Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:55:00 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The New G.I. Joe Movie Poll « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you think the new GI Joe movie will be any good?
Yes  It looks awesome! - 5 (16.1%)
No  It looks terrible! - 20 (64.5%)
No opinion - 6 (19.4%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The New G.I. Joe Movie Poll  (Read 6396 times)
venomx
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2009, 05:32:16 PM »

Just got back, and all I'm saying is ... The Baroness was HOT, Sienna Miller did a great job and I think Channing Tatum did great job with Duke as well. The movie was a little long and very loud at times, but it was a WAR movie sooo ... Also IMO the movie had very little to do with the 80's toons / toys. But thats OK, really ... it still was a great ACTION movie.

BTW- the ending had some nice surprises ... You'll see.  Wink

I give it a  Thumbup
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 05:34:06 PM by venomx » Logged
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2009, 11:09:10 PM »

It won't be considered high art.  For a popcorn movie to just sit back, it was good...
Though, did the unmasked Storm Shadow remind anyone else of a bad Elvis Impersonator? 

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2009, 05:31:13 AM »

I'm going to wait until this comes out on video. I did read the comic but never watched the cartoon. I will laugh if one of them mentions having a kung fu grip however.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
venomx
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2009, 11:52:00 AM »

meQal- "I will laugh if one of them mentions having a kung fu grip however."

BounceGiggle Twirling BounceGiggle
Jim H

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2009, 12:52:41 PM »

Just got back, and all I'm saying is ... The Baroness was HOT, Sienna Miller did a great job and I think Channing Tatum did great job with Duke as well. The movie was a little long and very loud at times, but it was a WAR movie sooo ... Also IMO the movie had very little to do with the 80's toons / toys. But thats OK, really ... it still was a great ACTION movie.

BTW- the ending had some nice surprises ... You'll see.  Wink

I give it a  Thumbup

Looking it up, it appears the storylines and characters are considerably closer to the comic versions than the toon versions.  I watched the show, but not heavily.  Overall, I thought it kept the basic concepts and most of the updates were decent (though the Cobra Commander mask is horrendously bad, and Snake Eye's molded lips were dumb).  It's certainly closer than the Transformers movies.

However, I will say the action scenes really do pretty much seem like the kinds of crap I'd do when playing with GI Joe's.  This includes some disconnects with logic and reality, but it's all in good fun.
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2009, 01:11:09 PM »

Speaking of the character Snake Eyes, I remember that Marvel Comics had an issue of the G.I. Joe comic that was a first in the industry that featured the character. It was the first published comic from a comic company that had no words in it whatsoever. The entire panels of the comic told the story of Snake Eyes infiltrating a COBRA base and fighting that white cladded ninja.
As far as the molded lips on his costume in the film, that does suck as a consept. The character of Snake Eyes in the comic was a guy who was bady scarred and alway hid his face behind a mask. Also he could not speak but was one awsome ninja/special ops sort of guy. Adding lips to his costume in the film sounds about as dumb as adding nipples to the Bat Suit in the Batman movies.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
jimmybob
Bad Movie Lover

Move over, let Jimi take over.

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2009, 01:25:39 PM »

Bullcrap this movie blowed.

-Jimmybob

Jim H

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2009, 01:41:09 PM »

Speaking of the character Snake Eyes, I remember that Marvel Comics had an issue of the G.I. Joe comic that was a first in the industry that featured the character. It was the first published comic from a comic company that had no words in it whatsoever. The entire panels of the comic told the story of Snake Eyes infiltrating a COBRA base and fighting that white cladded ninja.
As far as the molded lips on his costume in the film, that does suck as a consept. The character of Snake Eyes in the comic was a guy who was bady scarred and alway hid his face behind a mask. Also he could not speak but was one awsome ninja/special ops sort of guy. Adding lips to his costume in the film sounds about as dumb as adding nipples to the Bat Suit in the Batman movies.

I will say Snake Eyes NEVER speaks in the film.  You also never see his face (except in a flashback as a child).  Just to make that clear.
venomx
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 12:33:37 AM »

"G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" overcame bad buzz and scathing reviews to win the weekend with $56.2 million, among the best August openings in history for a non-sequel.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/09/boxoffice.ew/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2009, 01:45:32 PM »

I saw it today.  Sure, the plot and dialogue are thin, and sure some of the CGI looks a bit unfinished (particularly some of the scenes in the desert), but this is an action-packed, escapist, summer, popcorn piece of entertainment.  I enjoyed it and wouldn't mind seeing it again.  I didn't even mind Dennis Quaid hamming it up . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Caronte
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2009, 01:54:18 PM »

The scene in Paris is absolutely amazing!!

and yeah, sienna miller and rachel nichols are REALLY hot

Teksun
New Visitor

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 10:54:18 AM »

I think it was a fun movie. Popcorn all the way.

They could have deleted half of Ripcords line and I would have been happy :p
Torgo

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2009, 01:06:08 AM »

I thought it was fun in a big dumb popcorn flick kind of way. I was surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2009, 10:36:56 AM »

I thought it was fun in a big dumb popcorn flick kind of way. I was surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did.

My thoughts eactly.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
BTM

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2009, 02:36:20 AM »

Like a lot of the others, I thought it was good in a popcorn way, nothing too deep about it.  I DIDN'T like the revelation about Duke and the Baroness though, that was just DUUUHHHHMB.  Way to big of a coincidence to swallow.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The New G.I. Joe Movie Poll « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.