Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:27:17 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Avatar Trailer « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Avatar Trailer  (Read 3623 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« on: August 21, 2009, 06:29:42 AM »

×^ Small | Large

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 06:46:26 AM »

Trailer looks cool. I've just had it with this stuff where you've got some utterly perfect society where people live in blissful harmony with nature, and then the nasty, evil and bad humans show up and screw everything up.  Sounds like some freakin' PETA propaganda campaign.  I've had that message pounded into my head since birth and and I'm getting damned sick of it already.  I'm actually a bit more interested in the video game, though not the whole 3D aspect of it. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Jim H

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 03:12:48 PM »

Trailer looks cool. I've just had it with this stuff where you've got some utterly perfect society where people live in blissful harmony with nature, and then the nasty, evil and bad humans show up and screw everything up.  Sounds like some freakin' PETA propaganda campaign.  I've had that message pounded into my head since birth and and I'm getting damned sick of it already.  I'm actually a bit more interested in the video game, though not the whole 3D aspect of it. 

From what I've read about the plot (a lot is still unknown) that's not ENTIRELY what is going on - even though the trailer makes it look like that.  I'm hoping it is a bit more complex than that, personally.  But I have to say, if you're going to depict technologically advanced humans encountering a people that are not as advanced technologically...  That's pretty much what happens most of the time.  Just look at what is happening in South America right now (and has been for decades) while the rest of the world turns a blind eye. 

However, this IS Jim Cameron.  When it comes to directing and writing sci-fi action films, I have more faith in his abilities than any other film maker out there. 
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 10:03:44 PM »

Cameron pretty much explained the whole thing at this year's E3, if you're interested:

Small | Large

Small | Large

I just finished Cold Fear on the PS2, which is an Ubisoft game, and was very impressed with it.  So I'm looking forward to the video game of Avatar.  The movie, well...A tribe "Untouched by modern man" was recently discovered in the Amazon basin.  What's the first thing they did?  Get out the bows and arrows and try to kill the unmanned aerial vehicle that was photographing them. 
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 10:37:17 PM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 11:22:12 AM »

I think this movie is going to be great, but at the same time I'm trying to keep an open mind. I always liked James Cameron films there usually original with great action and charectors., and I think this is going to be something to behold.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Jim H

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 11:54:44 AM »

Cameron pretty much explained the whole thing at this year's E3, if you're interested:

I just finished Cold Fear on the PS2, which is an Ubisoft game, and was very impressed with it.  So I'm looking forward to the video game of Avatar.  The movie, well...A tribe "Untouched by modern man" was recently discovered in the Amazon basin.  What's the first thing they did?  Get out the bows and arrows and try to kill the unmanned aerial vehicle that was photographing them. 

Interesting.  He sure gave away the plot in that video, didn't he?  And yeah, Ubisoft can make some quite good games when they actually put the proper resources into it - like Beyond Good and Evil and *some* of the Far Cry games.  I'm just hoping this is one of those games.  There are also games like Red Steel on Wii, which is laughably flawed.

As far as that tribe goes...  I think they have the right idea.  Immediately killing any modern peoples (and destroying what tries to contact them) who enter your land is usually a good choice as far as tribes like that go.  While they don't actually know this, anyone from modern society is an enormous life-and-death threat to tribes like that.  We're basically plague carriers to them, so any visitation by us is an accidental genocide in the making. 
akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 01:00:50 PM »

Guy in a wheelchair gets a new body that can walk, goes to infiltrate a society of tree huggers, falls in love with it, and helps defend it against his own technologically advanced race.  Big whoop.  The CG looks good but so what?  Awesome special effects are so commonplace these days, that doesn't mean anything anymore.

It may be done well enough to be worth seeing, we'll just have to wait and see.  Personally, I haven't liked any of Cameron's movies since The Abyss, so I'm not building up any high expectations.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 01:43:46 AM »

I have to agree with akira...

This looks kinda disappointing.
It almost looks like some sort of Disney feature.

I hope it's a great movie, but based on that trailer, I have my doubts.

Roger Ebert feels the same way

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Avatar Trailer « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.