drivers license because the name on his credit card I kid you not was Starfox Skyfire . Middle aged guy, and apparently that was his real name. Whether he had changed it to that, his parents were hippies, or perhaps Native American I do not know. Maybe he was just a big fan of Nintendo and Transformers?

Also another guy I worked with had the last name Justice. His father is a captain on a police force, so he's Captain Justice!!

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 11:04:00 AM »

I was in the hospital once getting blood drawn when I notice the tech's name was Butcher.  I asked if he got many comments on the name.  He said not as many as his dad the doctor. 

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
BTM

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 12:39:43 AM »

Oh, man... was that the name his parents gave him?

I think that would be cause for justifiable homicide.

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 03:42:49 AM »

I used to work in customer service taking inbound phone calls and I've heard 'em all.

I once helped an elderly woman with the last name of "Coffin".
What a freaky last name to have.  Mrs. Coffin.  Sounds like a B-movie horror show host.
I've also helped a Mr. Blood.

Perhaps the name I remember most was a lady named Char Weave. (not Charlene...just Char)
That name was weird enough to stick in my head after all these years.

Some people get stuck with really bad last names.
On TV the other night they interviewed a guy and his last name was "Schlarbaum".
Say that three times in a row.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 11:46:45 AM »

Oh, man... was that the name his parents gave him?

I think that would be cause for justifiable homicide.

Yeah, that was his actual name.

But there was one guy, who changed his name by deed poll to "Bolt Upright". No joke.  TeddyR

Paquita

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 12:27:47 PM »

Hmm.. you know, I posted this in my blog as well, and right afterwards someone wrote and asked if my hotel had some kind of privacy policy about posting names of people who've stayed at the hotel on the internet. 

Doh. 

That's actually a good point.  I mean, I figured posting addresses and (of course) credit card info would be a no-no, but never really thought about it, just figured it was an interesting coincidence to mention. 

Damn, I feel a bit dumb now... 

I think you're OK.  I work in HR and it's really the SSN and address that's kept in secret vaults.  Names can be made up and are in the phone book and stuff - don't worry.

We had a guy working for us named Lex Luther.  I think I mentioned that before though.
BTM

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 03:41:48 AM »

Speaking of names, anyone remember waay back when "Dick" was a legitimate name that wouldn't caused prolonged snickering? 

I think that was before my time...

Paquita

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 05:23:59 PM »

Speaking of names, anyone remember waay back when "Dick" was a legitimate name that wouldn't caused prolonged snickering? 

I think that was before my time...

I work with a guy named Richard who insists on being called that.  I always try to avoid saying his name when referring to him, and when I absolutely have to say it I make it worse by whispering it.  And then I have a really tough time talking because the whole time I'm trying to speak I'm also thinking of ways not to say his name and then when I realize I have to say it I think "Oh Man! You're gonna say the "D" word! Try to make it sound natural!!"  No one else has a problem saying his name, but I just can't do it.
BTM

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 10:52:37 PM »

I work with a guy named Richard who insists on being called that. 

Get the feeling that guy's got quite an ego on him...

Jim H

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 02:49:34 PM »

I have a friend who has a cousin named Skye Blue.  Yes, the parents did that on purpose.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  A guy named "Blood" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.