Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:07:20 PM
714157 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Songs you like from bands you don't? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Songs you like from bands you don't?  (Read 7901 times)
Joe the Destroyer
« on: August 29, 2009, 02:41:10 AM »

Just because I've dismissed a band as being full of asshats, or sounding like a rusty metal ball being raked against a cheese grater, or being worth about as much to me as a used napkin, doesn't mean I don't occasionally find one song I actually like by them.  Okay, maybe I'm being a little harsh.  There are some groups I also respect musically, but just don't like.  Usually then, I can find one song I actually like. 

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Yes, I'll admit to liking this song.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 09:29:47 AM »

I like Billy Joels Allentown.  It's the only song where he doesn't try to compensate for his soft rockedness by shouting
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 12:50:56 PM »

Small | Large

Small | Large
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 01:25:50 PM by the ghoul » Logged
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 07:33:29 PM »

that's interesting you should pick 'angie', I don't actually like that tune but the one good song from a band I hate is 'Street Fighting Man' by the Stones. it's a really good song. everything else I've heard by them is more or less drivel, yet they have this reputation as one of the 'great' bands of our time. I would go as far as to say they are rubbish. not even 0.01% as good as the beatles.

Also, I was scratching my head to think of ONE decent song by The Doors so I could post it in here, but honestly there are none.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 07:39:20 PM »

Small | Large

Small | Large

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
venomx
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 07:59:25 PM »

Sum 41 - We're All To Blame, same here Joe. Thumbup

That's the tune from Godzilla Final Wars when Godzilla Japan fights Zilla USA.

Small | Large
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 12:18:41 PM »

that's interesting you should pick 'angie', I don't actually like that tune but the one good song from a band I hate is 'Street Fighting Man' by the Stones. it's a really good song. everything else I've heard by them is more or less drivel, yet they have this reputation as one of the 'great' bands of our time. I would go as far as to say they are rubbish. not even 0.01% as good as the beatles.

Also, I was scratching my head to think of ONE decent song by The Doors so I could post it in here, but honestly there are none.

Actually, that was "Mother's Little Helper," not "Angie."  As much as I dislike the Stones, I actually think they are 1,000 times better than The Beatles, and I can't think of a single Beatles song that I like! BounceGiggle  Oh well, we each have our own individual tastes.  I hate The Doors also.  Your comment about them made me laugh, so I'm giving you Karma. Thumbup  There is one song by The Doors that I do like a little bit though:

Small | Large
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 12:36:49 PM by the ghoul » Logged
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 12:28:08 PM »

The Who should have called it quits after this one.  Their only good song:

Small | Large
3mnkids

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 01:22:26 PM »

Even back in the 80's i hated these guys and my opinion hasn't changed with age...but i did like this song, the only one i can stomach.

aqO8LpE0GU4

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 02:07:22 PM »

I like riders on the storm but in general they were little more than a very dull classic rock band
hellbilly
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 02:10:41 PM »

I hate his guts and can't stand the video but I kinda like this song:

Small | Large

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 07:54:19 AM »

that's interesting you should pick 'angie'

Actually, that was "Mother's Little Helper," not "Angie."  
'doh, thanks...not sure why I said Angie, it clearly says Mother's Little Helper on the vid.

I bought The Best Of Marmalade, 2 CDs and only found one track I liked. (and Jimi Hendrix called it his favourite song of 1967)

I8pUuIEoRcc

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 08:00:50 AM »

Small | Large

Small | Large

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 09:18:17 AM »

I'm not gonna link the video but I like "the sweetest thing" by U2, who I consider to be by far the most boring band on Earth
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 11:09:03 AM »

I was going to choose U2 as well.  "The Wanderer" (because Johnny Cash does the vocals).

Funny thing about U2, I hate almost all their songs when Bono and crew perform them, but there are several cover versions of their tunes that I like quite a lot.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Songs you like from bands you don't? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.