Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:49:39 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do people think you're weird? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Do people think you're weird?  (Read 16574 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2009, 02:33:58 AM »

We've all kind of mentioned personalities, how about physical appearance?  Most people are shocked at how twisted I am seeing I look average and don't go out of my way to look odd. 

I'm 5'2". I'm 47 years old. I Have very long blond hair. I weigh 130 pounds. My perscription glassess are tined green. I wear factory pants or pajamas and button plaid shirts. I have an SS Deaths Head Corps pin and an FJA Ackermansion pin on my fishing hat. I sit out on the porch of the low rent apartment complex I live at-open the window-and drink whiskey and listen to the Dead Kennedys. The only people who talk to me is the Crazy Cat Ldy (she's psychic!) and druggies. I don't do drugs. When I invite these people into my home-they like my collection of Lugosi-Dracula stuff. My Lugosi yard light is a favorite. I like these people. They are nice to me-I'm nice to them. Not all drug addicts are evil scumbags. some are just like me....addicts who are inteeligent people who have a monkey on there back. So much stigma is put on us.....I'm an alchoholic. And I can understand that. But some of us reaaly don't like it. We are smart,hard working folks...with an addiction. It's a hard monkey to beat.

In short, RC ~ you're a special person. To me and the others on this board anyway.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2009, 03:13:36 AM »

We've all kind of mentioned personalities, how about physical appearance?  Most people are shocked at how twisted I am seeing I look average and don't go out of my way to look odd. 

I'm 5'2". I'm 47 years old. I Have very long blond hair. I weigh 130 pounds. My perscription glassess are tined green. I wear factory pants or pajamas and button plaid shirts. I have an SS Deaths Head Corps pin and an FJA Ackermansion pin on my fishing hat. I sit out on the porch of the low rent apartment complex I live at-open the window-and drink whiskey and listen to the Dead Kennedys. The only people who talk to me is the Crazy Cat Ldy (she's psychic!) and druggies. I don't do drugs. When I invite these people into my home-they like my collection of Lugosi-Dracula stuff. My Lugosi yard light is a favorite. I like these people. They are nice to me-I'm nice to them. Not all drug addicts are evil scumbags. some are just like me....addicts who are inteeligent people who have a monkey on there back. So much stigma is put on us.....I'm an alchoholic. And I can understand that. But some of us reaaly don't like it. We are smart,hard working folks...with an addiction. It's a hard monkey to beat.

In short, RC ~ you're a special person. To me and the others on this board anyway.  Smile

Your an exceptional human being, Trevor. God bless you. The world needs more Trevors. Im not trying to excuse or justify substance abuse....Its a terrible thing. But I appreciate the some dont comdem me. I dont like the way I am. I HATE it. but its hard. And anyone who thinks-"Oh-just STOP"-well-easeir sed than done. Thats why I admire Lugosi so much. At age 72(!) he beat the monkey. Bless him. And he did it publicy...before it was 'chic' to go into rehab. He was osterized and shunned. He did it for himself...not for Hollywood...who forgot him at that time anyway.

I wish I was that strong.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2009, 05:00:36 AM »

Your an exceptional human being, Trevor. God bless you. The world needs more Trevors. Im not trying to excuse or justify substance abuse....Its a terrible thing. But I appreciate the some dont comdem me. I dont like the way I am. I HATE it. but its hard. And anyone who thinks-"Oh-just STOP"-well-easeir sed than done. Thats why I admire Lugosi so much. At age 72(!) he beat the monkey. Bless him. And he did it publicy...before it was 'chic' to go into rehab. He was osterized and shunned. He did it for himself...not for Hollywood...who forgot him at that time anyway.

I wish I was that strong.

I wish I could give you karma for that, RC. Maybe you should just PM me your address and I'll send you some SA DVDs ~ Trek and Andrew are ahead of you in the queue.  Smile

If I am an exceptional person it's because of my family on this board and my parents, plus my adopted brother Nic and my adopted sister Maggi. I would post a pic of Maggi on this site but everyone would drool over her.  Smile

I am a child of abuse and a child of war but I came through that with the help and love of my folks, I'm a mentor to colleagues in film and also to younger people.

So I reckon I turned out OK, except for THE UNDERPANTS. Buggedout

Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2009, 06:07:58 AM »

I fall into this category also. I look like an accountant (or some other stereotypically yawn-inducing persona), so it surprises people that I have a warped sense of humor. Granted, I don't reveal that to just everyone, so most people just assume I have no personality until they spend some time around me. Then, suddenly, I'm a freak (in the best possible sense of the word, I hope). I like to say that I appear normal enough to get in anywhere; then, I corrupt things from the inside. But only for the good of mankind.

As for the general question about weirdness, most people have no idea what to do with me, so they generally ignore me. So, yeah, I'd say people think I'm a bit "different."

