Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:38:54 PM
713362 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ben & Jerry's ice cream, do you have a favorite? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Ben & Jerry's ice cream, do you have a favorite?  (Read 7334 times)
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 12:14:05 PM »

Actually, I just had my first bad experience with Ben & Jerry's.  A few days ago, my wife bought a container of Cherry Garcia.  When we opened it, the ice cream had freezer burn all the way to the bottom of the container.  We checked the expiration date and it still had a long life ahead of it.  We ended up throwing it away rather than bringing it back to the supermarket.  I'm sure if I contacted Ben & Jerry's they'd at least send me a coupon for a replacement.

Perhaps it got thawed/re-frozen, that makes ice cream all weird. I'd try and contact them see if you can't get some help.

On a vaguely related note, I had a friend in gradeschool that would write to all kinds of companies with a BS sob story in order to get things sent to him for free. He's say he got a box of pancake mix with bugs in it, and they'd send him a couple of free boxes a coupon for free syrup. He'd write to one that he bought a box of pop-tarts and it only had 4 in it instead of 6, and he'd get a couple of free boxes, and some samples of new flavors. I was surprised at how much stuff he got, just by making up a good sob story and asking.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 04:23:07 PM »

I've had experiences where I've bought something and it was messed up.
For example:  I bought a 24 pack can of Slim Jims and 5 of them hadn't been packaged right.  They were open and had become rock hard due to being exposed to air.
I called the company and they sent me a coupon for any size Slim Jim pack.
Naturally, I bought the biggest one they offered.  A huge box with something like 36 Slim Jims in it.

A friend of mine bought a box of "Chicken In a Biscuit" crackers and he pulled out a line of 5-6 of them that had a foot long length of industrial twine baked into them.
They sent him a coupon.

I've also bought a 6 pack of bottled Icehouse beer, pulled the first one out and it had about 2 fingers worth of beer in it.  Same thing happened with a 12 pack of the same brand.  Three of the bottles had 2-3 fingers worth of beer and one didn't have any in it at all.  I can't believe I used to drink that s**t.  Icehouse makes me cringe whenever I think about drinking it.

By the way, I finally got a pint of Ben & Jerry's Americone Dream.
It was pretty good!
Had a little more waffle cone in it than I like, but it was very good.  Thumbup

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 04:37:45 PM »

I had a friend in gradeschool that would write to all kinds of companies with a BS sob story in order to get things sent to him for free. He's say he got a box of pancake mix with bugs in it, and they'd send him a couple of free boxes a coupon for free syrup. He'd write to one that he bought a box of pop-tarts and it only had 4 in it instead of 6, and he'd get a couple of free boxes, and some samples of new flavors. I was surprised at how much stuff he got, just by making up a good sob story and asking.

One of my co-workers couldn't even get a replacement for a REAL problem!  She bought a CD at Best Buy and when she got home and opened it, there was no CD in the jewel case.  She brought the empty case to Best Buy and told Customer Service it was empty when she bought it.  They told her, "that's impossible" and wouldn't give her a refund or a replacement CD.  She got NOTHING!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 04:41:39 PM »

I've had experiences where I've bought something and it was messed up.
For example:  I bought a 24 pack can of Slim Jims and 5 of them hadn't been packaged right.  They were open and had become rock hard due to being exposed to air.

I was working at a client's office a couple year ago.  The client is about a 2 1/2 hour drive from my house, and I was getting ready to go home on a Friday afternoon.  I figured I'd work through lunch and try to get on the road no later than 3:00 p.m.  So, I grabbed a Slim Jim out of a vending machine instead of going out to buy lunch.  I bit into it and it just sort of crumbled and fell apart, like biting into a piece of chalk.  I looked at the wrapper and it was almost a year past the expiration date.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 04:56:51 PM »

I looked at the wrapper and it was almost a year past the expiration date.

They have an expiration date? I'm kinda surprised.

As for the CD, What I've done and has worked, and I did it with a movie, a game, and a CD at different times: Write to the manufacturer, and even send them a picture/copy of the box and the receipt. It actually work BETTER if you've bought it from Best Buy, because then they believe you when you say they won't exchange it or refund your money.
Also, and I know this is unethical, but if you get one where the disc is THERE, but won't work, you'll have MUCH better luck if you tell them it wasn't there at all. If you say it won't work, they may try and blame your hardware. I know this because a friend told me, all three of my issues were a missing disc.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ben & Jerry's ice cream, do you have a favorite? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.