Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:05:20 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK and other COOL '70s TV NOSTALGIA « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK and other COOL '70s TV NOSTALGIA  (Read 20123 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: August 05, 2009, 09:08:25 PM »

My longtime pal sent me a youtube link (my youtube of this day) which inspired this thread, as well as the oppontunity to express the other side of the coin of RCMerchant's "The Hudson Bros. Razzle Dazzle Show...and other crap!" thread.  I remember "Schoolhouse Rock" very fondly, though at the time I was at the age where anything with "school" in the title was suspect.   Wink  Who remembers great 1970s TV?

These were never condescending or too dumbed down, though always fun, with terrific songs: 

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 09:19:55 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 02:35:13 AM »

Don't forget Interjections!

Small | Large

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 07:26:27 AM »

Just an interesting bit of trivia. The piano player in Riker's holodeck jazz combo is none other than Jack Sheldon, the voice of Bill, the engineer, Albert Andreas Armadillo and others.
Small | Large

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 08:41:17 AM »

I love the Schoolhouse Rock shorts. I bought the VHS of the collection when it came out, and I now also own the DVD version (in fact, I may own two of them; I think my wife bought another set to use at her school).

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 11:36:02 PM »

Oh yes, one of the greatest.   Thumbup  "They're generally set apart from a sentence by an exclamation point or by a comma if the feeling is not as strong... "

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 10:53:54 PM »

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 05:55:11 AM »

I wish that someone would revise these for kids today. I learned a lot from them when I was a kid that helped me in subjects like English grammar years later. I wish my kids had an updated version of Schoolhouse Rock when they were into Saturday Morning cartoons then maybe they might preform better in school.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 06:24:12 AM »

This bone hawk interuppted Jack Palance as Dracula-i was really enjoying ol' Jack hamming it up when Tricky Dick threw in the towel-

Small | Large

I also remeber watching Scooby Doo- and this came on-

Small | Large

I remeber this too-

Small | Large

and this-

Small | Large

I grew of age in the 70's. Lotsa folks tthink of Disco,smoking pot-the news on tv only reflected the horror that I experianced on a daily basis. I like 70's pop culture- but in reality-my childhood was a f3cking nightmare at times. Famous Monsters mag and walking in the woods saved me from killing myself.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 09:20:46 PM »

...I grew of age in the 70's. Lotsa folks tthink of Disco,smoking pot-the news on tv only reflected the horror that I experianced on a daily basis. I like 70's pop culture- but in reality-my childhood was a f3cking nightmare at times. Famous Monsters mag and walking in the woods saved me from killing myself.
We're soul brothers; like I've said before, I now have much nostalgia for the 70s, but could not wait to get out of them then.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 11:21:53 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 11:53:30 AM »

I had all but forgotten about "Creepy" magazine until you posted those pics. I remember reading those and "Eerie" when I was a kid. My brother would buy them and I would sneak them out of his room to read. It wasn't until later that I started sneaking out his other magazines (i.e. Playboy, Hustler, Penthouse).

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 12:12:34 PM »

They also get bizarre: 
Small | Large

Love it. 

venomx
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 12:43:10 PM »

OMG those Creepy magazines and that Frankenstein figure are the coolist things I ever seen! Thumbup
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 08:17:02 PM »

OMG those Creepy magazines and that Frankenstein figure are the coolist things I ever seen! Thumbup
Okey dokey... 

If you like looking at these '70s era Monster toys, you'd like this website:
http://www.plaidstallions.com/racktoys/azrakmonsters.html
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 08:30:45 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

venomx
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 09:57:54 PM »

Gezz ... I wish I was rich, I would order stuff like that off ebay everyday. I'm almost 36, so I had lots of 70's 80's toys in my time. What sucks is I never kept my toys, I gave some to my cousins and some just disappeared.

You just never see Dracula or Wolfman toys now days, why is that? Even the cartoons had Dracula Wolfman and Frankenstein. The live shows the same - The Hilarious House of Frightenstein and so on.

This is why I like Halloween so much, funny thing though I get in trouble when my wife and I go in a halloween store, I want so many things, gags, and junk it's not even funny. She says "do you really need that?" lol

Allhallowsday, That is one awesome post!!! Really good stuff!!! Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 09:59:26 PM by venomx » Logged
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 11:36:15 PM »

Small | Large

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK and other COOL '70s TV NOSTALGIA « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.