Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 11:30:59 AM
714262 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7737 Members
Latest Member: NannieHime
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dealing With Difficult Teachers « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Dealing With Difficult Teachers  (Read 6616 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 08:05:18 AM »

You know, that reminds me a bit from the Louis Black special "Taxed Beyond Belief" where he says something like, "I wanted to get help with my taxes, so I went to an account who's been in the business for the past twenty years.  I sure hope I can get to him before he jumps."

:)

As for the teacher thing, well, been a lot of good advice already.  I'd also the whole seeing if there's another teacher who does the class.

I've had a couple of bad teachers myself in college, most of the time I'd just slog on through and do the best I could.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 08:44:15 AM »

Bad teachers are a fact of life, and they continue on at all academic levels.

I second the advice to go see her during office hours. They may not like it, but a teacher's job is still to teach, not just perform by rote.

I'd also recommend forming a study group.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 10:38:54 AM »

You know, I never really experienced having a bad teacher before.  It may be that I have always attended a private/Luthern/Catholic school or it could be that I have a better attitude compared to almost everyone else.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 02:07:43 PM »

You know, I never really experienced having a bad teacher before.  It may be that I have always attended a private/Luthern/Catholic school or it could be that I have a better attitude compared to almost everyone else.
Question Excuse me?  I am thinking maybe this could have been phrased better?

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 02:12:26 PM »

Question Excuse me?  I am thinking maybe this could have been phrased better?

My bad.  There is just not a good pharse in general to sum up any of my classmates attitudes or respect for the teachers in my school.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 02:57:09 PM »

That text is your lifeline.  Know it well.  Read ahead so you can be prepared to address the toughest bits - either *hoping* to catch enlightenment on them in the lectures or at least having well-posed questions at hand.

See, this is why I like the Anytime/Anywhere internet classes my college offers.
No annoying teachers to deal with.  No having to drop what I'm doing and drive in heavy traffic to attend one class for that day. (Mondays & Wednesdays I have only one class...Accounting)
I have 4 total classes.  Three of them are at the college.  The fourth one is an internet course.

The internet classes are super easy if you have the motivation.
All I have to do is check the website and go to the "Lessons" page.  It lays out the entire semester for me. 
Week 1: Read Chapter 1, take the 20 question quiz and then post on the discussion board.
Week 2: Read Chapter 2, take the 20 question quiz and then post on the discussion board.
Week 3: etc...etc...etc...

The only reason I took Accounting as a face to face class was because I'm not good with numbers and needed a teacher there so I could ask questions.
The Accounting instructor p**sed me off so much on Monday that I didn't go to class today.

The instructor is not a tenured professor.  She's part of the adjunct faculty.
From what I can tell, she's relatively new...and it shows.
I'm definitely going to have to politely confront her very soon and have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to say to her.

It's funny...
She's the polar opposite of my Principles of Selling and Principles of Advertising instructor. (same instructor for both classes)
He's an easygoing fun professor who prefers his students to ask as many questions as possible.
I look forward to going to his classes. 
But I feel dread whenever I think about going to my Accounting class.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 03:01:51 PM by Ash » Logged
Jim H

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2009, 12:41:11 PM »

The instructor is not a tenured professor.  She's part of the adjunct faculty.
From what I can tell, she's relatively new...and it shows.

I'd say you have a much better chance of dealing with her then.  Both on a personal level and getting one of her bosses on her case if she won't change her attitude. 
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2009, 10:26:44 PM »

1 large container of Vaseline
10 gallons of gasoline
1 wind-up alarm clock

These three worry me a little, ghouck.  Buggedout

That's not so bad. I was expecting to see something about a pig farm in there.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dealing With Difficult Teachers « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.