Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:46:42 AM
714313 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  forget the NEW Cartoonnetwork! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: forget the NEW Cartoonnetwork!  (Read 13712 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« on: August 17, 2009, 05:27:57 PM »

I LOVED the old Cartoonnetwork, as in Dexter's lab and Courage. my fav of all is samurai Jack!
This NEW Thumbdown Cartoonnetwork is full of Bulls**t! Thumbdown
Forget this new crap, bring back the oldies that were the s**t! Thumbup TeddyR
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 08:29:36 PM by Bull » Logged

yeah no.
venomx
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 08:57:51 PM »

That Sixteen cartoon. Blaaaaa Thumbdown
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 09:22:36 PM »

I LOVED the old Cartoonnetwork, as in Dexter's lab and Courage. my fav of all is samurai Jack!

The best episode of Courage is The Tower of Dr Zarlost if for no other reason then the music.  It's great for any fan of horror movies.

Small | Large

What happened to Samurai Jack?  Everyone I knew who watched cartoon network loved the show.  I thought it was getting good ratings. It had a lot of action and cool scenes.  But it just sort of ended.  No warning or anything.  

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Paquita

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 09:16:53 AM »

I like Chowder and Flapjack, but that's pretty much all of the "new" stuff I like.  I thought Samurai Jack was supposed to start up again?  I swear they showed like a marathon a few months ago for something.  Courage is still on a lot, probably reruns though.
Dubal
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 12:50:56 AM »

Some of those are on Boomerang now if you are lucky enough to get that channel. I know Dexter's Lab and Samurai Jack are on currently.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 08:48:43 PM »

I never got Courage.  I simply didn't like him.  

Adult Swim is the only thing that shines on CN but even that stinks once and awhile.  Well, I also have a soft spot for the Clone Wars cartoon.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 07:56:22 PM »

Old School CartoonNetwork was the bomb.  Great shows and excitement, plus Cartoon Theather and the awesome Toonmai which got me into anime to begin with, with shows like Cyborg 009, Tenchi Muyo, Naruto, IGPX, and Cardcaptors.  Why did it have to go?!

It also had some great animated shows with Johnny Bravo; Dexter's Laboratory; Powerpuff Girls (SO WHAT?!); Ed, Edd, and Eddy; and my all time favorite, Courage the Cowardly Dog.  It was always a fun time.

I didn't really get into Adult Swim until Death Note & Code Geass were on, but after Death Note ended and Code Geass got too depressing, I stopped watching.  Sigh...

Oh yeah... they also this:

Small | Large

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 12:51:38 AM »

Old School CartoonNetwork was the bomb.  Great shows and excitement, plus Cartoon Theather and the awesome Toonmai which got me into anime to begin with, with shows like Cyborg 009, Tenchi Muyo, Naruto, IGPX, and Cardcaptors.  Why did it have to go?!

That's funny, but when Toonami first started was around the time that anime shows really started to get on my nerves. Maybe I am not just giving that generation of animators enough of a chance, but I grew up with Star Blazers, Battle of the Planets, Robotech, and Voltron all series that are pretty serious given some of the settings and plots. It just seemed to me, and I could be very off, but anime had by the late '90s early '00s become too self aware in a bad parody way. I did like the Tenchi Muyo episodes that I saw though.

I like Chowder and Flapjack, but that's pretty much all of the "new" stuff I like.  I thought Samurai Jack was supposed to start up again?  I swear they showed like a marathon a few months ago for something.  Courage is still on a lot, probably reruns though.

Courage is great, lots and lots of monsters is a good thing. I like Chowder, and Flapjack both of those have really unique styles, and neat use of background patterns. The kids like those two a lot. Most of Adult Swim that I have caught lately though has been just okay, not like some of the shows of the past.

The Venture Bros. has been my favorite recent series, if only for the awesome Jim Thirwell soundtrack. 

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
weasel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 01:11:20 PM »

I adore Adult Swim, but I see it as a uh, sovereign network. And I think that's what it is.
I bought my little brother the first Dethklok album for his birthday. Don't tell him. But yes generally Cartoon Network is going the way of all other programming.

But when K'nuckles wrestled that shark and told it he'd take care of its kids? I died.

