Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:49:45 AM
714260 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7737 Members
Latest Member: NannieHime
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Your little known favorites. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Your little known favorites.  (Read 14291 times)
SPazzo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My kinda toy...

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 09:47:28 PM »

For me it's The Game (AKA The Cold).  It's not talked about very much, even though it IS included in the Mill Creek Chilling Classics 50 Movie Pack.  I really enjoyed it; the cheesy characters, the clichés, the vague ending.  It's perfect.  TongueOut
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 10:07:28 PM »

At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul.  I believe it's the first movie in the Brazilian-made Coffin Joe series.  Really quite good, especially for its time (1964). 

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 11:30:17 AM »

At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul.  I believe it's the first movie in the Brazilian-made Coffin Joe series.  Really quite good, especially for its time (1964). 

Yes that is a good series, and really like the depiction of Hell in the 2nd one Tonight I'll Possess Your Corpse. Literally it is "hell frozen over". There is a really good chapter on Jose Marins in Pete Tombs Mondo Macabro from 1995, a book I highly recommend that explores weird cinema around the world. It is also where I first learned about the infamous Dünyayı Kurtaran Adam AKA Turkish Star Wars.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 12:54:25 PM »

Yes that is a good series, and really like the depiction of Hell in the 2nd one Tonight I'll Possess Your Corpse. Literally it is "hell frozen over". There is a really good chapter on Jose Marins in Pete Tombs Mondo Macabro from 1995, a book I highly recommend that explores weird cinema around the world. It is also where I first learned about the infamous Dünyayı Kurtaran Adam AKA Turkish Star Wars.

I second the "Mondo Macabro" recommendation.  Quite an influential book, as when it came out not many people were into Mexican wrestler movies or the Marins movies, and now they are quite easy to find and have cult followings.  Pete Tombs, the writer, also started his own distribution company to release rare films like GIRL SLAVES OF MORGANA LE FAY and FOR YOUR HEIGHT ONLY. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 05:41:59 PM »

Good movies:

The Shooting (1967): B-movie western starring Millie Perkins, Jack Nicholson, Warren Oates and Will Hutchins. A mysterious woman hires two men to accompany her across the desert. As we watch, we see them being tracked by a black-clad gunslinger who seems determined to kill them all. Good, suspenseful B-movie western.

The Man with the Golden Arm (1955): Just getting released from a six month drug rehabilitation program and having served his time for dealing cards in illegal games, Frankie Machine (Frank Sinatra) has high hopes for going clean and finding a new life as a drummer. However upon his return to his old crime-ridden Chicago neighborhood, he soon finds the pressure mounting from those around him, including his wheelchair-ridden wife Zosch (Eleanor Parker), to return to the old money-making “Dealer” lifestyle that first got him started on the path of self-destruction that is being an heroin addict.

The Undead (1957): a whimsical delight. (some might well place this in the Bad Movies section, it certainly has B-movie qualities but I consider it quite, quite good.)

Dark Journey (1937): dreamy unusual film noir set during World War I starring Conrad Veidt and Vivian Leigh.

Bad Movies:

To Kill With Intrigue (1977): A fun kung-fu film starring Jackie Chan (speaking of Chan, I also really liked his first two Police Story films as well) with many bizarre supernatural elements thrown in albeit perhaps a bit confusing. I suspect it may be better in its original language.

The Shaolin Invincibles (1977): Two young girls rescued by a Shaolin monk and trained in the art of Shaolin fighting seek vengeance upon an evil King who ordered the death of their families...however the King has some nasty tricks up his sleeve including some Kung fu "gorillas" (guys in ratty ape suits) and their bizarre long-tongued trainers at one point. This one is a must for B-movie fans. Trust me.

The Angry Red Planet (1959): just for all its monstrosities.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
JesusFightsNaked
New Visitor

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010, 11:16:37 PM »

For me it's The Game (AKA The Cold).  It's not talked about very much, even though it IS included in the Mill Creek Chilling Classics 50 Movie Pack.  I really enjoyed it; the cheesy characters, the clichés, the vague ending.  It's perfect.

The Bill Rebane flick?  Smile

One movie that I love is Messiah of Evil (aka "Dead People").  Actually I think it's in the public domain and you can download it for free.  Or "Silent Night, Bloody Night".
claws
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 12:02:06 AM »

One movie that I love is Messiah of Evil (aka "Dead People").  Actually I think it's in the public domain and you can download it for free. 

Real fans would recommend the awesome Code Red DVD  Wink

Beautifully remastered and restored with a clean 2.35:1 anamorphic print and audio commentary.
That's the only way to view this great film in my opinion.
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 12:11:37 AM »

I have the Code Red DVD of Messiah of Evil it is awesome, definitely one of my favorite films. The weird New England atmosphere gives it an almost HP Lovecraft feel, and the infamous super market and movie theater scenes are great. I also love the house with its unique murals and suspended bed.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
JesusFightsNaked
New Visitor

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2010, 11:40:26 AM »

I didn't even know Code Red released it.  I guess I've been out of the loop for a while.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2010, 02:53:44 PM »

I didn't even know Code Red released it.  I guess I've been out of the loop for a while.

Code Red also released (or will soon be releasing) an updated and somewhat nicely remastered version of Beyond The Door that looked pretty good from the clip I saw.  That was a nasty movie..

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2010, 09:02:52 PM »

I don't know if it's little known or not, but one of my favorite film noire's is "The asphalt jungle" starring sterling hayden.
Great caper flick.  It's well known, and includes the great LOUIS CALHERN, and SAM JAFFE, later on TV, "Dr. Zorba..." but that's before my time.  Wink Smile

One movie that I love is Messiah of Evil (aka "Dead People").  Actually I think it's in the public domain and you can download it for free.
Real fans would recommend the awesome Code Red DVD  Wink

Beautifully remastered and restored with a clean 2.35:1 anamorphic print and audio commentary.
Are you kidding me?  MESSIAH OF EVIL?  Are you kidding me?  Also known as DEAD PEOPLE!  I saw this in a drive-in double horror bill 30 years ago... and own a cheapo 50 Horror movie pack of DVDs mainly because this film was on there.  This film is not well regarded at this website, and apparently not well thought of pretty much anywhere.  But, I too, see the sneaky kind of greatness in MESSIAH OF EVIL...  I really love that movie...
Small | Large

Small | Large
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 10:15:24 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 10:18:02 AM »

One movie that I love is Messiah of Evil (aka "Dead People").  Actually I think it's in the public domain and you can download it for free.
Real fans would recommend the awesome Code Red DVD  Wink

Are you kidding me?  MESSIAH OF EVIL?  Are you kidding me?  Also known as DEAD PEOPLE!  I saw this in a drive-in double horror bill 30 years ago... and own a cheapo 50 Horror movie pack of DVDs mainly because this film was on there.  This film is not well regarded at this website, and apparently not well thought of pretty much anywhere.  But, I too, see the sneaky kind of greatness in MESSIAH OF EVIL...  I really love that movie...

I remember MESSIAH OF EVIL as a dull movie overall with a great scene or two.  The supermarket scene has really stuck with me over the years.  Maybe I should give it another chance.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
voltron

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2010, 10:07:40 PM »

Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup
GODf**kINGDAMMNIT I LOVE THAT ONE!!!!!! Got it from Code Red (AWESOME). Saw it years ago and it really stuck in my head. Seemed impossible to find outside of a VHS copy, but Code Red released it a couple years back, gawd bless 'em. Now I'm practically peeing myself waiting for Rituals (1977) to come out (November, i think?) - then all will be right wih the world.  TeddyR

Small | Large

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Your little known favorites. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.