Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:03:14 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  my electric supercar photos + story « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: my electric supercar photos + story  (Read 1652 times)
ChuckSplatt
« on: July 22, 2009, 11:31:45 PM »

As electric cars become affordable for a higher percentage of people worldwide, I expect the oil companies to fight them.

I saw this car (shown below) while riding my Bat chopper bike and at first I thought it was a small Lotus sports car, Then I got close to it and snapped these photos (below).

Tesla Motors, Inc. (San Carlos, CA) makes 100% electric- powered Tesla Roadsters. The car has a range of 220 to 240 miles and accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in less than 4 seconds, and has a top speed of 125 mph.

The owner of the car came outside when I took the final photo of his car. He said "Do you like it?" in a very thick English/British accent. He works for Apple Computers and said he paid over $100,000 for his 2008 Tesla Roadster.

When the owner drove it away it was silent. He said his main problem is watching out for pedestrians in parking lots as the car is so silent, it startles people and he doesn't want to hit anyone.

I met one of the Tesla engineers 3 years ago at a rock concert, back when Tesla was quite unknown. He handed his business card to me and I asked him what Tesla motors is and he just smiled with confidence...

'Hope you enjoy the photos. It was so friggin' amazing to see how fast and silent this car is. I parked my black Bat-chopper bike along side the car to show how low the car is.

NOW the new race will be to see which car company can build the CHEAPEST electric car (to enable more people to own one). I expect oil companies to fight them eventually. Your thoughts?

Here's my black Bat chopper bike for height comparison. The car is very low, indeed.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 12:18:42 AM »

I'm more excited about motorcycles

http://www.bluegrassbookbank.org/bardblog/

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 08:21:05 AM »

Absolutely awesome!  Except for the $100,000 pricetag.  0-60 in four seconds is incredible.  If they'd ever come out with an affordable electric car (that didn't look comical) I'd be quite happy to buy one.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  my electric supercar photos + story « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.