Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:23:27 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm Drunk « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Author Topic: I'm Drunk  (Read 52115 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2010, 01:15:04 PM »

My condolences Allhallows, very sad to hear, but stay strong.

JJ80
Nutter Magnet
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2010, 02:37:17 PM »

My brother died tonight, 5:05pm January 12.  Though he was once a tall strong handsome man, at about 45 he became afflicted with a dreadful disorder that crippled his spine, and caused him to distort into a hunchback.  He'd already drunk 3/4s of his lifetime of beer that would eventually exacerbate his degeneration, and booze and beer seemed his only solace in the last 12 years of his life...  Think before you drink?  I don't know what to write.  I wanted to let my friends here know.

I'd just like to say that I'm sorry to hear about that.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2010, 05:28:27 PM »

My brother died tonight, 5:05pm January 12.  Though he was once a tall strong handsome man, at about 45 he became afflicted with a dreadful disorder that crippled his spine, and caused him to distort into a hunchback.  He'd already drunk 3/4s of his lifetime of beer that would eventually exacerbate his degeneration, and booze and beer seemed his only solace in the last 12 years of his life...  Think before you drink?  I don't know what to write.  I wanted to let my friends here know.
I'm sorry to hear that; i hope things get better and you find some solace.

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2010, 12:18:00 PM »

Thank you to everyone for your kind words. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Javakoala
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2010, 08:31:13 PM »

Being drunk due to family sorrows is never a good thing. Warm wishes to you, kind sir.

Me, however, I just like throwing a drunk for entertainment's sake. Like tonight. I start a very restrictive diet that I hope I can stick to for the next three weeks come Tuesday (I have a day-long date with the woman I will die loving and don't care what we do or eat), so drinking will go to the wayside for a while.  Blah.

But this weekend, it is booze, pizza and movies (along with more cleaning of the apartment than I would enjoy normally)!!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2010, 08:32:42 PM »

I'm tipsy.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2010, 08:37:39 PM »

Oh God...I'm so sorry....I knew not. Tara Sue died from hepatitis and cancer...all from drugs and alchohol. If you need to talk-call me ,man.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2010, 09:25:44 PM »

Being drunk due to family sorrows is never a good thing. Warm wishes to you, kind sir.
Actually, I wasn't drunk, but had not the nerve to start a thread about my sorrow, was poking around unable to sleep and picked the old standby "I'm Drunk" thread, which seemed appropriate for my poor, sad, abused, accursed, alcoholic brother. 

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2010, 09:34:37 PM »

Gee Hallows-PLEASE call me!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2010, 09:48:17 PM »

Don't mind me, I know what it is, and tonight, I am drinking.   Drink  Wink  My brother was a drunk and it killed him.  That's what I wanted to relate to everyone, so all could make informed decisions. 

Javakoala
« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2010, 10:18:11 PM »

Don't mind me, I know what it is, and tonight, I am drinking.   Drink  Wink  My brother was a drunk and it killed him.  That's what I wanted to relate to everyone, so all could make informed decisions. 

I rarely ever do anything without informing myself beforehand. Okay, well, there was that night with a squirrel, a goat and two Gothic Lolitas, but I had no idea that synthetic lace could cause THAT kind of rash. And did you know that both squirrels and goats can bite REALLY hard?!?

I haven't lost a family member in the way you did, Allhallows, but I've lost my parents to things that could have been and should have been avoided. It is a hurt that only time and reflection will soften.  Drink wisely.

And don't watch any Al Adamson films, for the love of God!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2010, 10:39:14 PM »

I can't part anything to really make you feel better, but I'm sorry to hear that good sir.  Just now reading this. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2010, 10:41:57 PM »

I'm somewhat kinda tipsy at the moment.  Been thinking about some things and they've got me feeling a bit down, and drinking kinda helps soothe me over, sadly.  They say drinking brings out the truth in people, that how they act when drunk is how they really are.

I dunno.  Sober I'm kind of a mean spirited jerk.  Drunk I'm vastly happy, dancing around and talking to everybody regardless of if I know them or not.  I dunno why I can't be like that when sober. Question

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2010, 04:45:04 PM »

Sorry to hear, AHD.  I'm quite lucky that I very seldom drink.  It just doesn't do much for me.  My condolences to you in these tough times.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Javakoala
« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2010, 11:58:28 PM »

Back on line with the thread, I am here again.  Not so much drunk as very, very buzzed. I have learned a lot about drinking over the last three or four months that I never understood before. Like when to stop before you redecorate your bathroom with Early American Stomach Contents. There is a life lesson. I still get zipped too fast, but I now know to stop.

Does anyone here find they do something better while drunk than they do while sober  or stoned?  I can write prose better while drunk, but not so well when stoned. But I can write great poetry while stoned, but can't even start while drunk. I also can't read very well while drunk, but I love to read while stoned.

Being stoned is a thing of the past, but I do miss it.

But that is another thread, right?  Oh well.

I find I drink to entertain myself. I'm bored more often than not. Not because there is nothing to do, but because nothing directs my focus. If I'm focused on something, I find drink is a distraction.

Whoops. I'm up late.  Time for bed. Sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm Drunk « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.