Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:14:27 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Woman uses lighter to check gas can level, blows up car « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Woman uses lighter to check gas can level, blows up car  (Read 7066 times)
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 01, 2009, 01:20:15 PM »

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1741354,CST-NWS-lighter29.article

A Joliet woman suffered second-degree burns Tuesday night after she used a cigarette lighter to help her see how much gas was in a can she was been filling.

The incident happened at a 7-Eleven gas station at 1609 E. Cass about 10:30 p.m., police said.

The 27-year-old woman "was filling up a gas can, which was sitting on the passenger seat of the car. [She] then used a lighter to . . . observe how full the can was," police said.

The flame ignited the gas, and the can exploded, setting the car's interior aflame.

Apparently afraid that the fire would spread to the gas pump she had been using, the woman began to push the burning car.

The car was about five feet from the gas pumps and engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.

The woman was treated at the scene for second-degree burns to her right wrist and right thigh before being taken to Silver Cross Hospital. Her injuries were serious but not life-threatening.

Buggedout   I'm glad she wasn't seriously injured but come on, common sense should have told her not to do this. At least she had enough sense to move the car away from the pumps.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 01:29:59 PM »

Darwin Award *FAIL*

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Paquita

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 01:35:27 PM »

I think this is the 2nd or 3rd weird news story from Joliet.  I'm never going there again, the next one might be mine!
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 10:59:55 AM »

That's nothing.  There was a guy who used a blowtouch to open up a gas station pump and there was a guy who, as a joke, lit up his cigratte lighter near a gas pump as his friend was pumping gas, catching the whole car on fire.  It destroyed the car and it nearly killed the wife and baby of the jokster's friend.

Small | Large

Small | Large

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Woman uses lighter to check gas can level, blows up car « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.