Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:21:07 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The killer mutant kitty movie "Uninvited" is finally coming to DVD! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The killer mutant kitty movie "Uninvited" is finally coming to DVD!  (Read 7342 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: September 10, 2009, 07:38:55 PM »

This was one of my very first reviews.  The movie is incredibly bad, with a huge, mutant cat monster that lives inside a normal cat, George Kennedy, and the tremendous roar of breaking glass that happens when a truck rolls down a mountainside.  Awesomely bad 80's cheese.  I'm looking forward to getting the DVD and updating that review!

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/uninvited/

October 20th.  I just have to hold out until October 20th.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Rat-Bat-Spider
Dedicated Viewer

ICE to meet you!

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 07:43:06 PM »

I LOVED UNINVITED!!! It reminded me of Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders, in that I kept wondering how they scored George Kennedy in a role like that. It's a bad movie buff's delight. I can't wait for your updated review, pal!!! It'll be great!

www.cinematronica.wordpress.com
A movie review every day for an entire year. Can he handle it? Can YOU handle it?
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 10:55:05 AM »

This movie honestly has every element that makes our counter film culture great.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 12:53:28 PM »

Finally!  Thumbup

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 02:00:23 PM »

WHOOYEEAH! One of your first 5-slimes too, which is why I got it on VHS and part of why I wrote a studio some months ago trying to get it released on DVD (Glad to know they listened! X) ). Hopefully this thing will be chock fulla extras and won't go out of print within a week as Shakma did. Either way it's good to know people are still putting out DVD, I'd feel a bit like I betrayed VHS long ago if they weren't :P .

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
hellbilly
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 02:09:06 PM »

Any idea what studio is releasing this? Amazon shows nothing except for a Uninvited / Mutant Double Feature from Liberation Entertainment (bootleg?) available since 06/29/09.

*EDIT* Never mind, found it following the "buy" link in the review.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 02:11:19 PM by hellbilly » Logged
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 08:27:25 PM »

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
awesome awesome news.
Justin
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 12:22:03 PM »

I finally saw this thanks to Youtube & I found this to be such a fun movie. Now, I'm looking forward to getting this on DVD.

Thanks for posting this DVD news, cause I wouldn't have checked it out otherwise (never heard of the movie before).

I guess curiosity really did kill the cat.   BounceGiggle
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 01:31:08 PM »

It looks like there are now two DVD releases for this film!  One is the Cheezy Flicks DVD that I have linked on the review, which is due out 20 Oct.  The other is from Libertion Entertainment and due out 22 September ("Mutant" is also on the DVD).

I get confused by Cheezy Flicks, because there have been at least 2, perhaps 3 DVD companies releasing under names close to that.  One was very much a gray market operation.

Neither of the "Uninvited" DVD releases mentions much in the way of extras on the discs.  Can anybody comment on the quality of DVDs from either company releasing these?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
hellbilly
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 04:00:45 PM »

It looks like there are now two DVD releases for this film!  One is the Cheezy Flicks DVD that I have linked on the review, which is due out 20 Oct.  The other is from Libertion Entertainment and due out 22 September ("Mutant" is also on the DVD).

I get confused by Cheezy Flicks, because there have been at least 2, perhaps 3 DVD companies releasing under names close to that.  One was very much a gray market operation.

Neither of the "Uninvited" DVD releases mentions much in the way of extras on the discs.  Can anybody comment on the quality of DVDs from either company releasing these?

There is definitely something shady about Cheezy Flicks and Liberation Entertainment. Liberation has the "fullscreen" DVD of Without Warning (1980) listed on their site even though MGM owns the rights. Cheezy Flicks Entertainment seems to be distributing bad VHS copies on DVD. I just read a few customer reviews at amazon.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2009, 06:20:33 PM »

Cheezy Flicks indeed distributes awful VHS-quality copies of awesome films easily available in better formats, apparently using some deceptive tactics to do so (if my copy of Magic, which I was lead to believe was the Dark Sky release is any indication   -_-)...

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2009, 07:42:43 PM »

Perhaps we should throw a release party?  Andrew, any ideas for the theme.  I was thinking we could rent a boat and have someone run around in the mutant cat costume for effect. 

DarkSider's Realm

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2009, 07:44:10 PM »

Perhaps we should throw a release party?  Andrew, any ideas for the theme.  I was thinking we could rent a boat and have someone run around in the mutant cat costume for effect. 

I call the cat costume!  TeddyR

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 07:45:48 PM »

I call the cat costume!  TeddyR
Cool, I'll be George Kennedy so Andrew can punch me in the face.   TeddyR

DarkSider's Realm

Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2009, 09:07:15 PM »

There is definitely something shady about Cheezy Flicks and Liberation Entertainment. Liberation has the "fullscreen" DVD of Without Warning (1980) listed on their site even though MGM owns the rights. Cheezy Flicks Entertainment seems to be distributing bad VHS copies on DVD. I just read a few customer reviews at amazon.

Liberation seems to have a number of films in their catalog, and be the only distributor for them, that lends some credibility to them not being gray market.  They also list "Without Warning" as only having non-US distribution rights.  They are the only DVD available for "Puff the Magic Dragon" on Amazon.com.  I'm going to pickup their double feature with "Uninvited" and report back.  I have the movie on LD, and the LD is also 4:3 (fullscreen).

What you found about Cheezy Flicks matches the DVD of "Horror Planet" aka "Inseminoid" that I got from a company with, or with a close version of, that name.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The killer mutant kitty movie "Uninvited" is finally coming to DVD! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.