Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:28:51 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Anyone else keep a blog? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Anyone else keep a blog?  (Read 6203 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 19, 2009, 10:29:36 AM »

I personally have an account with Livejournal that I update every couple of days or so. Most of the time I talk about what's going on in my life, my feelings about this and that, sometimes I'll post stuff I find funny.  It can be a bit depressing at times, as I'm often depressed, but I there's often a good mix of humor and deep philosophical discussions as well.  If anyone wants the link, let me know.

Right now it's mainly just about four or so females who read and comment regularly (as I try to do with theirs).

How aobut the rest of you guys?  Anyone else keep an online diary or anything?  If so, what do you talk about?  

Just curious...

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 11:06:30 AM »

Yeah, I have one.

Mainly it's just me moaning about this woman I want... Bluesad

She will be mine...oh, yes, she will be mine...

...but probably won't*...

*Well, I'm not ruling it out.
 It's just gonna take a lot of time and effort.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 12:36:12 PM by doggett » Logged

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 11:16:28 AM »

Just some balls on myspace about music, concerts and what-not.  Smile

Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 11:21:08 AM »

Had a livejournal.  Phased that out.  Now there's just Radiation-Scarred Reviews and the campaign journal for the D&D game I run, both on Blogspot. 

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 11:33:14 AM »

I have a Xanga blog. (If you care to find it just search "Mofo Rising.") I update it sporadically, mostly rambling on about topics I find amusing or interesting. Political idiocy, science news, jokes I thought up... I try to never talk about my personal life on it. I'd write more often, but even a short entry can take an hour to produce, since I edit and re-write constantly.

I also have a MySpace blog, but that is dedicated to stupid quizzes ("Have you ever eaten two kinds of ice cream at THE SAME TIME???") and funny videos.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 12:42:47 PM »

I suppose, technically, I have five blogs.  But as four of them are (or were) Mise-en-scene Crypt (or archives of it) I really only have two.  Both are mostly for posting of genre themed reviews and rants.  Both on blogger.

Cosmic Cinema - Science Fiction oriented reviews and yadayadayada.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Everything else.

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 01:00:56 PM »

I have a blog, I use it to host my movie reviews on.  I wish more people would subscribe or comment on it.  I would like to get feedback from people on my reviews I do.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
dean

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 06:09:19 AM »

Used to have one but haven't updated in about 2 years.  This is about how long my girlfriend and I have been going out and no it's no coincidence.

Mainly it was random things, thoughts and observations.  It seemed like the big thing at the time, where all my friends, who are creative writers too, were doing, but we all sort of partnered up and stopped posting so much...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 12:04:40 PM »

No personal blog, only a movie review blog (which I consider more of a review website using blogging software than a true blog, although I do respond to people on it).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 12:45:51 AM »

To blog (verb):  to write stuff on the internet that you think people read, that actually, no one reads...

Lookingup

Sorry, it had to be said.  Unless you're William Gibson or something, no one reads your blog.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 03:36:35 AM »

I have the blog area on my Myspace page but I rarely ever post anything to it.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 04:38:06 AM »

To blog (verb):  to write stuff on the internet that you think people read, that actually, no one reads...

Lookingup

Sorry, it had to be said.  Unless you're William Gibson or something, no one reads your blog.

Well, unless you have friends. Those are the people I write to.

I think it's a valuable exercise to just write. Helps to get your thoughts in order. That's why I write very few entries, because I have to actually think about what I'm writing, and then put them together in a form that would be entertaining or informative to read. It takes a long time.

Of course, my blog is read by five people, tops. But those are the people I care to talk to. Just a different way of communicating ideas or thoughts. Text has a different flavor than conversation, which I think is valuable. Stopping and composing a response lets you reorder and think about your own thoughts on any subject.

Also, as I said in the Facebook topic, posting entries onto a message board is part and parcel of the exact same thing as social networking sites. You may write about bad movies you enjoy, or interminable entries about how your cat just won't eat dry food, but it is the same activity. Just used to different ends.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 06:44:29 AM »

Right now it's mainly just about four or so females who read and comment regularly (as I try to do with theirs).

Good Lord...BTM has a harem.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 06:56:46 AM »

Lookingup

Over 200 people have looked at my blogs.
Man, they need a life... TeddyR

Even I don't read my blogs. I just write what's on my mind and then never look at it again.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 05:21:01 PM »

Lookingup

Before the visitor counter on my Y360 blog broke it was registering 200,000+ visits.  Of course I suppose that could have just been bots.  Yahoo didn't allow for anonymous commenting so the comments were few and far between.  Not much better with my blogger blogs.  Alas Blogger, for some odd reason, has no native visitor counter widget.  So I've no clue how many people and/or bots may have visited it, much less read it.  Then again much the same could be said for certain low circulation print 'zines.

OTOH I've had to recently fill out one of those DMCA forms to report content theft.  So if no one is reading my blog why would anyone (man or bot) steal it's content?

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Anyone else keep a blog? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.