RC -- I don't see anything in your self assessment to "catch hell" over; you've proven yourself to be a good and likeable guy to everyone on this board. While I don't carry the heavy addictions you do, I also don't see what you do as what defines who you are. That's not the way people work. Wish more people understood that the essence of a person isn't what he does; it's much deeper than that. And you, my friend, seem to me to be a genuinely decent fellow.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2009, 07:34:27 AM »

Most people consider me weird but most are also frightened to say it to my face. It has to do with the fact I am a big guy who is known for picking up rail road cross ties and carrying them on his shoulder and shoving over trees (they were dead and roots were rotten but most people don't know that). It's really the fact I am the combonation of a nerd in the body of big redneck. Physically I am built like a defensive lineman with the strength to back up the appearance. Mentally however I am off the scale and even refused to join MENSA once because I felt they were a bunch of elitists. On top of that I have a bad reputation which is a hold over from my drinking days of my youth. People tell my wife and kids that my sheer presence scare the crap out of them, so apparently I look mean as well. Granted that creates a lot of fun for my family and myself. They freak people out by proving they don't fear me at all and at the same time tell people who bother them that they will tell me about it. This backs off a lot of potential problems they have. The cops are glad I quit drinking because they hated to deal with me when drunk. In fact they even admitted to me that they had a policy when it came to me to wait until I sobered up to try to arrest me because they knew they would have to fight with me when I was drunk and the tasers they had at the time would just tick me off. Granted it also explains why they come in mass whenever I happen to call them. I guess they figure if I can't handle it, then it must be bad. Granted the upside with my quitting drinking is I have not been awaken by a SWAT team in almost 16 years. Trust me when I say that is not something you ever want as a wake up call. Nothing like a room full of armed SWAT officers in gear with they guns pointed at your head to get the blood flowing int he morning.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2009, 08:39:04 AM »

Granted the upside with my quitting drinking is I have not been awaken by a SWAT team in almost 16 years. Trust me when I say that is not something you ever want as a wake up call. Nothing like a room full of armed SWAT officers in gear with they guns pointed at your head to get the blood flowing int he morning.

I know you're very serious but that made me smile ~ the first I've had today.  TeddyR

How are you doing healthwise now, meQal? I trust better.  Smile

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2009, 12:31:25 PM »

I look like your average middle-aged  whitebread guy.  I'm 6'3" weigh about 210lbs, have mostly gray hair and a lot women smile at me.  My inner weirdness doesn't come out much unless you start talking about movies or tv  (the geek talk seems to just suddenly gush out of me).  My grown daughter calls me a closet-trekkie, mainly because most people I interact with on a daily basis don't know about my extracurricular obsessions.

Since about the third grade I've been fascinated with Science Fiction, UFO's and other paranormal stuff. I'll watch pretty much anything in the scifi genre at least once.

Even though I like this kind of stuff, it never hampered my social skills, I had tons of friends in high school and in the Navy.  I used to drink quite a bit until I got married.  Haven't had a drink in about 20 years, but I can sure tell you a lot "drunk and stupid" stories I was involved in.

I certainly don't seem to weird unless you really get me going.  If I don't seem weird enough to you my response would probably be "Well, you're no fun, stand you on your head and you fall right over!"

« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 07:20:40 AM by Trekgeezer » Logged

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Javakoala
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2009, 05:21:15 PM »

I look like a biker sort, all around beefy with a beard and slightly grumpy expression.  People are blown away by how timid I can be, but when they crack open the door to my weird places (movies, books, etc.), most wish they hadn't opened that door.  A few are amazed at the high level of random, detailed and utter pointless information I have.  The rest just think I'm weird.

I look at myself and see a heavy-set hippie-type gnome.  I usually just don't look at myself too often.  I see this guy with a graying beard and it isn't the teenager I envision in my brain.

Yeah, I'm weird, but I hope I'm at least an entertaining weirdo.

And not to repeat what others have said, but RC, you are a library of obscure information that I find interesting to listen to.  In real life, the smoking would kill my lungs to be be around it, but monkey or not, you are one of the coolest folks I've bumped into and I'd hang out with you just to ramble about movies and toys and all the other things that make life worthwhile.  Virtual karma, brother.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2009, 05:52:37 PM »

If it helps, I haven't really seen any pictures from anyone here and thought, "wow that a wierdo".  

Perhaps an odd quirk I have is how I can be the life of the party around some places/people.  However, I can clam up around other people.  It kind of shocks people how antisocial I am away from certain situations. For example at work I talk all the time to everyone however I go home, hang out here and pretty much don't do much all evening.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 05:54:57 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Paquita

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2009, 08:36:10 PM »

I have the personalty doesn't match appearance disorder too.  It's really tough for me to make friends.  The people that would probably get along with me don't pay attention to me, but I'm shy so I probably wouldn't talk to them if they did.

I'm 5'2". I'm 47 years old. I Have very long blond hair. I weigh 130 pounds.

