Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:35:42 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Rob Zombie's next project, another remake of The Blob « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rob Zombie's next project, another remake of The Blob  (Read 3200 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: August 28, 2009, 07:49:11 AM »

Hollywood is totally bereft of new ideas.

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/rob-zombie-to-remake-a-nastier-dirtier-more-sheri-moon-filled-version-of-the-blob/

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 02:24:03 AM »

Argh!  They scrapped this idea once already.  Leave well enough alone!  Hatred
Pilgermann

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 02:43:25 AM »

For some reason another remake of The Blob doesn't bother me that much even though the original film is one of my sentimental favorites (plus it scared the crap out of me when I was a kid).  Wasn't there talk of a sort of humorous take on the material some time ago?  The Blob scenario seems appropriate for a horror-comedy flick.

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 09:05:30 AM »

I wouldn't really like it if he would remake The Blob.  The original and remake were fine by themselves!  I have a feeling he wouldn't even get close to how good the original and remake were.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
venomx
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 07:49:27 PM »

WTH? ... What ever happened to fresh ideas? ... really ...

I have MANY ideas for new movies. Hollywood needs to hire me. I'm serious!
Jim H

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 07:16:56 PM »

It's especially bad because the Blob remake is what a remake should be - it uses the same basic ideas, but updates it very well for the times and changes it enough that it stands as its own movie.  There was also a good reason to update it to show off the new excellent special effects of the 80s.  Along with Little Shop of Horrors and The Thing, it's one of the best remakes out there.

Beyond that, there's nothing else to do.  I think Rob Zombie showed he has some legitimate film making talent with The Devil's Rejects (I don't think it is a great film, but he was able to get some good performances out of various people, and it has some solid writing).  Then the Halloween remake was horribly awful, and so is the second one (so it seems).  Make something original again Rob, you seem to be better at that.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 08:18:46 PM »

I can't help thinking they're going to try to make it all gritty and needlessly sadistic.  That approach worked for Hills Have Eyes, but I just don't see it working for The Blob.  I guess I'm going to wait and see what kind of approach they take, but honestly I think The Blob can stand to be asleep for a little while longer.
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 10:23:49 PM »

Hmmmmm, I think Rob Zombies take on The Blob could be interesting. It will never touch Blob '88, that is one of my favourites.

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Rob Zombie's next project, another remake of The Blob « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.