Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:34:52 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Forgotton films « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Forgotton films  (Read 9161 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: August 29, 2009, 08:51:28 AM »

I been thinking about some old movies I saw in my youth...but never again. I never see them mentioned in reference books either, They just seem to be...forgottn.

I recall an ABC Movie of the Week film with Ray Milland that creeped me out as a kid...1969...
DAUGHTER OF THE MIND

Small | Large

'
Another...YOULL LIKE MY MOTHER had John Boy Walton as a sicko psycho!

Small | Large

Others I can't find clips for...

TWO ON A GUILLITINE (1965) with Ceaser (the Joker) Romero.
I saw this on Chiller Theater back in about 1969.

the GRISSOM GANG
Saw Loooong ago...one of the gang members was a psychotic retard. Good movie.

the BEAST of MORROCO (aka the HAND OF NIGHT)
An oddball psuedeo vampire film I saw on CREATURE FEATURE in the early 70's.

What films do you recall..but everyone else seems to have forgotton?

Small | Large

« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 08:58:44 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 05:30:22 PM »

HELL SQUAD:

Small | Large

A group of Las Vegas showgirls turns into a crack anti-terrorist squad and take a lot of hot tub breaks.  How is this not in IMDB's top 250?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 07:43:47 PM »

THE DOBERMAN GANG (1972)!

A gang of clever Dobies with names like 'Clyde', Bonnie', Dillinger', etc. are trained by a group of misfits (including a hippie and a Vietnam vet, of course) to rob banks. Great theme song has lyrics like "They are known as man's best friiiiend - n' public enemy number one.. Arf arf. Arf. Arf."

Small | Large

Hardly anybody seems to remember this one, or its two sequels THOSE DARING DOBERMANS and the kiddie movie THOSE AMAZING DOBERMANS. I saw all three at the theater.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 10:30:04 PM »

well, i got three movie serials for you- The Phantom Creeps, The undersea Kingdom, and Radar Men from the Moon.

yeah no.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 10:51:24 PM »

I been thinking about some old movies I saw in my youth...but never again. I never see them mentioned in reference books either, They just seem to be...forgottn.
I recall an ABC Movie of the Week film with Ray Milland that creeped me out as a kid...1969...
DAUGHTER OF THE MIND
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTiZm9MwWso
Another...YOULL LIKE MY MOTHER had John Boy Walton as a sicko psycho!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UXYqoH0Hrg
Others I can't find clips for...
Yeh, DAUGHTER OF THE MIND... Yeh, YOU'LL LIKE MY MOTHER... BELA, you missed those on your late night TV wanderings,  Drink  Twirling instead of hawking over GRAVE OF THE VAMPIRE over on Chiller Theatre, you shoulda turned on that CBS LATE MOVIE ever'one so fond of and long ago looked at PATTY DUKE dukin' it out with "Mother"...  TongueOut  Wink  Drink

Okay, kinda forgettable, OH!  I mean, "forgotten"  Lookingup  I love this movie: THE NIGHT THEY RAIDED MINSKY'S  ...
Small | Large

"10 terrific girls but only 9 costumes..." BounceGiggle  TeddyR 

How 'bout JOURNEY TO MIDNIGHT ??   
Small | Large

« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 11:04:57 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 01:02:55 AM »

THE DOBERMAN GANG (1972)!

A gang of clever Dobies with names like 'Clyde', Bonnie', Dillinger', etc. are trained by a group of misfits (including a hippie and a Vietnam vet, of course) to rob banks. Great theme song has lyrics like "They are known as man's best friiiiend - n' public enemy number one.. Arf arf. Arf. Arf."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnuRQR-3Ui8

Hardly anybody seems to remember this one, or its two sequels THOSE DARING DOBERMANS and the kiddie movie THOSE AMAZING DOBERMANS. I saw all three at the theater.

I remember the one with Fred Astaire!  BounceGiggle

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 01:05:27 AM »

well, i got three movie serials for you- The Phantom Creeps, The undersea Kingdom, and Radar Men from the Moon.

I have The PHANTOM CREEPS on dvd!  Thumbup And if I recall-the UNDERSEA KINGDOM was one of Lon Chaney Jr.s first films! He played a henchman of the sea people.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 07:17:20 AM »

I've got that on VHS, but all the nudity is edited out  Bluesad  Still a fun movie though.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Javakoala
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 12:58:47 PM »

I'd post something on this thread, but I've forgotten all the forgotten films that I forgot.

That made my brain hurt.....
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 01:45:38 PM »

One I seen on a double feature at the local Strand in 1974 or 5 with PSYCHIC KILLER...
HOMEBODIES-

Small | Large

That's Kenneth Tobey (The THING,IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA) as the construction boss!(The guy with the helmet on the phone.)

Another moldy oldie-THEATER OF DEATH (also known as BLOOD FIENDS) with Chris Lee.1966. I saw this on late,LATE night....about 2:00 in the morning...Nite Owl Theater I believe...

Small | Large

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
hellbilly
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 02:01:45 PM »

Nomads (1986)

Small | Large

and Heaven (1998)

Two overlooked and underrated gems.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2009, 05:36:00 PM »

I've got that on VHS, but all the nudity is edited out  Bluesad  Still a fun movie though.

So it runs about 35 min?  Wink

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2009, 07:13:20 PM »

When I Was A Little Kid I Was Staying Up Late One Night And Saw Part Of A Movie On Television

I Think It Was TAMMY AND THE T-REX

About A Boy Kidnapped By A Mad Scientist And Has His Brain Transplanted Into A Mechanical T-Rex

I've Been Looking Everywhere To Find This Forgotten Film , Even Tried Sending Away For It But Still Came Up With Nothing
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2009, 08:03:48 PM »

I have The PHANTOM CREEPS on dvd!  Thumbup And if I recall-the UNDERSEA KINGDOM was one of Lon Chaney Jr.s first films! He played a henchman of the sea people.

I actually just download The Phantom Creeps from Archive.org.  I really like it.

Also, Werewolf Versus the Vampire Woman seems to be pretty underrated.  I just picked it up on DVD with a few other movies.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2009, 08:48:28 PM »

Dick Tracy (1990)

I'm very suprised that not many people know about it, despite it being probably the best comic book to film adaptions ever made.  It got everything right about it capturing the look, feel, story telling, and scenery of the comic series and comic books in general, but no one really seems to talk about it at all.

Animal Farm (1954)

I'm not surprised this film has been forgotten over the years, but it really is sad that no one seems to know about it.  I blame the live acted verison from the 90s that distracts people from this verison.  It maybe because it is animated or most of the film is completely narratored, but no one speaks of it.  It probably is one of the best book to movie adaptions out there, though the ending was changed compared to the book.

The Thing from Another World (1951)

I'll admit it, I never even heard about this movie until last year.  I always assumed that The Thing was just a stand alone movie and not a remake.  Maybe that's why it is sort of forgotten by people, because they don't realize that there was an original (that's my excuse and theory)

Twice Upon A Time (1983)

Really, does anyone (Outside of Derf, WingedSeperent, and myself on this site) even remember that this movie exists?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Forgotton films « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.