Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:52:56 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Jaws: The Revenge « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Jaws: The Revenge  (Read 36254 times)
MexiGojira
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2009, 11:36:33 PM »

An exploding shark? the penguin is behind the attacks! Drink

As a kid I found the movie more comic than frightening, In an odd twist, I saw the movies backwards, from Jaws the revenge to the 1° Jaws.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 08:49:40 AM »

InformationGeek, there is a reason why the shark explode. And the reason is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqiWWmAEfTA

That is the original ending, the test audiences laughed very much while seeing it so they decided to change it, but there was no more budget and the actors refused to come back for free. So they made the shark explode and mix it with the rest of the footage they had.

Watched that clip and laughed until it hurted.  Yes, that ending is just terrible, prehaps even worse than the exploding shark.  However, I am willing to buy it more since it makes a bit more sense now than the shark just exploding.  At least I know why the boat sinked and everyone got into the water.

OK, the strange thing about this for me is that I've always remembered the ending as them skewering the shark, and the boat sinking.  It was not until I purchased the DVD that I saw the current, awkward boom-boom shark finale.  One of the VHS or LD releases must have had the original ending.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
uncleslappy38
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 09:02:19 AM »

i love how michael caine was unable to personally accept his oscar how hannah and his sisters because he was busy filming this atrocity.
Justin
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2009, 09:52:13 AM »

As hilariously bad as this movie is, I still like it better than JAWS 3. Its got that 'so bad its fun' feel to it, unlike JAWS 3 which is torture to me, in my opinion. 
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2009, 10:05:23 AM »

As hilariously bad as this movie is, I still like it better than JAWS 3. Its got that 'so bad its fun' feel to it, unlike JAWS 3 which is torture to me, in my opinion. 

For me, I believe number 3 is so bad that it is fun.  This film just painful.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2009, 10:25:26 AM »

Jaws 3-D is my favourite after the original film, believe it or not.

cw
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2009, 06:32:21 PM »

i have a daughter who LOVES sharks.(the real kind...and lots of documentaries that are very well made)However, as per an obsession, we also watch ANY movie with sharks.I can tell you all this: in b movies, SHARKS ROAR!haha!check it out. all the good bad movies have roaring sharks, so much so that it is not complete unless the shark roars for us.
Joanna
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2009, 02:49:02 PM »

OMG, Bruce the Shark's rubber skin really took a puncturing with that clip! I don't know whether that facial expression was Lorraine Gary's good acting or her sheer disbelief at that roaring contraption. They should have let Bruce stay broken like he was in the first film so they could have had those POV shots again.
Raffine

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2010, 11:36:17 AM »

I saw this at the theater during its opening week. It still had the skewered shark ending.

Like Andrew, I wasn't aware of the Exploding Bruce ending until much later.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
TooManyCustomers
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2011, 04:53:23 PM »

I first caught this abomination on HBO when I was about 14.. saw it waaay too many times back then. It probably led to that strange fetish for welders...  anyway!

It had the skewered shark ending if I remember correctly, also Mario Van Peebles character didn't resurface instead having been properly et...

Watched it again on Netflix more recently and had both explosions and miraculous survival..
AlienatorDonut
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2013, 03:42:16 AM »

I actually quite enjoyed this movie. You spent only two dollars (£1.40 in British money) on this movie, which is actually not that much.

It is a pretty bad movie, and the special effects for the shark are quite crappy, but when you get over all of the nonsense, you may find this movie quite entertaining.

I remembered Roger Ebert giving it a 0/4. (Coincidentially, Roger Ebert died last night.)

Nonetheless, Jaws: The Revenge is Citizen Kane compared to Manos: The Hands Of Fate.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Jaws: The Revenge « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.