Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:36:18 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hamburger: The Motion Picture is great « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hamburger: The Motion Picture is great  (Read 6796 times)
Sam the Seed
« on: August 11, 2009, 03:01:11 AM »

Really great 80s slapstick gem. Totally stupid and fun. The music and art direction are especially amazing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PmOqLsxiJrc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PmOqLsxiJrc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The entire film is on youtube.
Small | Large
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 12:00:33 AM »

I freakin' love this movie. Just pulled it out of the VHS stash tonight and gave it a whirl for the first time in a couple of years. It's awful but I can't help but laugh at it. My friend Glenn and I can pretty much quote this movie chapter and verse, we've seen it so many times. Years ago we used to watch this tape while splitting a case of beer, several times a year.

I would love a DVD release!! Lord knows how long this VHS is going to hold up, I recorded it off of HBO 20+ years ago!!!

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 04:39:43 AM »

I love Hamburger: The Motion Picture, and I am not exaggerating in the slightest.

To me it is the sine qua non of '80s T&A comedies. Combine the absolute ridiculousness of the idea of a Hamburger University with a protagonist who was kicked out of every other university for getting laid too often, and you have my perfect mix for an '80s movie.

Small | Large

This movie is burned into my brain, and to this day I can sing you the entirety of the opening song ("Hamburgers for America") and the Buster Burger jingle.

It's incredibly stupid, gloriously so, and the gratuitous nudity is actual quality nudity (not something you always see).

Also, it has Dick Butkus, for seemingly no reason.

It kills me that this has never been released on DVD. It's dying for a deluxe package release.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 09:00:36 AM »

To me it is the sine qua non of '80s T&A comedies. Combine the absolute ridiculousness of the idea of a Hamburger University with a protagonist who was kicked out of every other university for getting laid too often, and you have my perfect mix for an '80s movie.

Indeed! It's just utterly....random. Which is what makes it so awesome.

to this day I can sing you the entirety of the opening song ("Hamburgers for America") and the Buster Burger jingle.

Me too!

Also, it has Dick Butkus, for seemingly no reason.

The sad thing is that "Hamburger" was pretty much the high point of his acting career.

TheDope
Movie Reviewer And Professional Nit-Picking Geek

Gone but not forgotten... well, KINDA forgotten.

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 11:28:54 PM »

Myself, I always thought there was one reason only for watching Hamburger: The Motion Picture...

The awe-inspiring presence of one Randi Brooks (she's the one in the blue dress).

- TGWD

TheDope: bringing the conversation to a grinding halt since 2002.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 08:16:20 AM »

Myself, I always thought there was one reason only for watching Hamburger: The Motion Picture...

The awe-inspiring presence of one Randi Brooks (she's the one in the blue dress).

- TGWD

She has one of the best lines in the movie: "I'd trade all 70,000 franchises for one night of headboard banging with a human piledriver like you."  BounceGiggle

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 10:02:56 PM »

I had such a blast re-watching this flick a few nights back that I wrote me a blog about it:

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/t/31d6bd

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 10:39:35 PM »

Great movie!  Definitely required viewing for any 80's comedy fan.

"Put those cookies back motherf***er!!"

How can you top that?  Hilarious!   Thumbup

The entire last act where they run the restaurant is awesome.
Small | Large
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hamburger: The Motion Picture is great « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.