Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:50:26 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  COWBOY KILLER (2008) Best Bad Movie in a LONG, LONG, Time!!!!!!!!!!!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: COWBOY KILLER (2008) Best Bad Movie in a LONG, LONG, Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 8936 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: August 15, 2009, 12:02:51 AM »

I just finished watching this incredible chunk of cinematic excrescence and I am still rolling with laughter.  Forget NINJA BACHELOR PARTY.  Forget THE LOST EMPIRE.  Adios, THE BLOOD SHED.  Cannibal Mutant Hillbillies, begone!  Ed Wood, move over!  This film just vaulted its way to the top of my "Best Bad Movies" list!

Seriously, my BMDO brothers and sisters, you must see this film.  Every conceivable element of a bad movie is there.  Low budget. Terrible acting.  Dialogue so bad it has to be heard to be believed.  (One example - "I'm gonna set his horse on fire and eat it!!")  Random naked women.  Fantasy sequences.  More bad dialogue.  Extra cheesy fake gunplay. Random flashbacks.   Obviously fake gore.  Killing with atypical weapons.  Terribly obvious bald wigs.
Hold on, gotta giggle some more . . . heeheeeheeheehee BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Without too many spoilers, let me give you an idea of how bad this film is.  Roy Thompson is a cowboy in his dress and accent, a rover of the Wild West in his own mind.  In reality, he is a delusional serial killer who tells all his victims "You're in for a da-- treat!" before he shoots, bludgeons, stabs, or crushes them.  He fantasizes that his female victims are fawning, affectionate dates, and that his male victims become his lifelong friends.  Leaving a trail of mangled bodies in his wake, he goes to a rave pursued by an unlikely posse consisting of two recently fired cops, the town drunk, two cable repairman with a vigilante streak a mile long, an angry waitress he'd clubbed in the head, her stripper girlfriend, and a night club owner, as well as a young black man whose girlfriend ol' Roy had decapitated at the beginning of the movie. Oh, and the local serial killer, a babbling idiot Roy tried to befriend and then rejected as being too rude and crude for Roy's refined tastes.  Between the whole lot of them, there are maybe ten functioning brain cells.

It has been a long, long time since I enjoyed a bad movie this much.  I think every member of Badmovies.org needs to bump this one up to the top of their Netflix list, or better yet, buy a copy of this masterpiece of bad movie making!  I'm thinking about building a small shrine to it under my bed and sacrificing free range dust bunnies to appease the wild spirit of Roy Thompson, the best psycho cowboy serial killer ever displayed in a movie with a $50,000 budget.  You should do the same.

Andrew, if your busy schedule allows, you really ought to review this one.  I think it would bring out the best in your skillful repertoire of critical verbiage!!!

In the maantime, BMDO friends, please take ol' Indy's word on this one.  See this movie.

NOW!!!!!!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 03:40:11 PM »

Sounds good.  I just moved it to the top of my netflix list.  It says there is a "very long wait" though.
John
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 01:21:45 PM »

I agree. You should definitely check this out.
jimmybob
Bad Movie Lover

Move over, let Jimi take over.

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 09:38:32 PM »

Well poo I even remember reading the back of the DVD.

-Jimmybob

jimmybob
Bad Movie Lover

Move over, let Jimi take over.

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 07:38:13 AM »

Small | Large

This looks intense.

-Jimmybob

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 09:13:12 PM »

You're in for a d--n treat.

Really!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 10:50:32 PM »

Just remembered another great line from this movie . . . as the two cops are going to have coffee with an old widow (I think she was the Aunt of one of them), they pass her nephew/their redneck cousin.  Cop says:  "Where ya goin', Bobby?"

Bobby:  "Gawna eat breakfast with a friend.  BUT WE AIN'T GAY OR NOTHIN'!!!"

Brilliant.  Simply brilliant.

zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 08:01:54 PM »

sounds great, I will attempt to check this one out Thumbup

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
John
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 08:33:11 PM »

Indiana,

How about "I'm gonna set his horse on fire and then eat it!"

lol
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 09:59:55 PM »

I think I quoted that in the original post.  What a great line.  Right up there with

"I hate Robot Spiders!" from THE LOST EMPIRE and

"Charlie - you better not be drinkin' that Robutussin again!!" from NINJA BACHELOR PARTY, and

"Future events like these will affect you in the future." - PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE

This movie stands proudly in that company.

DarkWolfe
New Visitor

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 09:48:40 PM »

Glad you guys are liking the movie. My friends (the filmmakers) would be excited to know that their movie is being talked about. Funny anecdote... On the night they shoot at the theater I use to work at, Paul Bailey and I would go outside for a smoke between takes. I believe Paul Bailey is a method actor because he would barley say a word to me and when he did he would talk in that accent and leer at me. It sort of freaked me out but was also funny. It's no screath to say that he, as Roy, and Ben Solenberger's character (I forget the bald psychos name) made that movie. 
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 10:16:51 PM »

How cool to hear from someone involved in the production!

I found the movie tremendously entertaining and incredibly funny.  Give your friends my thanks for an hour and a half of pure enjoyment!

the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2009, 10:20:36 AM »

I watched it yesterday.  It's dumb as hell, but very amusing.  Those that haven't seen it yet really are in for a damn treat!  One of the funniest parts is when he says "how 'bout a fist full of dollars," as he punches a guy in the face.
Javakoala
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 07:02:20 PM »

This is one seriously weird film.  Roy steals the show.  He plays it straight, which makes his character funnier than anything else in this movie.  And his first victim is drop-dead delicious looking.

Funny movie that, with slightly better acting, would have been right up there with serious cult classic contenders. Still, well worth the time to watch.  This one will get occasional rotation in my DVD player, at least once a year.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 09:54:45 PM »

Glad you liked it.  I know Andrew is terribly busy, but I bet he could write a killer review of this thing!

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  COWBOY KILLER (2008) Best Bad Movie in a LONG, LONG, Time!!!!!!!!!!!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.