Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:10:46 PM
714242 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Twisted Metal series « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Twisted Metal series  (Read 4429 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« on: August 04, 2009, 04:31:28 PM »

Okay, who remembers Twisted Metal? My favorite is TM4, mainly because of level 2's music: Cirrus- Times Running Out. TeddyR

yeah no.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 04:34:47 PM »

The only one I played religiously was Twisted Metal 2.
It became a daily ritual to get off work, go over to my friend Jill's house with a buddy, smoke pot, and play TM2 for hours until she'd kick us out.

I wish they'd make a new one for the Xbox 360.
I'd buy it!   Smile
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 04:37:21 PM »

I loved these games back in the early days of the Playstation. First played TS, as my brother had the first one, then I bought Twisted Metal 2. My favourite character was Sweet Tooth (surprise, surprise  Lookingup), but all the characters were really cool in their own way.

I thought TS Black, was a really great addition to the series and I don't get most of the negative reviews it got.  Question

I wish they'd put a new game out (especially compatable with PS2).  Smile

WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 04:58:47 PM »

I had Twisted Metal: Black.

If you had a Twisted Metal Black save on one memory card-and a War of the Monsters on the same card.  You could unlock a special outfit for the rock monster and play as the Sweet Tooth Mech.

There are rumors a new one is in pre-production for the PS3, but so far I haven't heard much about it.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Jim H

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 05:53:24 PM »

Twisted Metal 2 will forever be my favorite.  Awesome characters, great style, great endings, great multiplayer. 

Black is also good, but I like the cartoony style of 2 better, and there's one major mechanical change I don't like: they VASTLY reduced ramming damage in Black.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 08:04:30 PM »

Twisted Metal 2 is as close to a perfect game as you can get.  Great characters, awesome plot line, and unbelievable gameplay.   It also has the most b*tchin' ending I've ever seen to a game for one of it's characters...

Small | Large

I briefly got into the following sequels but found they just couldn't capture that TM2 magic.  TM3 had an awesome soundtrack though...I used it frequently in my college radio show.   This one f'n rocks...

Small | Large

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 05:38:19 AM »

I thought the first game had great endings too. I mean, they used to go to alot of effort in the early days of the PS. I don't think that you see anything like the following in games today:

Small | Large

clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 02:30:52 PM »

I love Twisted Metal 2! It's all about Shadow for me, although I could tear it up with Mr. Slam and Axel too. I made it a point to beat the game with every character -Grasshopper was the hardest to win with. I remember there were only the two bosses but man, Minion was a bastard! Darktooth was no picnic either. Loved the levels on this one: Moscow bowl level, New York, and especially Antarctica.

I got Twisted 3 when it first came out and the change in design was readily apparent. The levels were weaker in design and the physics totally changed. If you got knocked over, be prepared to sit on your back for a few extra seconds (compared to Twisted 2). Never beat this one but my gf at the time did. The levels seemed lacking too.

Twisted 4 was a much needed improvement but still seemed lackluster in the gameplay department - I always liked Orbital though. I beat the tar out of this one with most of the characters too. The first four levels were pretty cool but the Amazon level and Minion's Maze were a bit boring.

Twisted Metal Black was pretty cool but I never owned it myself - played it a lot a friend's place and loved it.

I recently bought Twisted Metal Head On to play on the Sony 2 -it's got an option to play a few new Twisted Black levels but the core game itself is basically an upgrade of Twisted 2, keeping with the old physics and gameplay. i have yet to get very far into this one so I haven't seen all the bosses. So far I've only fought Cousin Eddy. I must say I like the levels on this one: Transylvania, Egypt, Paris (again but it's cooler), and Russia.

I look forward to more sequels.

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
Jim H

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 12:25:30 PM »

I thought the first game had great endings too. I mean, they used to go to alot of effort in the early days of the PS. I don't think that you see anything like the following in games today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKWLq1OQ3tI

Just an FYI, those aren't the endings you get on the actual game.  You just got a text scroll and a picture of the Calypso from these videos.  Kind of a shame, as the text scroll (which accurately described the filmed endings) was kind of dull.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 12:29:40 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKWLq1OQ3tI

Just an FYI, those aren't the endings you get on the actual game.  You just got a text scroll and a picture of the Calypso from these videos.  Kind of a shame, as the text scroll (which accurately described the filmed endings) was kind of dull.

They are. They were omitted from some European versions, but you could access them with a cartridge code.  Smile

Jim H

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 04:10:02 PM »

Not on the American version at all, as far as I know.  In fact, Twisted Metal: Head On refers to the endings as unreleased.

Anyway, I beat the game with several characters and just got the text scroll.   Do you mean Gameshark type codes?  Can you tell me what they are?  I googled and couldn't find them.  I'd like to try to see if they're on the US disc or not, but I don't think they're on it at all.

It wouldn't be the only time something like that happened - the European version of Twisted Metal Black has the FMV removed.  Which is ultra lame.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/366924/44933

That has the text (word for word) for the textual endings I got when beating the game.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Twisted Metal series « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.