Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:15:20 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Plans 1 Through 8 from Outer Space « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Plans 1 Through 8 from Outer Space  (Read 3140 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: September 03, 2009, 08:43:12 PM »

From the New Millennium Theater Company in Chicago comes the true story of what the aliens tried before resorting to the reanimation of three corpses to conquer the world and save the universe from

Chicago, IL – New Millennium Theatre Company (NMTC) presents the world premiere of
Plans 1 Through 8 From Outer Space

Who:    New Millennium Theatre Company

What:    Plans 1 Through 8 From Outer Space

When:    Fridays and Saturdays, September 25 through October 31, 2009 11:00 pm

Where:   National Pastime Theater 4139 N. Broadway, Chicago, IL 60613

Tickets:     $15 General Admission   312-458-9083 or Website (www.nmtchicago.org)

In 1959, modern soothsayer Jeron Criswell unveiled the infamous “Plan 9 From Outer Space” to an unsuspecting world: a sinister alien plot to raise the dead in order to take over mankind!  But on September 25, the best has been saved for first, when New Millennium Theatre Company presents the world premiere of Plans 1 Through 8 From Outer Space; a prequel based on what’s widely considered the worst movie ever made.  Celebrate the Halloween season with alien overlords Eros, Tanna, and the nefarious Ruler as they as they wage war on the human race.  From psychotropic soda pop and the subliminal music of Eros Presley to a new world religion based on a science fiction novel, audiences will experience the true face of fear while receiving a valuable history lesson on a future that might have been in the future! Based on the work of visionary director, Ed Wood, Plans 1 Through 8 From Outer Space answers the question, what went wrong the first eight times?  Finally, the beginning of the story that finishes at the end!

Plans 1 Through 8 From Outer Space  runs Friday and Saturday nights at 11:00 pm, September 25 – October 31, 2009 at National Pastime Theater, 4139 N. Broadway in Chicago. Advance tickets are $15 and can be purchased at www.nmtchicago.org or reserved by calling 312-458-9083.    Half-price tickets available while supplies last at www.goldstar.com.   $10 student and industry tickets (Students must show current student ID/industry must provide h/r or business card at box office).  Discounts applied at box office and are not available with online ticket purchases.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 08:58:54 PM »

I like the premise allright, and one day after my birthday to boot! ^_^

I dunno though, seems a bit "self aware" to be effective as a b-tribute, the plans should be outright lame and pathetic, not so "quirky" IMO (At least the early ones). Plan 7 or 8 should be a competant invasion strategy that gets accidentally overlooked almost as an afterthought :P
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 09:01:05 PM by Mr. Briggs Inc. » Logged

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 09:50:22 PM »

Thumbup  Awesome idea!  It appeals on so many levels, it tickles.   BounceGiggle
If only they were doing it someplace I could actually be.  Bluesad

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 10:54:33 AM »

To tie in with the Mad Magazine thread, this seems like a perfect Sergio Aragones concept: "If that was the 9th plan, the one they decided to go with, what were the plans they rejected?"

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 11:19:07 AM »

We once made our own list of Plans 1-8: http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,116289.msg165141.html#msg165141.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Plans 1 Through 8 from Outer Space « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.