Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:57:59 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The killer mutant kitty movie "Uninvited" is finally coming to DVD! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The killer mutant kitty movie "Uninvited" is finally coming to DVD!  (Read 7401 times)
hellbilly
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2009, 02:23:11 AM »

There is definitely something shady about Cheezy Flicks and Liberation Entertainment. Liberation has the "fullscreen" DVD of Without Warning (1980) listed on their site even though MGM owns the rights. Cheezy Flicks Entertainment seems to be distributing bad VHS copies on DVD. I just read a few customer reviews at amazon.

Liberation seems to have a number of films in their catalog, and be the only distributor for them, that lends some credibility to them not being gray market.  They also list "Without Warning" as only having non-US distribution rights.  They are the only DVD available for "Puff the Magic Dragon" on Amazon.com.  I'm going to pickup their double feature with "Uninvited" and report back.  I have the movie on LD, and the LD is also 4:3 (fullscreen).

What you found about Cheezy Flicks matches the DVD of "Horror Planet" aka "Inseminoid" that I got from a company with, or with a close version of, that name.

So I guess they distribute movies they don't have the US rights for through Canada or some other country then? How else to explain the ad for the DVD of "Without Warning" on their site.
Mutant was released on DVD by Elite in glorious 16x9 Widescreen. Liberation seems to make it a point to release and re-release everything in "fullscreen". Even Mutant Lookingup
hellbilly
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009, 06:08:32 AM »

Got this from another forum about Liberation:

They may be legit, but the quality of their releases are utter crap. I own a couple, and have rented a couple more in the past, and the transfers were from old (and degraded) video masters.

They were previously known as "Liberty International Publishing" too.

They were (still are?) distributed by Genius Products, so I would lean towards legit...at least for some of the titles.

Justin
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2009, 07:02:47 PM »

So, the upcoming Cheezy Flicks release of UNINVITED may be the best DVD transfer?

I have a feeling this gem may not get another DVD release (considering how obscure it is, well I think it is) & I'd really like to buy it for my collection.     TeddyR
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

It's neVer over!

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2009, 07:33:05 PM »

So, the upcoming Cheezy Flicks release of UNINVITED may be the best DVD transfer?

I have a feeling this gem may not get another DVD release (considering how obscure it is, well I think it is) & I'd really like to buy it for my collection.     TeddyR
Trust me, "best transfer" is not assured with Cheezy, but I guess with it's competition it is possible X_x

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2009, 08:02:54 AM »

I like "Uninvited" enough that I will buy both versions, and can then provide some helpful information.  Cheezy Flicks also released "Convoy," and that it was a widescreen DVD.  Maybe "Uninvited" will get a similar sort of treatment.  A decent quality DVD, uncropped, from the original might be the best anyone could ask for.

This reminds me of my search for the best DVD version of "Starcrash."  Must have purchased four or five different DVDs of that movie, and still believe that it needs a super restored edition.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2009, 01:40:40 PM »

I have received both DVDs and was able to compare them.

The version of "Uninvited" on Liberation Entertainment's "Double Feature: The Uninvited / Mutant" is better than Cheezy Flicks' version.  The colors are better on Liberation's DVD, while Cheezy Flicks' DVD looks a bit washed out.  Something to take into consideration, however, is that the Cheezy Flicks' DVD is about half the cost.  If you are only looking for "Uninvited," and are not too worried about picture quality, it's a better value.  In my case, the extra money of the better print is worth it.

Liberation Entertainment's DVD

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
daveblackeye15

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2009, 03:36:03 PM »

Wow and I was just wondering if this was out on DVD.

This movie terrified me as a kid, seeing some clips of it on youtube showed me that it is quite laughably bad. Still I plan to buy it and re-watch it and avenge myself, same thing I plan to do with Xtro, another movie that terrified in my much earlier years.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The killer mutant kitty movie "Uninvited" is finally coming to DVD! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.