Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:19:24 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Nerdy Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Nerdy Thread  (Read 11071 times)
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 07:57:35 PM »

I gave one of my daughter's a Klingon middle name and have a tattoo of the Klingon Empire emblem. Also I own a batlh'letlh. When my youngest daughter was a baby I made her a mobile over her crib with Star Wars ships and played the theme music to Star Trek: Deep Space Nine to get her to go to sleep. Later I got her hooked on Star Wars so I could justify buying the toys.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2009, 08:34:09 PM »

I own an extensive collection of manga comics, including titles such as this:

I also pride myself owning both Cardcaptor Sakura movies that now not being made.  I've also named one of my cats after one of the characters in the movies.

In reality, I haven't done too many things that can be considered nerdy.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 09:42:23 PM by InformationGeek » Logged

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 09:31:06 PM »

Bought plenty of comics, sci-fi movies, scince and science fiction books and even worked on some Jurassic Park models.

My crown achievement in nerdyness had to be this one year in high school where they allowed students to come in costume in celebration of Halloween. (This was a Catholic High School and years before any of the problems many high school are currently happening.)  I made this cheap as heck Kyle Rayner Green Lantern costume.  A photo of me in it and another friend who dressed as Superman made it into the year book.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 11:36:25 PM »

A long time ago, I was in what I think was a Kay Bee toy store in Somerville, NJ, the kind you might remember if you are over 35.  Hobby shops that might still be around are a shadow of what such stores once were.  I was a novice toy collector, though of age, but would walk thru the store regularly to look at the toys, which I mostly remember disdaining (though I bought gruesome sh!t like My Pet Monster, a ?Bogglin"? in a cardboard crate, Barbies, almost always as gifts, though I know I have a MUM-RA figure around here somewhere, whatever that is, but I thought he was just so cool).  I also bought a WAYNE GRETZKY figure which was kind of like a cross between a Ken doll and a G.I. Joe (which I later sold) there was a tower of them, probably 30 or 40.   Lookingup  The nerdiest part?  The one I bought was like 2 or 3 dollars, and I sold it for way so much more than that (it was in its box, but I mean it was a lot at ebay auction) 
BounceGiggle  I've always wished I'd bought 10 or more of 'em...  Lookingup BounceGiggle 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 11:50:26 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2009, 04:12:33 AM »

Gee-I collect old Famous Monster mags-and old monster mags n general-and Creepy and Eerie and Vampirella-and old comics like Sgt.Fury,Where Monsters Dwell,Kid Colt,those real cheezy mags like Tales of Voodo and Witches Tales. I have over 200-I'm sure.

Oh-and I wear an old fishing hat-and this pin is on it-

I've never been to the Ackermansion-but wear the pin proudly none the less.  Thumbup
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 04:35:30 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 07:31:25 AM »

I've never been to the Ackermansion-but wear the pin proudly none the less.  Thumbup

OH OH OH!  You lucky dog!

(OK is that nerdy?)

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 07:37:15 AM »

OH OH OH!  You lucky dog!

(OK is that nerdy?)

Yes-it is! TeddyR But I paid 22 dollars for it on ebay-thats nerdy!!!

I like that Weird Al did this-I always knew he was a nerd! Good for him!
Small | Large

It's been disabled! By who's request? GOD? Jesus? Allah? Motherf**ker!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 07:51:47 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2009, 07:53:19 AM »

I play Dungeons and Dragons every chance I get, and even spend free-time reading the books and plotting new characters. 

I've said "Klaatu Barada Nikto" in everyday conversation. 

I've studied thermodynamic science to become a better cook. 

I keep up to date on the latest developments in the field of paleontology.

I went as "White and Nerdy" for Halloween after that song came out.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2009, 08:27:33 AM »

OK-time to fess up-I have old 1960's Mister Potato Head and Mister Pepper Head toys sitting on top of my china cabienet. And a Charlie McCarthy ventriloquist dummy. ( I won't) call it a doll-for the sake of my masculinity! I read Heinlan,Lovecraft,and think UFO's are real.I wear factory (aka Dickies)pants  every day-even when I'm not at work. My perscription glasses are tinted green. I'm 47-and my hair reaches to my shoulders. I have a Joey Ramone,Bela as Dracula,and Bela as Bela the Gypsy (from the WOLFMAN-thanks Trek Geezer!) figures.I display my Chandu the Magician Big Little Book,right next to a bubble gum card from the 6o's of Bela as a manimal in Island of Lost Souls.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 08:34:03 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2009, 08:39:53 AM »

I have a Thundercats tattoo and I can name the year, producer, engineer and studio for almost every 80's rock record made.

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2009, 09:29:57 AM »

If you know what this is, you're a nerd..

I know what it is...

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2009, 09:55:29 AM »

I have a print copy of the Klingon translation of Hamlet. I play a game with my kids which is like Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon but you trace everything in entertainment back to Star Trek instead(and it can be done without using rhymes and can be used to trace other things as well back to it.) I use to own a car with a personalized plate that said "Klingon". I waited in line for the Death of Superman comic when it came out and had a copy of The Incredible Hulk #180 (a true nerd will know what that one was about). I have a full Klingon outfit which I have worn on several occasions. I use to program in machine language when I was a kid. I owned a Tandy computer when I was a kid. I played the Tuba in junior high. I keep spare computer parts on hand.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2009, 09:58:34 AM »

I have a print copy of the Klingon translation of Hamlet. I play a game with my kids which is like Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon but you trace everything in entertainment back to Star Trek instead(and it can be done without using rhymes and can be used to trace other things as well back to it.) I use to own a car with a personalized plate that said "Klingon". I waited in line for the Death of Superman comic when it came out and had a copy of The Incredible Hulk #180 (a true nerd will know what that one was about). I have a full Klingon outfit which I have worn on several occasions. I use to program in machine language when I was a kid. I owned a Tandy computer when I was a kid. I played the Tuba in junior high. I keep spare computer parts on hand.

You sir-are a true nerd. I bow to His Royal Nerdness.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2009, 10:02:59 AM »

You sir-are a true nerd. I bow to His Royal Nerdness.
Odd part is until my 30's it would of been hard to tell I am one. I looked more like Ogre than Gilbert. Now I look more like Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons with glasses mixed with Larry the Cable Guy.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2009, 10:08:56 AM »

If you know what this is, you're a nerd..

I know what it is...

That is true nerdiness.  Well beyond D&D.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Nerdy Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.