Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:46:38 AM
714307 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Wrong Numbers « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wrong Numbers  (Read 4804 times)
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« on: August 01, 2009, 10:31:13 AM »

It happens to everyone at some point, you dial the wrong number trying to call someone on the telephone. But how many times do you keep getting calls from the same wrong number? Usually it's no more than twice unless the caller is drunk. However there are exceptions.
For the past two years, I keep getting calls from this old woman trying to get in touch with either her son or grandson. Almost every week she calls looking for Charles and everytime I have to tell her I'm not him. It's got to the point that I know it's her when it comes up on my caller ID and even call her by name when telling her it's ok when she apologizes for dialing the wrong number.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 10:36:09 AM »

2 weeks ago I got a call from another country !!

I don't know who or what it was because I didn't pick the phone up in time.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 10:43:16 AM by doggett » Logged

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Wortcov
Bad Movie Lover

the High Inquisitor of bath and wells

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 10:45:39 AM »

I get theses calls on my mobilephone some times from someone on the other side of Sweden. but I have never manage to be at my phone when it happens, and I'm to afraid to call back, so I don't know who it is.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 10:47:51 AM »

our number is almost the same as one of the local banks.  occasionaly we'll get some irate person calling about their statement or something. luckily we can tell them they have the wrong number the person at the bank isn't so lucky
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 10:54:34 AM »

My phone number has the same digit for the last 4, so I get more than my share of drunks calling for a cab. It's common for cab companies to have the same digit for the last 4 (xxx-1111, xxx-2222), seems easier to remember when a person is drunk.

Once I got a guy asking me if I had any weed for sale. We got into an argument, so I told him to meet me downtown and if he could kick my ass, he'd get the weed for free. I gave him a BS name and told him to go to a specific location and yell out my name so I know who he was. I then called the cops and told them what happened, and asked them to go to where I said and look for the guy. They wouldn't do it, but I never got a call again.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 05:09:15 AM »

I knew this one girl who got a call one day from an apologetic guy looking for some other girl he had just broken up with.   She told him he had the wrong number and the guy asked who she was.  She gave him her name and he ended up calling daily her to say he was sorry and to take him back.  All that ended when her stepfather threatened to throw the guy out a window one day.  

I had one chick call my cell phone and start yelling at me once about dissing her.  Being the prick I can be once and awhile, I played the role of the person she thought she had and dropped a few f-bombs on her before hanging up.  It was fun.  

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 11:07:16 AM »

I still think Danny DeVito showed the best reply to a wrong number ever in "Ruthless People" (I think that's the movie).

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 09:14:32 AM »

In South Africa, there is this new thing about calling people but not permitting your number to be seen. I have lost count of the number of No Number or Private Number calls I have received and rejected, not to mention the idiot who called my office the one time.

Trevor: "National Film Archives, good morning."
Caller: "Errr....hello, errr....what?"
Trevor: "National Film Archives, good morning."
Caller: "Errr....sorry, what place is that?"
Trevor: "The National Film Archives, Pretoria, South Africa, Planet Earth."
Caller: "Sorry....where am I now?"
Trevor: "I don't know, where do you want to be?"

TongueOut

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 09:20:48 AM »

I don't think this was a wrong number, but it was pretty interesting.  When I was 13, I went with my parents to this Denny's one time.  As we entering, a pay phone started ringing for no reason.  Out of curiosity, I answered it and I heard a bunch of weird people laughing at me.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 11:01:25 AM »

I kept having this one woman calling my home asking to speak to her boyfriend over and over again. She even got nasty insisting he was here. So a friend of mine answered the next time she called with an effeminate voice and told her that her boyfriend was his gay lover. She stopped calling back but I'm sure that poor man caught all sorts of problems because of that.
One night two kids decided they would prank call me at random so I answered the phone claiming to be the Sheriff department. They paniced when I called back and talked to their mom using the caller ID.
Funniest however has to be when my eldest daughter rolled onto her cell phone and hit speed dial for my number when she was with her girlfriend making out. She freaked out when she heard me talking on the phone telling her to either hang up or stop making out because I didn't need her to call to let me listen in on that.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 11:38:56 PM »

Funny that you mentioned wrong numbers...

I will sometimes answer my phone by saying, "Speak", "What?" or "Hola!"
I got a call a few weeks ago and answered by saying, "Hola!"
Some guy started talking to me in Spanish.
Since I had no idea who he was or what he was saying, I said, "Sorry.  No-a speaka Spanish".
Then he switched to English and was going on about taking my car up to Waterloo, Iowa. (50+ miles from where I live)
After talking to him for a minute, I learned that he was a tow truck driver and had the wrong number.

What are the odds of that?
Answering my phone with a Spanish greeting and there's a hispanic guy on the other end.   TeddyR

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 09:01:05 AM »

I rarely answer the phone and if it's a number/caller I do not know I never answer, talk to the machine.

Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 10:06:11 AM »

I have a pathological hatred of telephones.  I carry a cell phone only under protest, and reserve its use almost solely for emergencies (I grudgingly admit that at school it was useful for getting in touch with people who weren't on an Instant Messenger service, and for ordering pizza or Chinese).  My mother always comments on how freakishly low my cell phone bill is. 

My girlfriend has the same pathological hatred of telephones, so we never call each other. 

99% of the phone calls I receive are either wrong numbers or telemarketers.  Can't think of any particularly entertaining ones...well, there is one.

Some guy called me, asking for Allison.  I told him he had the wrong number.

He hung up, and then immediately called me back, asking for Allison.  Again, I told him he had the wrong number. 

He hung up, and called a third time, and again asked for Allison.  I told him Allison couldn't come to the phone because her mouth was full, and then hung up and turned off my phone. 

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Wrong Numbers « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.