Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:41:20 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Epic Win: Victim Kills Would-Be Robber « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Epic Win: Victim Kills Would-Be Robber  (Read 20271 times)
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2009, 02:56:25 PM »

You know what an AK-47 was designed and is used for.  It is not a sporting rifle. 

Intended for it or not, people do use it for hunting.  Many, many people also use the SKS (the SKS was the USSR's rifle before the AK47) for hunting, as it is cheap, reliable, and the pretty easy to find and inexpensive surplus ammunition is a good deer cartridge.

I also find it worth noting that any gun that effectively kills deer will effectively kill people.  The only really significant differences might be the potential rate of fire and the magazine capacities.

I understand what you're getting at, I just don't think you can draw a particularly effective line between appropriate hunting weapons and those purely for killing people.  Someone who knows what they're doing with a bolt action rifle could kill 10 people a minute without problem.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2009, 03:35:00 PM »

i have a problem with how easy it is for any half wit with little money to purchase a gun.

Yes, because as we all know, the poor should not have the right to defend themselves. . .

I understand the 'half wit' part, but mentioning money in this capacity speaks volumes. .

You know what an AK-47 was designed and is used for.  It is not a sporting rifle. 

You are right. Now look at THIS http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,126205.msg281064.html#msg281064, and maybe you will understand.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 03:37:58 PM by ghouck » Logged

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
3mnkids

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2009, 05:36:13 PM »

i have a problem with how easy it is for any half wit with little money to purchase a gun.

Yes, because as we all know, the poor should not have the right to defend themselves. . .

I understand the 'half wit' part, but mentioning money in this capacity speaks volumes. .

You are right. Now look at THIS http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,126205.msg281064.html#msg281064, and maybe you will understand.

where the hell do you get the poor from anything I posted? I didnt mention poor, you did. My point was very simple, just because someone has money to buy a gun does not mean they should. I dont give a rats ass if they make 10K a year or a million. One has nothing to do with the other.

No one needs an AK47.

Why not?

What firearms experience and training do you have that you can declare someone unfit to have a gun?

Guns have become such an acceptable part of our lives that most dont blink when a man straps a gun to his leg and goes to where the President is speaking

If he intended to shoot the President, I don't think he'd carry the gun there in plain sight.

Parents are not keeping their guns away from children and they are blowing each others heads off..

More children drown in pools than shoot themselves.

You shouldn't keep guns away from children.  If you have guns in the home, your children should be trained to handle them safely.  Like this little tyke, here ...

http://www.break.com/index/little-kid-at-a-shooting-range.html

He's far less likely to have a gun-related accident than a kid who's never been trained.

I dont have a problem with responsible gun owners i have a problem with how easy it is for any half wit with little money to purchase a gun.

But who defines what a responsible gun owner is?  Is it the guy who keeps his guns locked in a safe and unloaded at all times so no one can get to them?  Is it the guy who keeps his guns loaded, ready, and within reach at all times in case of a home invasion scenario?

[/quote]

No one needs an AK47. Its certainly not for defense.

Someone is unfit when 1, they dont take a gun safety class and 2, they have mental issues.

It wasnt about killing the president but about intimidation.  saying we are here and we are armed be afraid.

If someone has children they have a responsibility to keep that child save that includes making sure they know a gun is a dangerous weapon and not a toy. To often parents buy the gun and just let it sit around. They dont teach the children gun safety because they dont know about it. They just bought the gun and said yeah, I have a gun im not going to worry about educating myself or my family.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
akiratubo

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2009, 07:57:05 PM »

It's for defense if you use it for defense.  It's for hunting if you use it for hunting.  It's for shooting varmints if you use it to shoot varmints.  It's for whatever use you put it to.  There's no valid reason to make a blanket statement like, "Nobody needs an AK-47."

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2009, 08:00:32 PM »

my point is people like this idiot should not have had a gun.
I dont have a problem with responsible gun owners i have a problem with how easy it is for any half wit with little money to purchase a gun.

Your words. A person with, as YOU put it, "LITTLE MONEY", is considered POOR.

I dont give a rats ass if they make 10K a year or a million. One has nothing to do with the other.

Whoa, did you get whiplash changing directions so fast?

Perhaps you should talk to Allhallowsday, he says they are made for use against people. That is what 'defense' means.

To often parents buy the gun and just let it sit around.

Now you're just throwing crap at the wall and seeing what sticks. I guess we need to get rid of all household cleaners, because WAY more kids die from those that guns, even accounting for possession rates. You just need to admit you're taking a couple articles out of the news and that's all you have.

They dont teach the children gun safety because they dont know about it. They just bought the gun and said yeah, I have a gun im not going to worry about educating myself or my family.

