Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:15:39 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Whose Line is it Anyway « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Whose Line is it Anyway  (Read 5334 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« on: August 14, 2009, 07:37:27 AM »

Whose Line is a very funny tv show. if you want proof, go to Youtube and type in 12medbe. He does Whose Line's games in play list, as in Props in the Play list Props! TeddyR Thumbup

yeah no.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 08:00:18 AM »

Which version ? UK or US.

I prefer the UK version because of the gorgeous Josie Lawrence. TeddyR

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 11:29:17 AM »

I preferred the UK version as well, because of Clive Anderson.  I find Drew Carey annoying and not nearly as funny as he thinks he is.   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 11:38:54 AM »

I really love the show and wish that the show was actually on available on season sets.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 12:16:07 PM »

I loved both versions of this show, because I love improv comedy.

The U.K version was ultimately better.  Like Rev. Powell said-Clive was a better host than Drew.  I especially like when either Tony Slatorie or Greg Proops would get into fights with him.  That was funny.

Another thing I didn't like was near the end of the US version-nearly every game either became something with an auidence member-and when they started briniging in guest stars like Robin Williams, we could all see the end was in sight.

I think one of my favorite games was Sound effects.  I always would crack up watching that game no matter how it was played.  (One of the few games to get betterwhen the auidence was involved)

« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 12:23:04 PM by WingedSerpent » Logged

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 03:36:45 PM »

Used to like it. Both versions are good, but I prefer our version as Drew Carey is a buttmunch. My ex made me watch every episode about 10 billion times so it tend to avoid it these days.  Smile

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 09:38:07 PM »

Hated the US version.  I liked that they had Greg Proops on, but ultimately, the UK version was worlds better.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 12:28:14 PM »

I couldn't tell any difference between the two shows. 

I really like when people express their hatred of  celebrities.  I'm sure Drew Carey is weeping all the way to the bank that you don't like him.  His claim to fame is that he has remained a normal guy who eschews stardom.  He told Shatner on Raw Nerve that he didn't want to be on TV anymore. I think he only took The Price is Right is because they backed up the money truck for him.

The most talented person on any of the Whose Line shows was Wayne Brady and the funniest thing about Drew was how easy it was for the other guys to make him laugh.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 04:25:05 PM »

Liked both versions.

I think all the regulars are fun to watch.  Ryan and Colin are such the duo.  Colin can destroy anyone at the questions game, that's fun to watch.

Wayne is excellent too, but a bit frenetic as a rule -- not a lot of variety in the pace he makes.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 09:54:49 PM »

I couldn't tell any difference between the two shows. 

I really like when people express their hatred of  celebrities.  I'm sure Drew Carey is weeping all the way to the bank that you don't like him.  His claim to fame is that he has remained a normal guy who eschews stardom.  He told Shatner on Raw Nerve that he didn't want to be on TV anymore. I think he only took The Price is Right is because they backed up the money truck for him.

The most talented person on any of the Whose Line shows was Wayne Brady and the funniest thing about Drew was how easy it was for the other guys to make him laugh.

I agree with the first part.  Drew is laughing to the bank.  I like Drew, but I disagree about Wayne.  Dude was bad.  God-awful.  So much so that I never watched the show, cause I disliked him that much.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 06:25:25 AM »

The comedians were equally good on the US version, but I really can't stand Drew Carey as host. I liked the UK version a lot better. Also, I think the games were a little better on the UK version.

What irritated me most on the US version was:
- the opening where Carey thinks he has to explain that improvisation is "just made up". I always felt insulted.
- also in the opening where he cracks a stupid joke about how the "points don't matter, like..."
- Carey inserting himself into the games on stage.
- too many "hoedowns".

But what bugged me the most was how when the US game appeared, the UK game completely vanished from my cable lineup. They didn't even offer the choice any more.

Same thing happened with "Iron Chef". In Japanese, it was a completely wacky cross-cultural experience. In English, it's just another cooking show. And now the Japanese one is completely gone.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Whose Line is it Anyway « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.