Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:13:39 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Administration  |  Announcements  |  Forum Changes « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Forum Changes  (Read 193497 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 11:51:00 AM »

That's a very good idea Rev.  Thumbup

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 10:49:54 AM »

I edit while I'm writing, I don't as often go back and edit after very long.  I wanted simply to be sure Andrew knew about the disappearance/reappearance of those two functions (modify and remove) which are now available and have been for the last day or so anyway. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 11:43:18 PM »

Andrew, do you have to manually delete the spam? Like from the sql database?

What I've done before was find in the PHP the check that is done where it looks for the current user and adds the modify and delete buttons for them, and hard-code MY login name so I got those buttons for every posting. This was on a PHPBB, but I believe SMF is not terribly different. 

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2009, 09:09:50 AM »

Andrew, do you have to manually delete the spam? Like from the sql database?

What I've done before was find in the PHP the check that is done where it looks for the current user and adds the modify and delete buttons for them, and hard-code MY login name so I got those buttons for every posting. This was on a PHPBB, but I believe SMF is not terribly different. 

Moderators do not have to manually delete spam.  The hole in the system is that there is no way for the forum to notify the moderator group when a message is modified after a few days.  The spammers do this:

Post a message that is on-topic for a thread
Wait 1,2,4 weeks
Modify the message to add their spam links

The only way for me to find a spam message that was made that way is the manually look through the SQL.  I have created some queries to help me find them, but it still takes manual checking.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Celx
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2010, 11:38:29 AM »

Sure i like to post a pic every now and then that I think people might find funny but willing to let it go to keep some jerk from slamming us with crap we don't need.

After reaching 10 posts, the person should be able to post pictures and links.  Please let me know if you are now unable to post them, because it means I made a mistake in the permissions or other configuration when I made these changes.

I still can't post a link...
I'm really sad now :(
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2010, 12:13:55 PM »

Sure i like to post a pic every now and then that I think people might find funny but willing to let it go to keep some jerk from slamming us with crap we don't need.

After reaching 10 posts, the person should be able to post pictures and links.  Please let me know if you are now unable to post them, because it means I made a mistake in the permissions or other configuration when I made these changes.

I still can't post a link...
I'm really sad now :(

Try it now.  Smile

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2010, 02:12:02 PM »

I don't know if you changed the settings, but I'm able to edit my posts anytime. That is very important since I maintain the halls for the two movie fame and shame games we play here.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 09:18:27 AM »

I don't know if you changed the settings, but I'm able to edit my posts anytime. That is very important since I maintain the halls for the two movie fame and shame games we play here.

Established members should not have a time limitation on editing their posts.  It's only newer members who cannot edit posts (to prevent spammers from abusing the function).

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Swamp Thing
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2010, 01:17:20 AM »

At what post count can you edit your posts?

Not that I want to spam or anything, its just that for example my Indiana Jones knock-off thread if I find some more I'd like to be able to edit the post so I can add titles to the existing list, rather than have a bunch of titles spread across a few pages.

Abby Arcane: Is there a Mrs. Swamp Thing?
Swamp Thing: No, I'm a bachelor.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2010, 07:51:02 AM »

At what post count can you edit your posts?

Not that I want to spam or anything, its just that for example my Indiana Jones knock-off thread if I find some more I'd like to be able to edit the post so I can add titles to the existing list, rather than have a bunch of titles spread across a few pages.

It's at 100, because we were getting a number of spammers persistent enough to get past the new visitor status, then going back to edit their posts and add spam links.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
KiwiGirl
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 02:56:44 PM »

Bluesad Hi there, I still can't post any links. I read up and saw that I need to have made 10 posts (which I have) but its still says I can't. Is there a stand down time or something?
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2010, 04:57:56 PM »

Bluesad Hi there, I still can't post any links. I read up and saw that I need to have made 10 posts (which I have) but its still says I can't. Is there a stand down time or something?

Hmm, I don't think I have posted it anywhere officially, but the magic number is 11 posts.  You should be able to post them now.  Email me or let me know if you still cannot. 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
KiwiGirl
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2010, 06:59:11 PM »

Hmm, I don't think I have posted it anywhere officially, but the magic number is 11 posts.  You should be able to post them now.  Email me or let me know if you still cannot. 

Yup, all better now. Thanks heaps.  Twirling
JeremyRay
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2015, 04:46:48 AM »

Well I suppose I have to start on my 11 probationary posts somewhere - not that I blame the admin, having run boards myself and dealt with those-who-should-be-turned-into-spam.

The only thing I can add is that I was going to post stuff from the bad movie I'm developing and might need to update old posts to remove old material.  100 posts are a lot.

316zombie
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2015, 03:06:52 PM »

hi jeremy, i'm barri!
i would LOVE to hear about your movie, and i imagine others here would too.
perhaps you could just start a thread about it, and start new posts with"UPDATE" until you get enough posts to be able to edit?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Administration  |  Announcements  |  Forum Changes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.