Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:36:47 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Jaws: The Revenge « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Jaws: The Revenge  (Read 36255 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: August 31, 2009, 05:13:32 PM »

Guest review by InformationGeek.  What is left of the Brody family is pursued all the way to the Caribbean by yet another hungry great white shark.  What struck me as unusual is when the shark ate a plane.  That doesn't happen very often.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 06:51:15 PM »

Hooray!  Another one of my reviews is chosen.

This film sucked beyond all comprension.  It was my first experience with a real terrible movie and it left a stain on my soul that cannot be washed away.  The shark effects are just terrible and so laughable.

The final part with the shark exploding for no reason really gets me.  Why did it blow up!?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 10:17:58 PM »

BounceGiggle This film sounds hilarious! I think I saw it when I was a kid, though, some parts sound familiar.

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Torgo

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 12:47:15 PM »

I had the misfortune of my dad taking me to see this back when it was out for like 2 weeks in theaters.  He just stood up at the end and yelled out "What the hell?! That was a piece of s**t!" 

The whole part near the end where the shark is STANDING ON IT'S TAIL AND GROWLING is one of the most funny things ever though.

Also, there's a rumor that when they re-released all of the Jaws movies on DVD a while back that they tried to get Michael Caine to do a commentary track for Jaws IV. Supposedly he just got up halfway through, took off his microphone in disgust and just left. I really wish if that is indeed true that they put that on a future DVD of this piece of crap.

Here's the late comedian Richard Jeni talking about seeing Jaws IV one time BTW:

Small | Large

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Alex
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 05:21:22 PM »

This movie makes me think some things:

1) Wouldn't have been easier to make a fairly entertaining movie? For me it seems very hard to make such a terrible movie. And Josepth Sargent was a really competent director at least in some movies (Pelham 123)
2) No one in the whole production thought that all the psychic shark thing was far beyond cheesiness? I'm sure someone thought he was really a genius...
3) No one saw that the sark couldn't move? why having Bruce in full shots knowing it looked so bad?
4) Who the hell made that awful ending? And at least this is not the "original", that was even worst.

And the most important... who the hell allowed this to just start the pre-production? It's so bad it isn't even really funny. Holly hell, it's even much worst than the third... it's like the italian "Jaws 3" (L'ultimo scualo or The Last Shark).
yannick
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 07:08:18 PM »

That movie is awsome, LOL you can still find it in some used up dvd bin for about 3$.

Jaws 3 was not very good either guess they should have stopped after the second movie.

Alex
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 10:36:45 AM »

InformationGeek, there is a reason why the shark explode. And the reason is this:
Small | Large

That is the original ending, the test audiences laughed very much while seeing it so they decided to change it, but there was no more budget and the actors refused to come back for free. So they made the shark explode and mix it with the rest of the footage they had.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 01:36:52 PM »

This movie makes me think some things:

1) Wouldn't have been easier to make a fairly entertaining movie? For me it seems very hard to make such a terrible movie. And Josepth Sargent was a really competent director at least in some movies (Pelham 123)
2) No one in the whole production thought that all the psychic shark thing was far beyond cheesiness? I'm sure someone thought he was really a genius...
3) No one saw that the sark couldn't move? why having Bruce in full shots knowing it looked so bad?
4) Who the hell made that awful ending? And at least this is not the "original", that was even worst.

And the most important... who the hell allowed this to just start the pre-production? It's so bad it isn't even really funny. Holly hell, it's even much worst than the third... it's like the italian "Jaws 3" (L'ultimo scualo or The Last Shark).

The answer to all those questions is - $$$

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 04:43:51 PM »

InformationGeek, there is a reason why the shark explode. And the reason is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqiWWmAEfTA

That is the original ending, the test audiences laughed very much while seeing it so they decided to change it, but there was no more budget and the actors refused to come back for free. So they made the shark explode and mix it with the rest of the footage they had.

Watched that clip and laughed until it hurted.  Yes, that ending is just terrible, prehaps even worse than the exploding shark.  However, I am willing to buy it more since it makes a bit more sense now than the shark just exploding.  At least I know why the boat sinked and everyone got into the water.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 09:29:08 PM »

InformationGeek, there is a reason why the shark explode. And the reason is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqiWWmAEfTA

Good sweet god that is hilarious!!!

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2009, 04:54:02 AM »

I actually think that is a better ending, seriously!

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2009, 06:55:47 AM »

I actually think that is a better ending, seriously!

I think Circus is right.

Despite some ropey effects, that's not actually too bad.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
DavidFullam
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2009, 10:14:43 AM »

I'm sure they all had fun swimming in the big back lot pool for the climax.
Alex
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 06:07:10 AM »

I've seen this  movie yesterday again, and I think the problem is that people doesn't understand it.

It is not really a shark movie, or a horror movie or something like that. It's the drama of a woman who lost a big part of her family due to water and gets into a paranoid depression with it, and the familiar problems that the situation causes. And eventually some times we see a shark.

Also this is a movie inside a movie. How the hell can Ellen remember things she have never saw? Because she is a fan of the Jaws saga. Before this movie starts she saw at least Jaws and Jaws: The Revenge. So she didn't have really a shark link, in that momments she thinks "oh, jesus, this is the part of the movie where my son is attacked!" and that's why also she knows the "blowing up" thing of the shark and she can have flashbacks of brody killing the first shark, because she saw the movie.

Pure Genius!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 11:40:38 AM »

I've seen this  movie yesterday again, and I think the problem is that people doesn't understand it.

It is not really a shark movie, or a horror movie or something like that. It's the drama of a woman who lost a big part of her family due to water and gets into a paranoid depression with it, and the familiar problems that the situation causes. And eventually some times we see a shark.

Also this is a movie inside a movie. How the hell can Ellen remember things she have never saw? Because she is a fan of the Jaws saga. Before this movie starts she saw at least Jaws and Jaws: The Revenge. So she didn't have really a shark link, in that momments she thinks "oh, jesus, this is the part of the movie where my son is attacked!" and that's why also she knows the "blowing up" thing of the shark and she can have flashbacks of brody killing the first shark, because she saw the movie.

Pure Genius!

Of course!

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Jaws: The Revenge « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.