I seriously doubt you know any of that for fact at all. I just called every friend of mine I know that I know has guns, none of them fit this. How many people did YOU ask first hand? Yep, I didn't think so. .
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 08:03:05 PM by ghouck » Logged

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2009, 09:02:56 PM »

To be fair, I think that was a typo. I read it as "anyone with A little money" meaning the only qualification for gun ownership is being able to afford one. If it wasn't a typo, it would be a really awkward choice of words for someone who otherwise writes clearly. I tend to agree with you on the broader issue Ghouck, but your interpretation of the sentence is a bit of a stretch, and I don't see how you can keep arguing this particular point even after she clarified what she meant.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2009, 09:43:32 PM »

To be fair, I think that was a typo. I read it as "anyone with A little money" meaning the only qualification for gun ownership is being able to afford one. If it wasn't a typo, it would be a really awkward choice of words for someone who otherwise writes clearly. I tend to agree with you on the broader issue Ghouck, but your interpretation of the sentence is a bit of a stretch, and I don't see how you can keep arguing this particular point even after she clarified what she meant.
I've noticed he's been doing that quite a bit. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2009, 09:45:55 PM »

Sorry Andy, but are you now her spokesperson? I don't see where she clarified anything. Yes, they way YOU interpret it doesn't sound bad, but that's not what I got out of it. Please point out just where she pointed out it was a typo? Didn't think so. .

3mnkids

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2009, 10:01:10 PM »

Sorry Andy, but are you now her spokesperson? I don't see where she clarified anything. Yes, they way YOU interpret it doesn't sound bad, but that's not what I got out of it. Please point out just where she pointed out it was a typo? Didn't think so. .

I have clarified, its not my fault if you dont get it. I will say it again. Just because someone has money to buy a gun does not mean they should. How does that say anything about the poor? It doesnt.  Guns are cheap and the only thing required is that you have the money. Poor or rich it doesnt matter and i made no distinction. You did.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
3mnkids

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2009, 10:05:11 PM »

I seriously doubt you know any of that for fact at all. I just called every friend of mine I know that I know has guns, none of them fit this. How many people did YOU ask first hand? Yep, I didn't think so. .

you dont know anything about me or who i know. And I never said fact. I said too often parents buy guns and dont worry about gun safety. I have known several like this and have family members who are also this way. I never said all parents who own guns are irresponsible. not once.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2009, 10:21:19 PM »

You need to calm down.  And not having the "sack" as you've put on my karma with your commentary, I address here in the public forum.  Apparently you don't know whom you are addressing.  I hadn't realized Mr. H, that you behave on this forum a little loop-de-loo.  I'd pointed out that you are creating arguments, though you've stated off forum I don't have the "sack".  We didn't disagree, certainly we were talking about different subjects, yet you seemed determined to perpetuate discord.   You can disagree with a person and remain a gentleman.  I'll take the negative along with the insult, and still wish you the best.   Smile
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 10:26:20 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2009, 10:22:18 PM »

You need to calm down.  
I am calm, and that post has nothing to do with you. Nice try at shifting focus though.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 10:25:00 PM by ghouck » Logged

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2009, 10:24:44 PM »

you dont know anything about me or who i know. And I never said fact. I said too often parents buy guns and dont worry about gun safety. I have known several like this and have family members who are also this way. I never said all parents who own guns are irresponsible. not once.

So your answer is a blanket policy due to just those few people who don't fit YOUR idea of responsibility? I also never accused you of blaming ALL parents.  Lookingup
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 10:26:37 PM by ghouck » Logged

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2009, 10:27:59 PM »

You need to calm down. 
I am calm, and that post has nothing to do with you. Nice try at shifting focus though.
It's not about shifting focus, it's about my response to your negative karma left for me and the insult to boot.  I do not repay this.  Apparently you cannot be contrite, but remain rude... and kookoo is yer specialty.   Wink  Drink  Thumbup

Quote the GHOUCK: If you have something to say, have the sack to say it to me
Uhm, gook, this is an internet forum. 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 10:32:02 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2009, 10:32:02 PM »

You need to calm down.  
It's not about shifting focus, it's about my response to your negative karma left for me and the insult to boot.  I do not repay this.  Apparently you cannot be contrite, but remain rude... and kookoo is yer specialty.   Wink  Drink  Thumbup

Wait here, You post "You need to calm, down", I respond, and you EDIT YOUR POST, and respond as if MY response was to what you edited your message to. For the record, when I posted "I am calm, and that post has nothing to do with you. Nice try at shifting focus though.", the post I was responding to was only "You need to calm down. ", everything else was added AFTER my response.

And, just what is 'gook' supposed to mean?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 10:36:41 PM by ghouck » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Epic Win: Victim Kills Would-Be Robber « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.