Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  2000 Maniacs (1964) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2000 Maniacs (1964)  (Read 1740 times)
Scott
« on: March 26, 2002, 11:58:11 PM »

Just viewed 2000 MANIACS and all I can say is it would have been good had they taken out the stupid southern characters. The northern characters were bad enough, but the southern ones made the film stupid as well.

Ok, the means of death of the 4 out of 6 northeners was quite shocking I suppose, (kinda like THE ADOMIDABLE DR. PHIBES) but the again those southern characters take away from what could have been a good film.

I really liked the vivid color of the film and the 1960's automobiles, but the music with the guitar and banjo had to go. Well maybe one song was catchy.

I'm going to give Hershel G. Lewis another chance with SHE DEVILS ON WHEELS soon. I like biker films and some of the reviews I read were good.

Next three films i'll review are:

SHE DEVILS ON WHEELS
WILD ANGELS
FRANKENSTIENS CASTLE OF FREAKS
Will
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2002, 11:24:55 AM »

hmmm....I'm pretty sure the story of 2000 Maniacs DEPENDED on the precense of the ghosts of this southern town taking revenge on northerners.....so they kinda had to be there.  Then again, it's an HG Lewis movie, so the story doesn't really matter.  Just saw the new Fangoria with a big feature on Blood Feast 2: All U Can Eat.  Now THAT's exciting.
Chris K.
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2002, 01:22:15 PM »

I have my certain favorite H.G. Lewis films like BLOOD FEAST, BLAST-OFF GIRLS, and SOMETHING WEIRD. But 2000 MANICAS stands to be my favorite and better than BLOOD FEAST because, lets face it, 2000 MANICAS has a good, solid plot unlike BLOOD FEAST. The acting was not bad, the cinematography was EXCELLENT, and the gore, though not all wall-to-wall gore, was still enough to shock me.

Say what you want about H.G. Lewis, but he is a gifted filmmaker with some good ideas. Why can't we have more of these guys in the film business is beyond me. 2000 MANIACS is a unique film in it's own genre.
Scott
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2002, 04:21:15 PM »

I'm not being critical of the film except the part with the two southeners that set up the detour sign. Their acting was way to exaggerated even for a b-movie. Without those two the film would have been some what different overall.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  2000 Maniacs (1964) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.