Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:32:51 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Frankenstein Conquers the World *spoilers* « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Frankenstein Conquers the World *spoilers*  (Read 2465 times)
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 24, 2009, 01:03:02 AM »

For my birthday I got a slew of kaiju movies, nice research stuff for my comic book.

I got the DVD release of "Frankenstein" that has the American and Japanese versions. If I recall I believe the American version has Frank be a bit more aggressive. Has a great ending fight with Baragon who would go onto to do more things than the ,more or less, protagonist of this movie. However there is something very shocking in the Japanese version.

That damn devilfish DOES appear here. I swear up and down that every article I read on this issue claims that the Devilfish only had stills or was lost forever. Apparently untrue since we see Frank fight with the monster and seemingly gets dragged to a watery grave.

None the less I think both the Japanese and American endings are quite good. DESPITE the fact we have to go WTF at seeing an octopus monster show up in the mountains, I'm sure some people don't mind having a little more monster action before the end, and there is something quite macabre about seeing Frank grapple against this new monster before getting dragged under water. Though with the American version it has quite the dynamic ending what with a volcano erupting just after Frank defeats Baragon, and is not QUITE as random as that octopus coming out of nowhere.

*spoilers to War of the Gargantuas*

Believe it or not Frankenstein here may in fact be the gentle brown Gargantua from "War of the Gargantuas", with a little help of retconning. Or possibly just an offspring via cell sample. Still it is rather uncanny that following "Conquers" we have another film with an American actor playing the lead scientist. Possibly during the writing stage it was a more clear cut sequel but during production they may have made a not so clear transition to a more stand alone movie. Ah well, they're cool monster movies in my book.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 03:28:16 AM »

I always found FRANKENSTEIN CONQUERS THE WORLD to be very surreal. FACT: the idea for the film actually originated with a script Willis (KING KONG) O'Brien had about Frankenstein vs. King Kong! The idea was used for FCtW...which was to originally have had Frankie fight Godzilla! I have some pics in an old FAMOUS MONSTERS mag of the scetches that O'Brein made for the idea...I'll hook up me scanner this weekend and share them with you!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 07:38:43 AM »

I bought both FRANKENSTEIN CONQUERS THE WORLD and MATANGO (ATTACK OF THE MUSHROOM PEOPLE) when they were released on DVD.  I hadn't seen either one since the 1970s when they were on TV quite frequently (often on Boston's CREATURE FEATURE).  Two worthy additions to anyone's collection!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 07:17:53 PM »

For my birthday I got a slew of kaiju movies, nice research stuff for my comic book.

*spoilers to War of the Gargantuas*

Believe it or not Frankenstein here may in fact be the gentle brown Gargantua from "War of the Gargantuas", with a little help of retconning. Or possibly just an offspring via cell sample. Still it is rather uncanny that following "Conquers" we have another film with an American actor playing the lead scientist. Possibly during the writing stage it was a more clear cut sequel but during production they may have made a not so clear transition to a more stand alone movie. Ah well, they're cool monster movies in my book.

Great movies!   I love em' both.  Thumbup TeddyR Thumbup

As to Frankie being Sanda (Brown Gargantua) I think Gaira (Green Gargantua) is instead.

Frankie was thought to have drowned from the battle with Oodaku.(devilsfish)  Instead, perhaps he went dormant underwater as his body repaired itself, thru the process of cellular osmosis....he absorbed protein and oxygen rich plankton to survive in his dormant state.

This allowed him to repair his body and also convert the 0\2 molecule in water to breatheable oxygen as his body changed to an amphibious state. He also changed physically from being underwater, thus his aversion to sunlight.

However, perhaps the brain suffered significant damage as the result of the initial lack of oxygen, and was somehow incapable of repair.  This would account for his violent behavior and his aggressiveness instead of the kind creature he once was.  Just a thought.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 11:25:03 PM »

I got the DVD release of "Frankenstein" that has the American and Japanese versions. If I recall I believe the American version has Frank be a bit more aggressive. Has a great ending fight with Baragon who would go onto to do more things than the ,more or less, protagonist of this movie. However there is something very shocking in the Japanese version.

That damn devilfish DOES appear here. I swear up and down that every article I read on this issue claims that the Devilfish only had stills or was lost forever. Apparently untrue since we see Frank fight with the monster and seemingly gets dragged to a watery grave.

The first time I saw the devilfish ending I was like "what the hell?!? As the years went by I forgot about it and dismissed it as just a rumour.  And I have to say that that was the strangest ending to any movie I have ever seen.  It just comes out of nowhere and takes you in a totally different direction.  The whole thing comes off as a nightmare.

In fact, here's a trailer *Japanese only* but it also has the Oodaku (devilfish) ending starting around 2:25 into the trailer.  Enjoy!

Small | Large

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Frankenstein Conquers the World *spoilers* « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.