Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:10:33 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Trying To Not Loose A Leg « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Trying To Not Loose A Leg  (Read 19626 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2009, 12:28:37 PM »

Toenail yanked out. Infection gone. Bandaged and taking it easy back at work.  Thumbup

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2009, 12:51:12 PM »

Great news from both of you!  Cheers 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2009, 09:00:28 AM »

Toenail yanked out. Infection gone. Bandaged and taking it easy back at work.  Thumbup

Actually scrap that. I have just had to redress my bandage myself as it was smelling really bad. (I am supposed to be getting a dressing done by the nurse tomorrow) I took it all off and looked at my toe. It was black. It smelt horrific and is now really hurting after I wiped it. I've put some more dressing on, but I'm really freaking out about it now.  Bluesad

Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2009, 01:22:46 PM »

Actually scrap that. I have just had to redress my bandage myself as it was smelling really bad. (I am supposed to be getting a dressing done by the nurse tomorrow) I took it all off and looked at my toe. It was black. It smelt horrific and is now really hurting after I wiped it. I've put some more dressing on, but I'm really freaking out about it now.  Bluesad
Holy crap. Tell that to a doctor. Sounds like you need something for your toe.
Paquita

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2009, 03:20:49 PM »

Yikes! Is this the same foot that had the run-in with the spider in the shower?  Yeah - call the doctor!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2009, 06:18:26 PM »

Dude, get to the doctor immediately!

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2009, 03:42:01 AM »

Just been guys.  Bluesad

They said it was infected badly round the edges of the toe, so they've cleaned it up and put more iodine on with a new dressing. The nurse rang the pharmacy straight away to order more antibiotics and told me to go home and rest it properly for at least a week. I'm back on my codine painkillers (It's excruciating at the moment) and currently "relaxing" on the sofa.

The sucky thing is, I need to get out to get more tablets, pay the rent and get some food. Kinda screwed there.

meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2009, 05:10:09 AM »

Circus, ouch! You are the second person I know of who had a bad infection in their toenails in the past couple of months that just won't go away. A friend of mine on another site jsut got home from having two of his toes removed because of one. Let's hope it doesn't get that bad.

And speaking of going back on antibiotics, I will be sometime today I suspect. Not the leg this time however. Due to a kidney disease I have, I am subject to get unrinary tract infections and yep, got one. Been running a fever and feel like someone has kicked me in the groin, yet it's not as bad as the staph MRCA I had in August.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2009, 06:42:23 AM »

Circus - good to hear you got that taken care of!  Those infections can be bad news.  Looks like you'll just have to kick back and watch some bad movies for a while  TeddyR

MeQal - man, if it isn't one thing, it's another, eh?  Hopefully they get you taken care of with some antibiotics.  Time for you to rest up and take it easy too  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2009, 12:50:49 PM »

I am subject to get unrinary tract infections and yep, got one. Been running a fever and feel like someone has kicked me in the groin, yet it's not as bad as the staph MRCA I had in August.

I had a chronic prostate infection back in the 80s on and off for about two years. Finally went to a new doctor and had kidney xrays and a cistiscope, ouch! Not really they gave me the happy juice and didn't care.   Anyway ended up taking Bactrim (a sulfa drug) for like three months.

By the way I've  never mentioned that my ortho doc released me back in September from my shoulder surgery.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Cthulhu

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2009, 02:15:35 PM »

Just been guys.  Bluesad

They said it was infected badly round the edges of the toe, so they've cleaned it up and put more iodine on with a new dressing. The nurse rang the pharmacy straight away to order more antibiotics and told me to go home and rest it properly for at least a week. I'm back on my codine painkillers (It's excruciating at the moment) and currently "relaxing" on the sofa.

The sucky thing is, I need to get out to get more tablets, pay the rent and get some food. Kinda screwed there.
Ask someone to get you some food and pills.

That really is the best idea that I have. Lookingup
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2009, 02:18:22 PM »

Just been guys.  Bluesad

Ask someone to get you some food and pills.

That really is the best idea that I have. Lookingup

I had to get a taxi round to a few places, as I don't have anyone to do that for me. I got some shopping delivered, so I'm alright for now.

BTM

« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2009, 03:25:01 PM »

Hey all. The last few days I've been laid up in the hospital due to a severe staph infection over my left knee. The problem is it's a nasty one that won't go away. I got home today and will be on IV antibiotics for at least 4 weeks to try to clear it up. If however this does not work, I have been informed by the doctors treating me for this that they will have to amputate my left leg above the knee. So for now it's a wait and see thing.

Oh, my God!  That's terrible, I hope things work out okay for you!  :(

I do have a question though, amputate?  I mean, can't they try maggot therapy or something?  (And no, I am NOT making that up.)  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maggot_therapy

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/thinking-harder/2009/03/31/maggot-therapy-how-to-find-a-doctor-who-will-prescribe-maggots.html

Granted, I don't know if they work on a staph infection, but I guess it couldn't hurt to research it.  Either way, hope you get better.

EDIT: Shoot.. didn't realize how late I was to this discussion... anyway, hope things are going better now.

Circus, hope you feel better soon as well!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 06:49:06 AM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2009, 03:29:29 PM »

He's okay dude. That post was from last month. His antibiotics kicked in and did the job.  Thumbup

Maggot therapy is gross. Saw a video where it was done half-assed in some eastern european country and the dude's leg was crawling with flies and he just died in some tent.  Buggedout

meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2009, 04:24:00 PM »

Hey all. The last few days I've been laid up in the hospital due to a severe staph infection over my left knee. The problem is it's a nasty one that won't go away. I got home today and will be on IV antibiotics for at least 4 weeks to try to clear it up. If however this does not work, I have been informed by the doctors treating me for this that they will have to amputate my left leg above the knee. So for now it's a wait and see thing.

Oh, my God!  That's terrible, I hope things work out okay for you!  :(

I do have a question thought, amputate?  I mean, can't they try maggot therapy or something?  (And no, I am NOT making that up.)  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maggot_therapy
http://www.usnews.com/blogs/thinking-harder/2009/03/31/maggot-therapy-how-to-find-a-doctor-who-will-prescribe-maggots.html

Granted, I don't know if they work on a staph infection, but I guess it couldn't hurt to research it.  Either way, hope you get better.

EDIT: Shoot.. didn't realize how late I was to this discussion... anyway, hope things are going better now.

Circus, hope you feel better soon as well!

I suggested that to my docs when they were discussing the amputation and they were not willing to try it. However fortunate for me, they didn't have to amputate the leg either.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Trying To Not Loose A Leg « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.