Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:19:17 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  2012 The Movie and 2012 Hype. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2012 The Movie and 2012 Hype.  (Read 5814 times)
venomx
« on: August 07, 2009, 03:00:51 PM »

I can't wait for this, It really looks amazing! What do you think?

Small | Large

OMG! I dont like the looks of that!!! below ...

Small | Large

I just hope this doesn't happen for real though! ...

Does the Maya calendar really predict an apocalypse or is this just hype like the "y2k bug"?

What's your opinion about the upcoming movie? What's your opinion about the 2012 hype?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 03:06:11 PM by venomx » Logged
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 03:08:06 PM »

I think it looks amazing. Im not buying the 2012 hype, IMO its crazy nonsense.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Jim H

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 06:06:30 PM »

God damn I'm sick of apocalypse crap.  People have been saying the world would end basically every year of my entire life.  ENOUGH.

The movie looks like crap too.
venomx
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 07:47:08 PM »

I don't believe this will happen for real in our lifetime, but I still want to see the movie. Thumbup

I'm sure apocalypse predictions date back to the beginning of time. It's always something. But it is a sad fact that Earth won't be here forever. So I guess a real apocalypse must happen someday/somehow, but probably not in our lifetime.

Our sun's supernova perhaps? ... Yeah, like that really cheered me up. :(

But I do agree with you Jim, I don't like hearing our world is coming to end, it's hard enof right? I just wanted to know what others think about the 2012 hype and the movie ...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 08:01:07 PM by venomx » Logged
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 10:54:32 PM »

Movie looks good(sucker for a disaster pic), but the 2012, end of the world stuff is just mystical, pseudo-science woohaa.

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
peter johnson

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 12:03:04 AM »

No!!  No!! Nooooohhh .. It's totally Trueeeeee!!!! . . .

Only because I genuinely ejoy crap Apocalyse films . .. .

Ja, dis ist Mir

peter johnsonn/denny crane Arbeiten!!!

I have no idea what this means.
Caronte
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 03:22:39 AM »

Why does Rolan Emmerich like destroy the world so much?? godzilla, the day after tomorrow, independence day...I think the movie will be only FX, but I will probably see it. The 2012 "apocalypse" is ANOTHER non-sense prophecy.

GrindcoreManiac
Dedicated Viewer

Mommy, can I go out and kill tonight?

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 11:14:37 AM »

i think the hype for this movie is a bit ridiculous and it's gonna turn out to suck probably. kinda like how they hyped the day after tomorrow and the new king kong. they both ended up turning out disappointing and kinda dumb.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 11:17:25 AM »

I used to like those melodramatic disaster movies from the '70s, but the new ones don't do anything at all for me.  Usually I would LIKE to see the characters die, and I really think I've seen enough CGI to last me a lifetime at this point. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 02:04:42 PM »

The odds of any us actually living in the "end times" as predicted by many religions, or ancient civilizations while possible is highly unlikely. People went berzerk in the year 999 thinking the world was going to end, this is nothing new. On May 5th 2000 there was a major planetary alignment that some thought would send the Earth into a pole shift. Of course this did not occur, and many margaritas were consumed on that day.

South American cultures in particular believe the world ran in cycles of time, and the Aztecs sacrificed people to the gods to prevent the end of the epoch they lived in from occurring. The other end of the spectrum is the Mayan calender running out does mark a change in the earth, but not of an apocalyptic sort. The New Age of Aquarius, hippies and crystals for everyone.  Wink

As for the movie... the last Roland Emmerich film I saw in the theater was Godzilla, and I still have not forgotten, or forgiven him for that blight on celluloid.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 05:21:52 PM »

december 21, 2012. the more that you look into the facts, the more interesting (or scary) it becomes. Ill try not to go into so much detail on this one; its amazing how accurate the mayan calender is, more accurate than our own, how can a bunch of primitives create something like that, let alone even understand it. its also strange how it goes on for a few thousand years and just stops. though there will be some kind of super planetary allignment, from what ive read, everything is supposed to allign in our end of the galaxy. its never happened as long as humans have been on the earth.  Its got alot of scientists nervouse about what will happen, but well see. Im curious myself, weve got about 3 years to do some living.

exterminate all rational thought.....
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 06:13:24 PM »

The other end of the spectrum is the Mayan calender running out does mark a change in the earth, but not of an apocalyptic sort. The New Age of Aquarius, hippies and crystals for everyone.  Wink

Great, where am I going to store my very own hippie?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 10:42:29 AM »

The other end of the spectrum is the Mayan calender running out does mark a change in the earth, but not of an apocalyptic sort. The New Age of Aquarius, hippies and crystals for everyone.  Wink

Great, where am I going to store my very own hippie?

Just stick 'em in the closet with some pot, he'll be fine.

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
venomx
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 05:19:48 PM »

You know what makes me nervous? Pole shift hypothesis!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_shift_hypothesis
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 08:52:59 AM »

I recently took a Mesoamerican history class taught by a professor who'd specialized his career into study of the Mayans. 

The Mayans had a pretty good understanding of astronomy, and were hardly "a bunch of primitives." 

The Mayan Calendar Stone in question marks the end of the current Bak'tun, or set of thirteen K'tuns, each K'tun being a 52 year cycle.  When this Bak'tun ends...it starts over! Look at one of our calendars -- does the world end on December 31st? It's the same principle. 

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  2012 The Movie and 2012 Hype. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.