Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:29:41 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Why do ppl hate Freddy's Revenge!? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Why do ppl hate Freddy's Revenge!?  (Read 12877 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 11:40:42 PM »

The Destiny's Child chick was one of those deaths I cheered for when it happened...literally.
Everyone in the theater when I saw it, cheered happily. TeddyR  She might be an okay singer, but can't act worth a lick.  Or maybe it was the way the character was written?

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 05:22:40 AM »

I don't completely hate it, but there are a few scenes in it that felt like they really tried to force to be scary.  For instance, the lightning bolt hitting the dishes, or the exploding canary.  At both scenes, I just kind of shrugged my shoulders and said, "Okaaaaaay..." 

I still think the second one is leagues ahead of NOES 5. 

The fith one has a woman who turns into a cockroach.

That's enough for me to like it.  Thumbup

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 11:37:20 AM »

I don't completely hate it, but there are a few scenes in it that felt like they really tried to force to be scary.  For instance, the lightning bolt hitting the dishes, or the exploding canary.  At both scenes, I just kind of shrugged my shoulders and said, "Okaaaaaay..." 

Don't you mean a man who turns into a motorcycle? o_o

I honestly rank Nightmare 2 as my favorite in the series (It had one of the most disturbing plots and the scariest Freddy by leagues), and put Nightmare 5 just a space or two below (Also a great plot). ...On the same note, who says it's forgettable or it doesn't fit in the series? After Nightmare 1, Fred realizes his dream-scheme failed and because of that tries to get back to the real world, and so he possesses a disturbed boy whose hallucinations he can make and control like others' dreams. After this new plan failed, Freddy simply went back to his dream kills (As was suggested at the end).

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2009, 05:06:31 PM »

My Favorites In The Series Are 3, 4, And 5 But I Still Think The First Two Are Pretty Good
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2009, 03:43:18 PM »

Silly Doggett, that was the fourth one.
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 11:00:05 PM »

I generally like almost all the Noes films (1-6) Noes 2:Freddys Revenge wasnt to bad, sure wasnt the best of the series. Noes 3 is still my favorite IMO.

diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2010, 09:07:35 AM »

I admit that the first time I watched this movie, I absolutely hated it. To me, it was stupid, boring and downright lame. However, upon giving Freddy's Revenge another chance, I found the film much more entertaining, and to this day, it remains as one of my favourite horror films.

Sure, the acting is nowhere near as good as the first one, but it's not terrible either. The special effects look great, although dated. Most of all, Christopher Young's score is terrific, giving a great atmospheric feel to the film.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2010, 10:02:06 AM »

never seen it, so i don't hate it

yeah no.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2010, 08:24:43 PM »

I didn't care for it too much because it was a bit too weird in terms of plot devices or things that happen for no particular reason.  It wasn't the worst of the series (that would be Freddy's Dead) but I couldn't really see myself watching it all the way through again.
I think the funniest thing about all the homosexual subtext in the film was the fact that the lead actor in the film was indeed gay.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 05:56:02 PM »

I don't have an answer why Revenge would be more widely panned than Dream Warriors, because Dream Warriors was godawful. I ONLY liked the original.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2010, 07:49:59 PM »

I don't have an answer why Revenge would be more widely panned than Dream Warriors, because Dream Warriors was godawful. I ONLY liked the original.

Buggedout

I'll give you two reasons: it was written by Wes Craven and the special effects.

NOES 3 has some of the better special effects in the franchise.

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2010, 12:39:08 AM »

I agree about the FX in Elm St. 3, and I rather like the movie.. I own it, too.  I had misgivings about it taking place in a psych ward (!) but it turned out to be a good setting.  There were a couple dumb parts (like the Freddy snake), but it wasn't dull.  And I thought Craig Wasson and Priscilla Pointer were well cast as the doctors.  I saw it when it came out in theaters with my mom (!) and I still think it's the best of the series.  Of course, in the 4th one everything went downhill as Freddy became a wisecracker and the kids couldn't act worth a lick.  Oh, and where else have you seen a bad guy come back to life thanks to dog p**s?

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Skull
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2010, 12:21:20 PM »

hehe... I think part 2 was the best in the series becuase its really dark and Freddy seems more likely to be a child murdering monster then a cartoony anti-hero.

Saddly I do have mixed feelings with "Dream Warriors" because the story was very good for the franchise and made Freddy a house hold name. This was a good thing! But he was a cartoony anti-hero that wasnt ment to take serious.

Because "Dream Warriors" did so good in the boxoffice it seemed that Hollywood made a 180 spin and started to use cartoony "anti-heros" and devised a filmming/scripting method where the good guys are annoying bastards that you'll want to see diced, chopped and/or disemboweled... And for some apparent reason these cartoony anti-heros had a need to interject a "onelineer" or do something silly. It then removes the reason why we are waching a horror films at the first place (a rollercoaster ride ending) and replaced with cheesy gore effects, cartoon monsters and characters that you just dont care about.

I do think the success of Child's Play in the boxoffice help established the direction of Horror films for the rest of the 1980's and early 1990's.

:)

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Why do ppl hate Freddy's Revenge!? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.