Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:56:02 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The New G.I. Joe Movie Poll « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you think the new GI Joe movie will be any good?
Yes  It looks awesome! - 5 (16.1%)
No  It looks terrible! - 20 (64.5%)
No opinion - 6 (19.4%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The New G.I. Joe Movie Poll  (Read 6434 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: July 24, 2009, 08:09:27 PM »

Some of you have probably already seen the trailers for the upcoming G.I. Joe movie.

If you haven't, take a moment to check out the latest one:

Small | Large

I put this poll in the Bad Movies section because I think it looks like another Hollywood crapfest.
It looks overdirected, overproduced, overhyped, too slick, and just plain bad.
With the exception of Dennis Quaid and Snake Eyes, the entire cast looks like something straight out of "The Hills" or any other interchangable MTV reality show.

It feels like another example of Hollywood throwing money into a project without sticking to a good solid story.  Another ridiculous "popcorn movie" in the same style as Michael Bay.

Seriously, nothing about this film feels like the G.I. Joe I knew and loved as a kid.

What do you guys think?

« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 01:25:05 PM by Ash » Logged
BUREINPARESU
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 05:17:41 AM »

I kinda sensed bad things when the logo for it lacked the American flag, and I'm not even a G.I. Joe fan.

I'm gonna steer clear of it, just because it's a summer movie and I got enough of that from Transformers 2, doesn't look too interesting anyway.
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 05:34:07 AM »

As a fan of the Larry Hama comics, so far this is hurting my feelings more so than Transformers ever could. It just looks way too slick, and contrived the black suits especially. GI Joe to me was all about the variety of characters, each one had a specialty that made them work together great as a team. To make them appear all as Snake Eyes without the mask is just wrong headed.

On the positive side there are a few good casting calls here, Dennis Quad as General Hawk, Ray Park as Snake Eyes, and Arnold Vosloo as Zartan, but I am afraid whatever good they might add will be overshadowed by a dead-above-the-neck story, and lame direction. I don't know if I can bring myself to see this one.   

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 12:59:35 PM »

Should have made this 20 years ago, fools I say! A curse on all their houses!.  Thumbdown

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 08:01:53 PM »

For me, the only way for this to come close to working is if they broke out all the signature uniforms and went total cheese with it.  A movie about special government ops seems way too generic to me. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 06:00:08 AM »

THIS is GI Joe-

Small | Large

I was a little to old to watch the cartoon or read the comic book-so the movie means zip to me.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 12:08:22 PM »

THIS is GI Joe-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLL67CN2hnw

I was a little to old to watch the cartoon or read the comic book-so the movie means zip to me.

Amen! G.I. Joe died when they shrunk him into an "action figure" and stopped making the 12"-tall version. G.I. Joe is a soldier, a grunt, not a futuristic commando dude.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 05:22:07 PM »

I Always Thought G.I. Joe Was Supposed To Be A Vietnam War Special Forces Soldier

The New Movie Does Not Even Look Remotely Similar!

This HAS To Be The Work Of Michael Bay! Hatred
p1zl3
Dedicated Viewer

Kill'n it...

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 08:07:12 PM »

I'm all over this movie like Keira Knightley's throat on a finger after dinner!!! You all might pooh-pooh this film, but deep down you know it's gonna be good... (*snicker*)

...heck, it can't be worse that Transformers 2, right?

(I'll make sure to report in once I see it)
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 03:55:54 AM »

Thumbdown This is gonna blow!

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 06:36:22 AM »

From the commercials the actors look sort of annoyingly obnoxious.  I dunno, I'll probably read a review or two after it comes out - probably be good for a laugh. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
venomx
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 11:38:26 AM »

Aug 7 ... Todays the day, I hope its good. Thumbup
3mnkids

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 03:12:16 PM »

I think it looks good. Will it be a masterpiece of cinema? not likely. Im going this weekend to see it at the drive in.. double feature, G.I. Joe and Transformers.  TeddyR  I have seen transformers already but will stay and watch it again( I have a 7 yr old that loves it) I just hope by the time both are over I have enough brain cells left to find my way home.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 10:57:00 PM »

Wish I had a drive-thru anywhere near 100 miles of where I live......sigh....

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Jim H

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2009, 02:46:06 AM »

Saw it.  Enjoyed it.  Felt too long though, kind of dragged a bit.  Solid, entertaining film.

7/10
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The New G.I. Joe Movie Poll « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.