I think we're twins RC.  I'm the same height and weight as you!  but I'm not blonde or 47.  I love you even though you're a drunkard!  We have some sociable drunks and druggies in our neighborhood that we're all friends with.  One lady is really obnoxious and we try to avoid her, but the others are just the sweetest people in the world! I don't think you're bad!  Just don't use that as an excuse not to kick the habit.
BTM

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2009, 10:10:08 PM »

Trust me when I say that is not something you ever want as a wake up call. Nothing like a room full of armed SWAT officers in gear with they guns pointed at your head to get the blood flowing int he morning.

Whoa, seriously?  They sent a SWAT team after you once? 

Starting to picture you as that guy in Blazing Saddles ("No, don't shoot him, you'll just make him mad!")

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2009, 02:35:32 AM »

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I really am trying to stop...sometimes it gets so unbearable ...I shake....I'm not a 'mean'drunk...I usually just start mumbling and fall asleep.In strange places. I fell asleep on the steps of the county court house once! I was at the Fair and stopped to rest on the steps...woke up 2 hours later. It was a Sunday...so I did'nt get arrested...some nice guy woke me up.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Javakoala
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2009, 06:14:09 AM »

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I really am trying to stop...sometimes it gets so unbearable ...I shake....I'm not a 'mean'drunk...I usually just start mumbling and fall asleep.In strange places. I fell asleep on the steps of the county court house once! I was at the Fair and stopped to rest on the steps...woke up 2 hours later. It was a Sunday...so I did'nt get arrested...some nice guy woke me up.

Hell, don't worry about that.  I fall sleep whenever I sit too long anywhere.  Just don't tell my boss.
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2009, 07:23:06 AM »

Trust me when I say that is not something you ever want as a wake up call. Nothing like a room full of armed SWAT officers in gear with they guns pointed at your head to get the blood flowing int he morning.

Whoa, seriously?  They sent a SWAT team after you once? 

Starting to picture you as that guy in Blazing Saddles ("No, don't shoot him, you'll just make him mad!")
Yep, that actually happen. Years ago I was not the cops favorite person. It was because I happen to get drunk one night in a bar and tossed a few cops out of it who were sent to arrest me. Fortunately for me, I got off from the assault charges because my father was friends with the judge and the sherriff. After that, anytime something came up where they knew I was to be picked up or arrested they would wait until I sobered up because they knew I would surrender without a fight or they would come in force because they knew I was going to fight with them. Finally I quit drinking and got sober.
Anyway, about a month later, I ended up in the hospital ER one morning after a severe bout of insomnia. Apparently I was rather surly towards people so they called the cops thinking I was drunk. The cops responded by calling in the SWAT team to arrest me because there was a warrent out for a guy who had an almost similar name as mine. We are talking same first and last name just a different middle name. So I was given some stuff to make me doze off and was awaken about an hour later with a room full of armed SWAT officers expecting to have a problem. They had filled the room and had guns drawn on me. I figure they wanted me to either mess up and they could do what they could of considered the world a favor by taking me out.(at the time and they way I was, they may of been doing just that if that had). It was only after I showed them my ID at the jail while wearing two sets of shackles and belly chains that I was let go. They were not happy either because they still did not like me at the time. Years later after I have quit drinking, the cops like me but still come in force when I call them. They figure if I am calling them for help it must be bad.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2009, 08:04:35 AM »

Most people consider me weird but most are also frightened to say it to my face. It has to do with the fact I am a big guy who is known for picking up rail road cross ties and carrying them on his shoulder and shoving over trees (they were dead and roots were rotten but most people don't know that). It's really the fact I am the combonation of a nerd in the body of big redneck. Physically I am built like a defensive lineman with the strength to back up the appearance. Mentally however I am off the scale and even refused to join MENSA once because I felt they were a bunch of elitists. On top of that I have a bad reputation which is a hold over from my drinking days of my youth. People tell my wife and kids that my sheer presence scare the crap out of them, so apparently I look mean as well. Granted that creates a lot of fun for my family and myself. They freak people out by proving they don't fear me at all and at the same time tell people who bother them that they will tell me about it. This backs off a lot of potential problems they have. The cops are glad I quit drinking because they hated to deal with me when drunk. In fact they even admitted to me that they had a policy when it came to me to wait until I sobered up to try to arrest me because they knew they would have to fight with me when I was drunk and the tasers they had at the time would just tick me off. Granted it also explains why they come in mass whenever I happen to call them. I guess they figure if I can't handle it, then it must be bad. Granted the upside with my quitting drinking is I have not been awaken by a SWAT team in almost 16 years. Trust me when I say that is not something you ever want as a wake up call. Nothing like a room full of armed SWAT officers in gear with they guns pointed at your head to get the blood flowing int he morning.

Yer my new hero!  Thumbup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do people think you're weird? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.