Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:12:54 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What is the most offensive film ever? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Author Topic: What is the most offensive film ever?  (Read 66219 times)
Skull
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2009, 04:47:03 PM »

wow, ghouck you have pushed this topic beyond repair...

"Reckless Driving is what it is", , but, "I like the idea of wiggle room" is what you said before.

My stand of Reckless Driving never changed... I ment by saying "I like the idea of wiggle room" for your interpretation on the law and that everything seems to be ok as long as its not written. "Wiggle Room"

I also said...

But the fact is reckless driving does covers so much because its about the drivers attention to the surrounding enviroment. But they called it reckless because there is a billion things a driver can do and a billion more that they cannot think of...

Because you cannot list everything... So the law reflects responsibility to the driver and his/her actions therefore there is NO WIGGLE ROOM in the law.

[Personally if I was a judge and anybody attempted to pull a BS 'wiggle room' at me I would slap them with 10 years and any lawyer that suggested that too... but im not a judge. ]

As for DUI... the big difference is a police officer can assume your are drunk driving, and pull you off the road and give you a test. You Dont have to be drunk or even driving bad.

As for driving while texting, if the police officer can see you do this you are going to crash.

:)

Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2009, 05:04:11 PM »

Back on topic again, I wouldn't call it the MOST offensive film ever, but I found Heartbeat Detector offensive (aka La Question Humain).  It directly compares corporate downsizing with the genocide of the Nazis in WWII.  It offended both my moral sensibilities and my intelligence.
Skull
« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2009, 08:35:23 PM »

I think Clownhouse is offensive when you realized the director actually molested one of the kid actors...
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #138 on: September 23, 2009, 01:30:15 AM »

For me, the most offensive film I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot of offensive films) is Salo.  The scenes where s**t is being eaten just.. oh, man, that is wrong.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #139 on: September 23, 2009, 07:50:47 AM »

I think Clownhouse is offensive when you realized the director actually molested one of the kid actors...

Not the "most" offensive film ever. It is very wrong and unfortunate, the events surrounding that film. But nobody knew that at the time, so it doesn't come across to the viewer in the film, if they didn't know about it. Anyway, it's out of print now. The most offensive thing is that Victor Salva is still able to make movies and work with children.  Buggedout

Skull
« Reply #140 on: September 23, 2009, 10:13:33 AM »

Not the "most" offensive film ever. It is very wrong and unfortunate, the events surrounding that film. But nobody knew that at the time, so it doesn't come across to the viewer in the film, if they didn't know about it. Anyway, it's out of print now. The most offensive thing is that Victor Salva is still able to make movies and work with children.  Buggedout

The kids running around in their underwear does play in your mind when you realized the director was a CREEP... sadly I have not seen Clownhouse since I heard of the story...

Although, my mother loves Clownhouse and I dont have the heart to tell her that Victor Salva molested one of the boys... So I do agree with you that not knowing the inside story doesnt make it offensive...

SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2009, 10:22:10 PM »

Back on topic again, I wouldn't call it the MOST offensive film ever, but I found Heartbeat Detector offensive (aka La Question Humain).  It directly compares corporate downsizing with the genocide of the Nazis in WWII.  It offended both my moral sensibilities and my intelligence.

I would also make that comparison. It's still a denial of basic human dignity for a stupid reason(profits).

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Jim H

« Reply #142 on: September 23, 2009, 11:25:44 PM »

I would also make that comparison. It's still a denial of basic human dignity for a stupid reason(profits).

Yeah, and playing paintball is quite similar to warfare.  Both involve people running around and shooting each other.

Murdering 12 million people is not comparable to firing a few hundred people.  To suggest otherwise marginalizes simply unbelievable amounts of human suffering.  It is an enormous insult to all the victims of the Nazis.
Skull
« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2009, 07:14:07 AM »

Yeah, and playing paintball is quite similar to warfare.  Both involve people running around and shooting each other.

Murdering 12 million people is not comparable to firing a few hundred people.  To suggest otherwise marginalizes simply unbelievable amounts of human suffering.  It is an enormous insult to all the victims of the Nazis.

I would think the line was written to be offensive... but I dont see it as offensive as listening Rob Zombie's Laurie making a sexual reference with a bagel to her mother (telling me that she is naturally trailer trash since it didnt seem like something they she leaned from her parents) [It offends me because the line was written to offend and makes the character unlikeable, and then Im wondering why am I watching this film.]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What is the most offensive film ever? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.