Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:52:16 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Unusual Murder Weapons In Movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Unusual Murder Weapons In Movies  (Read 36240 times)
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 08:05:40 PM »

There was an episode of the Alfred Hitchcock Presents TV series where a woman bludgeoned her husband with a frozen leg of lamb.

Yeah, that's A Lamb to Slaughter based on a Roald Dahl story. A classic!

And then there's Death by Jean Hill's Ass in John Waters' DESPERATE LIVING:

Small | Large

And almost as good Liz Renay as the infamous 'Dog Fod Murderess' in the same movie:

Small | Large

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 11:03:28 PM »

There is a scene where the lead singer of a rock band is killed by a weed whacker in Hard Rock Zombies that made totally no sense at all. I could see it killing him if the thing had a saw blade in the head but not that hard plastic line those things use.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Texdar
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 05:07:46 AM »

Death by corn on the cob in Sleepwalkers.

I bent my wookie!
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 08:30:16 AM »

Death by escalator in Terror Firmer.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
BTM

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 08:06:42 PM »

There was an episode of the Alfred Hitchcock Presents TV series where a woman bludgeoned her husband with a frozen leg of lamb.

Hey, I saw that one!  That's based on a short story called, "Lamb to the Slaughter".  What's crazy is after she kills her husband, she shoves the leg of lap into the oven and starts cooking it, goes off shopping, comes back, calls the police saying the house was broken into, then she offers them the lamb saying her husband wouldn't want it to go to waste.

Come to think of it, that would be an interesting idea... I wonder if someone killed someone with a frozen piece of meat, and then threw it away somewhere, and the police couldn't find it (because it gotten rotten) if they'd be able to convict said person without a murder weapon. 

Rev Powell, want to chime in on that?  :)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
BTM

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 08:11:47 PM »

Shoot 'Em Up, death by carrot stick.

I believe in Die Hard 2 Bruce Willis kills someone with a large icicle. 

Come to think of it, that would also be an good murder weapon... I mean, stab someone with a large icicle, and then it would melt, evidence gone.

Damn, I'm morbid.

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 08:45:29 PM »

Come to think of it, that would also be an good murder weapon... I mean, stab someone with a large icicle, and then it would melt, evidence gone.

Damn, I'm morbid.
I once had a 5-minute mystery book with that very thing happening >.>

Anyhow, I don't think it has been done yet, but an egg beater would be fun, creative to see off someone... On the topic of something that's been done, I've seen screenshots of Ghoulies 3 in which a plunger is used to kill a chick in the shower (So it seems), yes, using it in the "plunger" way, not as a boring bludgeon or anything XD

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 10:37:40 PM »

Forgot one in my earler post: Man-eating elevator in The Lift.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2009, 11:06:11 PM »

The buzz saw yo-yo in Octop***y

The spitball creatures in Buckaroo Bonzai
Similarly, the disembodied, decomposed hand that Susan Swift vomits onto victims  in Burned at the Stake
Similarly, the projectile vomit method in Ninja Wars

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Skull
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2009, 10:39:58 AM »

Shoot 'Em Up, death by carrot stick.

I believe in Die Hard 2 Bruce Willis kills someone with a large icicle. 

Damn, I'm morbid.

Funny... In Columbo (one of the epsodes) a man was in a swimming pool and got bludgeoned by a block of ice, the weapon melted away. :)

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2009, 10:42:40 AM »

Hey, I saw that one!  That's based on a short story called, "Lamb to the Slaughter".  What's crazy is after she kills her husband, she shoves the leg of lap into the oven and starts cooking it, goes off shopping, comes back, calls the police saying the house was broken into, then she offers them the lamb saying her husband wouldn't want it to go to waste.

Come to think of it, that would be an interesting idea... I wonder if someone killed someone with a frozen piece of meat, and then threw it away somewhere, and the police couldn't find it (because it gotten rotten) if they'd be able to convict said person without a murder weapon. 

Rev Powell, want to chime in on that?  :)

The murder weapon's just another piece of evidence, there's nothing magical about it that says you have to let a killer go free if you can't retrieve it.  I'd cancel my trip to the butcher if I were you.  Wink

As far as weird weapons, I thought of Cappy's death in TROMEO AND JULIET where he's attacked by a series of beauty appliances (hairdryer, curling iron, etc.) before finally biting it via computer monitor.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2009, 04:09:36 PM »

Death by corn on the cob in Sleepwalkers.
Oh crap, missed your post initially, but that very thing was also used in 2004's Scarecrow XD . In the same film, a stick and I'm pretty sure some straw is used to kill someone XD
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 07:57:26 PM by Mr. Briggs Inc. » Logged

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2009, 04:45:09 PM »

The murder weapon's just another piece of evidence, there's nothing magical about it that says you have to let a killer go free if you can't retrieve it.  I'd cancel my trip to the butcher if I were you.  Wink

I've had several knuckleheads work for me that swear they are wrongfully imprisoned because a conviction can not happen if the body can't be found. What an ignorant way of logic that seems to be to me.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
BTM

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2009, 08:50:42 AM »

I've had several knuckleheads work for me that swear they are wrongfully imprisoned because a conviction can not happen if the body can't be found. What an ignorant way of logic that seems to be to me.

Well, that at least sounds semi-reasonable.  I mean, they're thinking, "Can't find a body, can't prove there was a murder!  She might be on tour in Europe or something..." 

Course, then they just have to explain away the several pints of the missing person's blood and DNA the police found all over the apartment, in the car, and other such evidence.

BTM

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2009, 08:55:08 AM »

Speaking of unusual weapons, here's a REAL one I heard about from a book on forensics  (I think it was called What the Corpse Revealed or something like that, but I'm not sure.)  In this particular case a man was found dead with an injury that seemed like a bullet wound, but they could NOT find a slug in him.  Finally, they did some testing and found animal fat and bits of traces of bone inside the guy.  Turns out the murderer (a female if I recall correctly) had used a bullet that, instead of a metal tip, she put in a shard of animal bone sounded by animal fat.  The evidence was partial dissolved in the body by acid (not sure on the details, but thinking she shot the guy in the stomach), so at first glance, it appeared he to have no projectile inside him.

They also had a bit of a side note on this about ice bullets, something that Harry Houdini spent some time trying to create and, if one could get them to work, how effective of a weapon they could be.  (Course, the big is how do you keep them frozen before you want to use them.

I just love forensics stuff!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Unusual Murder Weapons In Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.