To be honest though, when I was a kid we couldn't afford anything outside broadcast TV.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 10:45:29 AM »

I never cared for Samurai Jack, and all the 'Toonami' crap, I don't care for that either. I've never cared for anime, at all. The only thing I wopuld consider Anime that I liked was "Bo Bobo Bo Bobobo", and really only for the first couple of episodes. It was ridicules, but kinda funny, , , but it got old fast. Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Cow & Chicken, 2 Stupid Dogs, Ed Edd & Eddy, I M Weasel were the ones I like. Courage was OK, as was Johnny Bravo. Way back they had some contest for cartoonists, which I believe is where Johnny bravo and PPG started, maybe even Dexter's Lab. IIRC Johnny Bravo won the contest and thus became a series. Anyways, that contest had a BUNCH of good stuff, I remember "Sledgehammer 'Opossum" and a few others that were pretty crude and disgusting, exactly how I like them.

I do love a bunch of the Adult Swim stuff. Sealab 2021 is one of my favorites, as is Metalocalypse and The Venture bros. I kinda like ATHF, but the 'Colon Movie' is where it really shined IMO. Superjail is awesome, and 'The Drinky Crow Show' is just plain wrong, but fun, and Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law is one that I was sad to see end, very creative show that brings back memories of old cartoons, pointing out their absurdities. Some of the AS shows are hard to get started watching IMO. Metalocalypse is funny as heck, but from the ads it appears that it's just about a bunch of seriously hardcore musicians and some evil curse of biblical proportions. I wasn't interested in it until someone showed me an episode and I realized it wasn't self-congratulating like the ads made it seem. Really, what it's about is them being total IDIOTS, and their fans being even WORSE. It makes one look at morons like Axl Rose a bit differently.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 10:53:57 PM »

I do love a bunch of the Adult Swim stuff. Sealab 2021 is one of my favorites, as is Metalocalypse and The Venture bros. I kinda like ATHF, but the 'Colon Movie' is where it really shined IMO. Superjail is awesome, and 'The Drinky Crow Show' is just plain wrong, but fun, and Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law is one that I was sad to see end, very creative show that brings back memories of old cartoons, pointing out their absurdities. Some of the AS shows are hard to get started watching IMO. Metalocalypse is funny as heck, but from the ads it appears that it's just about a bunch of seriously hardcore musicians and some evil curse of biblical proportions. I wasn't interested in it until someone showed me an episode and I realized it wasn't self-congratulating like the ads made it seem. Really, what it's about is them being total IDIOTS, and their fans being even WORSE. It makes one look at morons like Axl Rose a bit differently.

Thumbup Loove all those shows as well (except Superjail and the drinky Crow Show, never saw them.) Cheers

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 04:21:01 PM »

Worst still is now they are starting to air reality shows.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 12:51:08 PM »

Last time I checked it was called the CARTOONnetwork. I mean I don't mind the occasional live action movie based on an existing show, but this reeks of what happened to MTV, VH-1, and worst of all SyFy (shudder).

Who are these executives who come up with this stuff? I know networks have to be profitable, but come on alienating your core audience that helped build you up over the years just so you can have a broader appeal is not all that smart. Shows lose their edge, or whatever spark that made them original when they try to please everybody. I do not want 500 of the same channel, so leave the niche themed channels alone please.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 01:05:05 PM »

Last time I checked it was called the CARTOONnetwork. I mean I don't mind the occasional live action movie based on an existing show, but this reeks of what happened to MTV, VH-1, and worst of all SyFy (shudder).

Who are these executives who come up with this stuff? I know networks have to be profitable, but come on alienating your core audience that helped build you up over the years just so you can have a broader appeal is not all that smart. Shows lose their edge, or whatever spark that made them original when they try to please everybody. I do not want 500 of the same channel, so leave the niche themed channels alone please.
this is when I want to kill myself Thumbdown Bluesad

yeah no.
Flu-Bird
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 03:06:25 PM »

I mosty watch BOOMERANG they have HERCULOIDS,WACKY RACES,RICHIE RICH,YOUNG SAMSON & GOLIATH,SPACE KIDDETES,SPEED BUGGY,PERILS OF PENELOPY PITSTOP,BIRDMAN & THE GALAXY TRIO,SPACE GHOST,YOGI BEAR,HUCLEBERRY HOUND
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  forget the NEW Cartoonnetwork! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.