Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:54:15 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Godzilla - Legendary Pictures Rumored Project « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Godzilla - Legendary Pictures Rumored Project  (Read 13496 times)
Henry88
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 09:42:32 PM »

rumor is that  this is being consider for the new look

Pilgermann
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 02:48:56 AM »

rumor is that  this is being consider for the new look

At first glance I thought that looked cool, but the head's too tiny.  The Stan Winston design was kind of cool, too, but a little too much like a mutant gator.  I guess some CGI is unavoidable these days, but I still want guys in big rubber suits smashing miniatures to bits.

Here's a shot of what I believe is some early test footage:

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 06:54:46 AM »

Am I the only person here who LIKED the 1998 version?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 09:33:09 AM »

Am I the only person here who LIKED the 1998 version?

I'm actually watching it right now, having not seen it since 1998.  It's not as wretched as some make it out, but it's also, in many ways, not good.  For example, I'd like Godzilla to remain a consistent scale from one scene to the next, and I don't care for the mean-spirited spoofing of Siskel and Ebert. 

Overall, however, I'm seeing it more and more as a remake of BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS than anything else.  It'll probably get a two barrel review on Radiation-Scarred Reviews. 

As for the new remake, CGI or rubber suit doesn't matter to me.  What's important is the spirit, which I'm not sure will happen here, because there seems to be something of a fundamental disconnect in giant monster movies between Japan and America.  America doesn't seem to like monsters that the military can't kill, and very rarely do we allow monsters to truly be characters in their own right (contrast King Kong and Cloverfield). 

Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 10:29:12 AM »

I thought the 1998 version was fun!

I think some people might like it more if it was not connected with Godzilla and was a stand-alone film.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 01:18:39 PM »

I have to admit to enjoying the 1998 film on some level, the same level, a guilty pleasure one, that enjoys Emmerich and Devlin's other disaster flicks. But to me, the monster in that film isn't really Godzilla even if that's what they call it. I think of it as Frogzilla myself.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Godzilla - Legendary Pictures Rumored Project « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.