Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:30:55 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  CRANK II - HIGH VOLTAGE « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: CRANK II - HIGH VOLTAGE  (Read 13534 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: September 09, 2009, 06:14:19 AM »

I finally saw that this one had come out on video and could not wait to see it, so I rented it last night and put it into the VCR just before 10 PM after coming home from teaching a 3 hour night class.  It was worth the missed hour or so of sleep!
   Chev Chelios is back in a mind-blowing sequel with explosions, boobs, heavily tatooed Latinos, a 100 year old Chinese pervert, and enough reality flaws to make WyreWizard's head explode!  The lethal assassin and sometime boyfriend of the ever-cute and resourceful Amy Smart fell from a helicopter last movie (and BOUNCED when he hit the ground!), only to be scooped up by some Chinese organ thieves who steal his heart and put in an artificial replacement.  Now he is up and awake, trashing Chinatown, terrorizing hookers, rediscovering his girl, and putting on a show for some 8,000 people at the LA racetrack, all while trying to track down his missing heart.   This one is pure bad movie fun from start to finish.  There are very few redeeming features to get in the way of the testosterone-filled madness.  I'd tell ya more but I'm late for work.

Indy sez check it out. TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 06:36:34 AM »

Wait, you got this on VHS??  I didn't know they still put movies on those...

Anyway, I got this in my Netflix queue, should be coming soon, look forward to it!  :)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 06:45:50 AM »

Does anyone else miss VHS ?
I'm kinda nostagic for it...I feel old.....

Bluesad

Anyway, back to the topic, I saw the first Crank, and enjoyed it, but didn't feel the need to see the second one. I might give it a go some day.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 11:44:21 AM »

Bluesad

I feel even older . . . I miss Beta.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 11:44:59 AM »

I didn't like CRANK, so I'll probably avoid the sequel.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Jim H

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 01:39:20 PM »

On a random note, depending on how they hit the ground and what the ground is made of, people do indeed bounce when falling long distances. 

I thought Crank was entertaining for what it is.  It's very akin to a big budget Troma film, though not as funny.  I also think the action scenes in it are pretty bad.  But so much craziness in a film is certainly entertaining at times.

It just barely manages a 7/10 from me.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 10:55:07 PM »

I wasn't fully awake and typed VCR instead of DVD player, sorry.

BTW - there is a cool little homage to all the Toho Japanese movie monster duels in CRANK II - just so ya know. Buggedout Twirling

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 12:19:10 PM »

Bluesad

Here here.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 06:20:54 AM »

Wait, you got this on VHS??  I didn't know they still put movies on those...

Bluesad

Here here.

Hail!

Btw, I didn't like Crank & Crank II is pretty much the same movie. Jason Statham needs to drop the pacemakers and kicking ppl in the chest in slow-mo, an he could probably do alot better with his career.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 06:22:44 AM by Circus_Circus » Logged

Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 02:58:48 PM »

Jason Statham does a great job in "Snatch", but he seems to have been type cast by the "Transporter" and "Crank" films.
"Crank II" is basically a group of scenes of gratuitous violence and sex connected (just barely) by a minimal amount of dialogue and plot, that being said it was, for me at least, a lot of fun to watch, especially the Kaiju and firehose scenes.
While I won't watch this one again soon, it was a pretty good movie to watch once.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Scott123
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 12:08:22 PM »

Bluesad

Anyway, back to the topic, I saw the first Crank, and enjoyed it, but didn't feel the need to see the second one. I might give it a go some day.

I kind of miss VHS. In fact, I was looking for a thread on that, didn't see one, so I posted the topic.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2016, 08:01:27 PM »

I'm responding only because i have only one other friend who will even talk to me about this film. Most of them shut down the minute I squeeze the title out. Kudos to you Indiana!

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Archivist

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 08:42:10 PM »

This reminds me, I must watch these movies properly.  The trailers are a blast, and I'm pretty sure a double pack will be going cheap at the usual places.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 07:50:34 PM »

This movie has one of the best opening scenes in concept.  It opens with a news report (hosted by John DeLance of ST:TNG) recapping the first movie.  It basically is telling the audience that the movie knows its stupid and unrealistic, and if your the kind of person whose going to nitpick stuff, this isn't the movie for you.

I enjoyed this movie.  It does a modern exploitation movie better then those Tarintino movies that came out. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2016, 11:26:25 AM »

I think it was transporter 2 where he had a bomb under his car so he drove really fast and hit a jump so the car would flip and a crane would scrape the bomb off. that's some gary Daniels level ridiculousness
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  CRANK II - HIGH VOLTAGE « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.