Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:20:41 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  guilty pleasures? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Author Topic: guilty pleasures?  (Read 70121 times)
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 12:17:18 PM »

Stonewall Hard Snuff
It's really wimpy, but freaks out the metropolitan crowd.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
3mnkids

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 01:18:44 PM »

nice to see so many ABBA fans. I guess im in good company. I can recite Grease verbatim and have the soundtracks to both Grease and Xanadu. I also have the friends trivia game and win every single time we play.    Twirling   

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 03:18:01 PM »

I can recite Grease verbatim and have the soundtracks to both Grease and Xanadu.  

Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 03:36:46 PM »

TV - Melrose Place.  Guess it's always been a dream of mine:  Move to Southern California where all the women are glamorous, and sleep with every single solitary one of them.

Dude, I thought you were married... Question

Oh, I think the wife does a little dreaming while watching Melrose Place as well.   TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 03:40:40 PM »

TV - Melrose Place.  Guess it's always been a dream of mine:  Move to Southern California where all the women are glamorous, and sleep with every single solitary one of them.

Dude, I thought you were married... Question

Oh, I think the wife does a little dreaming while watching Melrose Place as well.   TeddyR

I assume you mean she watched the actors and not the actresses...or do you...?

You marriage just got a whole lot more interesting to me.  TeddyR

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 04:26:28 PM »

I assume you mean she watched the actors and not the actresses...or do you...?

You marriage just got a whole lot more interesting to me.  TeddyR

She watches it for the guys - Thomas Calabro and Jack Wagner.  See how I know those names right off the top of my head?  Almost as if I've heard someone say them quite a few times. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Doggett

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 02:28:31 PM »

Neighbours.

WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2009, 03:41:25 PM »

I can recite Grease verbatim and have the soundtracks to both Grease and Xanadu.  

Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

Why feel guilty about that?

Normally, I loathe the concept of the "guilty" pleasure, because I typically don't think there's any reason to feel guilty about something you enjoy. HOWEVER...

I have seen both Mean Girls and Georgia Rule and, god help me, I didn't think they were that bad. In fact, I downright liked Mean Girls.

::sob::

I have a problem!

I think I need to go to a 12-step program.

GOD HELP MEEEE!!!

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2009, 04:00:04 PM »

Music- Bluegrass. I just like it. Sure it hillbilly folk music but I enjoy it all the same. In fact I actually bought an album by a group called Hayseed Dixie titled A Hillbilly Tribute To AC/DC. I also love to listen to Johnny Cash. Normally I listen to hard rock and metal, yet I enjoy his music as well.

Food- Razzles. I love these. First they're a candy then they're a gum. I stock up on them several times a year to have at least one pack around.

Pets- Bunnies. I own a house bunny (no, not the Playboy kind) and I have always had a soft spot for them. I would rather own a rabbit than any other type of pet.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2009, 08:36:27 PM »

Music- Bluegrass. I just like it. Sure it hillbilly folk music but I enjoy it all the same. In fact I actually bought an album by a group called Hayseed Dixie titled A Hillbilly Tribute To AC/DC. I also love to listen to Johnny Cash. Normally I listen to hard rock and metal, yet I enjoy his music as well.

Man, there's absolutely no reason to feel guilty for enjoying bluegrass.  The musicianship is incredible.  You should feel superior to other people for being able to recognize the beauty in the music.  I know I do.   Wink

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2009, 11:23:03 AM »

In fact, I downright liked Mean Girls.
Thats a big 10-4 from me too buddy.  And as I've admitted on this board many times, I loved the Josie And The Pu s s ycats movie.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2009, 11:41:45 AM »

Thats a big 10-4 from me too buddy.  And as I've admitted on this board many times, I loved the Josie And The Pu s s ycats movie.

I liked Mean Girls too!  Bluesad

schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2009, 12:03:34 PM »

Literature: Sometimes I'll stumble onto a well-written fantasy book that is actually intended for a teen audience, then I have to chase down other stuff in the series. I call this my "adolescent girl" phase. I'm currently reading the "Maximum Ride" series by James Patterson and various things by Tamora Pierce.

Movies: OK, I admit it. There are a lot of chick flicks I like. We just went to see "All About Steve" in the theaters because my wife is a big Sandra Bullock fan, and it was surprisingly enjoyable.

Music: I liked The Carpenters. Still do. Kind of fell in love with Karen Carpenter's voice at a vulnerable age. I was so *#^@&* mad at her when she died young of #@%#^% ANOREXIA. Plus, er, ahem <blush> I was never much of a Rolling Stones fan. I like a couple of their songs but never saw the huge big deal with them.

My wife blames my musical tastes on growing up with AM Top 40 on the transistor radio while she was home listening to cool stuff on FM Album Rock.
Doggett

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2009, 01:36:05 PM »

Y'know that rom-com One Fine Day ?

I really liked it.

WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2009, 03:46:39 PM »

I liked Mean Girls too!  Bluesad

Is this the part where we all officially trade in our Man cards, have a sleepover, and braid each others' hair?

I hope not.

'Cause I look terrible with braided hair.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  guilty pleasures? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.